SiouxSports.com Forum

I figured out where our friend Jeff Dubay has been

Telly33

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit that it is hard for me to feel bad for Puffy, with all of his negativity and snide comments towards the Sioux and the State of ND in general...but he is still a human being.

who is getting what he deserves.

BTW - the cops pulled him over because his plates came back to the owner (him) having a suspended license

Thank god it's just coke!! :D

I love how before this recent news the Dubay apologists were banking on the fact that he wasn't in possession of meth, but merely the ingredients to make it. As if that is somehow better.

I can't speak for all of the "apologists," but I was merely stating that getting caught with ingredient(s) to make meth is a lot different than actually possessing meth, or getting caught at some meth cooking site. If you're caught with one meth ingredient, whatever it might be, it does not mean that you are on your way to go cook up some meth. Just like if I go to the grocery store and purchase yeast, it does not mean that I'm going to my still out in the country to cook up some moonshine. If you can't understand that, well, good luck to you.

I can't speak for all of the "apologists," but I was merely stating that getting caught with ingredient(s) to make meth is a lot different than actually possessing meth, or getting caught at some meth cooking site. If you're caught with one meth ingredient, whatever it might be, it does not mean that you are on your way to go cook up some meth. Just like if I go to the grocery store and purchase yeast, it does not mean that I'm going to my still out in the country to cook up some moonshine. If you can't understand that, well, good luck to you.

You people have to find lives. This is a hockey board! :):D

Thank god it's just coke!! :D

I love how before this recent news the Dubay apologists were banking on the fact that he wasn't in possession of meth, but merely the ingredients to make it. As if that is somehow better.

It's called karma. How many times has Dubay made light of COLLEGE KID's legal troubles on the air? If COLLEGE KIDS being arrested for underage drinking, something that probably 90% of all of them do, is open season for him then Puffy's recent misadventures definitely are for us.

It's hilarious that now that the shoe is on the other foot our hearts are supposed to go out to Puffy and we're supposed to protect his privacy.

I hope for our sake his career isn't over, because if he ever steps foot in Engelstad Arena again, we will be merciless.

Karma's a b|tch.

AT

If you really believed in Karma, you wouldn't have posted that. ;)

Not on the topic of Puffy specifically but...When did being a D-bag become the accepted norm in society and being a "good guy" become the rarity? So many people so eager to bring someone down nowadays. There are 5 pages because a guy got busted for Coke. And all the anger against people who support him as a friend or fellow human being. Anger derived from making jokes about another city or University. Telly, you have hatred towards some guy because he makes fun of you, your city or your school? He has more important things to worry about than having idiots ride him about his misdeeds. Besides, isn't that what guys do with friends? Giving each other sh*t all in good fun? If Oshie or Toews do great things in the community, It hardly gets the pages, more importantly, draw anywhere near the emotion that a radio host that most don't know, gets for having poor judgment. In all seriousness people, take the time and energy you spent hounding someone you hardly know if at all and spend it in a more socially productive way. Read a book for cripes sake. Its not only Sioux, Gopher or Huskie fans. Its just the world in general. It makes me ill I have 3 kids and this is what they have to look forward to and what I have to protect them against. :) Off rant.

If you really believed in Karma, you wouldn't have posted that. :)

Not on the topic of Puffy specifically but...When did being a D-bag become the accepted norm in society and being a "good guy" become the rarity? So many people so eager to bring someone down nowadays. There are 5 pages because a guy got busted for Coke. And all the anger against people who support him as a friend or fellow human being. Anger derived from making jokes about another city or University. Telly, you have hatred towards some guy because he makes fun of you, your city or your school? He has more important things to worry about than having idiots ride him about his misdeeds. Besides, isn't that what guys do with friends? Giving each other sh*t all in good fun? If Oshie or Toews do great things in the community, It hardly gets the pages, more importantly, draw anywhere near the emotion that a radio host that most don't know, gets for having poor judgment. In all seriousness people, take the time and energy you spent hounding someone you hardly know if at all and spend it in a more socially productive way. Read a book for cripes sake. Its not only Sioux, Gopher or Huskie fans. Its just the world in general. It makes me ill I have 3 kids and this is what they have to look forward to and what I have to protect them against. :D Off rant.

So people that are against illegal drug use/possession are D-bags? Maybe instead of teaching children that those that criticize drug use are idiots, maybe you should teach children that THOSE USING THE DRUGS ARE IDIOTS! People that think like you are the real problem these days. Oh it was just a little cocaine, oh he just needs some help, oh people should come down on him, oh give him a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance, oh even though he has spent countless hours bashing individual players (some deserved) he doesn's deserve to be kicked when he is down....excuses excuses excuses, oh we shouldn't use red ink in classrooms when correcting papers because it hurts feelings, oh we shouldn't keep score in games because it will hurt the feelings of the kids that lose blah blah blah

Puff Puff deserves the opportunity to get help. He doesn't deserve sympathy. Personally, it seems that ranting against illegal drug possession/use is a social productive activity since any "idiot" knows how drug use can rip apart families/communities.

So people that are against illegal drug use/possession are D-bags? Maybe instead of teaching children that those that criticize drug use are idiots, maybe you should teach children that THOSE USING THE DRUGS ARE IDIOTS! People that think like you are the real problem these days. Oh it was just a little cocaine, oh he just needs some help, oh people should come down on him, oh give him a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance, oh even though he has spent countless hours bashing individual players (some deserved) he doesn's deserve to be kicked when he is down....excuses excuses excuses, oh we shouldn't use red ink in classrooms when correcting papers because it hurts feelings, oh we shouldn't keep score in games because it will hurt the feelings of the kids that lose blah blah blah

Puff Puff deserves the opportunity to get help. He doesn't deserve sympathy. Personally, it seems that ranting against illegal drug possession/use is a social productive activity since any "idiot" knows how drug use can rip apart families/communities.

You missed my point entirely. You need to separate emotions from fact. I was saying he has other things to worry about than people razzing him at a hockey game. Any Gopher fan gets razzed at REA.

I am all for red marks. I am all for telling kids that are 14 years old, they suck at football, basketball, hockey or baseball and should try something else. That is why I cant coach anymore. The entitlement of kids and parents today makes me ill.

I didn't say he deserved sympathy. I just don't understand the outrage because he roots for another team. It's not about the cocaine offense for a lot of these posts, that is just the means to an end.

You missed my point entirely. You need to separate emotions from fact. I was saying he has other things to worry about than people razzing him at a hockey game. Any Gopher fan gets razzed at REA.

I am all for red marks. I am all for telling kids that are 14 years old, they suck at football, basketball, hockey or baseball and should try something else. That is why I cant coach anymore. The entitlement of kids and parents today makes me ill.

I didn't say he deserved sympathy. I just don't understand the outrage because he roots for another team. It's not about the cocaine offense for a lot of these posts, that is just the means to an end.

In that case I agree with you. The fact that he is a Gopher fan has nothing to do with it, at least in my book, but I can see where you are coming from. It's just all so stupid and no reason for it to happen.

Great post. I agree with some of what Gopherguy said concerning we should also be pointing out the good things people do, but I don't think Dubay deserves any of our sympathy. People with cancer or who just lost a loved one deserve sympathy, not drug users. Why don't we praise the people who simply don't do !@#$ like cocaine instead of constantly plead for the rights and feelings of users and losers? The most disadvantaged people in our society are the people who don't mess up, but rather do things the right way in life, because no one cares about them. They're too worried that an arrogant asshole who ran down our state, not just our hockey team, every chance he could. FRIENDS do give each other a hard time, but Puffy was never a friend of mine, and he sure as hell didn't seem to be making all the comments he's made through the years in a friendly, joking tone. If some of you on here have met Dubay and formed a different opinion than the one I have, I'm not going to tell you that you can't feel sorry for him, so don't tell me I have to. The only way I know him is the arrogant jerk he chose to portray himself as on air, and you can now add drug user as to that.

It sounds like he has a family, so for the sake of his family I hope he is able to realize what a moronic decision he is making with not only his life, but also the effect it most likely will have on his children. It disgusts me that he is more worried about the ramifications his drug use is going to have on his career than the terrible example he's setting for his own children that need more love and caring from Jeff Dubay the Dad, not more smartass comments from Jeff Dubay the Radio Host. The worse thing a parent can do is put your needs before those of your kids. Last I checked, cocaine isn't something kids need, but maybe I'm in the minority in that opinion. If anyone wants to rip me for taking this stance, go right ahead. I'll gladly be ripped for being an adult against drugs and selfishness rather than be defended as a selfish, drug abusing asshole.

See - I told you his stock would go up in this goofy society known as metropolitan minnesota

The charges certainly would make it difficult for him as a radio host to comment with any sort of credibility on athletes like Pacman Jones, etc. Perhaps now we know why he thinks of Grand Forks as a hell hole, it doesn't have the access to the kind of snow he wanted. Say what you want about small town/small state living, but temptations like that aren't as prevalent and accessible here. Hopefully he straightens himself out and can make some contribution to society from his experience and his public visibility.

Yeah the only thing is Dubers isn't first celb to screw up and get caught with pot, we have a person that was a mayor of a major metro city get arrested and charge with for smoking crack cocaine and then end up back as the mayor of same city. We have had numerous movie stars that screw up only to resurface with their careers in tact. (not sticking up for him just saying he isn't the only one) so it wouldn't surprise me that he was not fired.

We also have a presidential candidate admit to using drugs and other that were president of the USA Bill Clinton admist to smoking pot...

I know it's easy for Sioux fans to dislike Dubay because he would always rip on UND and look down on Grand Forks and North Dakota. But this is bad news for Sioux fans. Dubay brought a lot of attention to college hockey in the Twin Cities market and that brought a lot of exposure to UND and Sioux hockey. It's doubtful his replacement will be as much of a college hockey rube. Will they talk about college hockey as much? Probably not. Will weekend trips to WCHA cities be continued? Probably not. These were little things, but they added excitement and exposure to UND.

I know it's easy for Sioux fans to dislike Dubay because he would always rip on UND and look down on Grand Forks and North Dakota. But this is bad news for Sioux fans. Dubay brought a lot of attention to college hockey in the Twin Cities market and that brought a lot of exposure to UND and Sioux hockey. It's doubtful his replacement will be as much of a college hockey rube. Will they talk about college hockey as much? Probably not. Will weekend trips to WCHA cities be continued? Probably not. These were little things, but they added excitement and exposure to UND.

So you're saying he was the Howard Cosell of college hockey?

I agree that it's bad for Dubay, but at least he'll get the help he needs now. On the note of Sioux hockey exposure.....Dubay may have broughten more exposure to UND and Sioux hockey, but lets be honest here, Sioux fans are the best in the nation!! We bring nation expsoure to ourselves because we travel so well for every away game and we sell out every home game!!! We're die-hard hockey fans! I'd like to see another college hockey rube at KFAN, but I think Sioux fans will be just fine without Dubay!! :D