SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

People in the know are reporting that David Hale (NJ) will be traded today . . . I'll let you know . . .

Blake is rumoured as well. The scarey thing thus far is the number of players that St Louis is dumping. I fear they will raid the College ranks for talent at the end of the NCAA season, inlcuding Oshie.

Blake is rumoured as well. The scarey thing thus far is the number of players that St Louis is dumping. I fear they will raid the College ranks for talent at the end of the NCAA season, inlcuding Oshie.

Oshie is gone, regardless of how many players the Blues deal. If they were in a playoff race, they would use him as soon as they could.

Oshie is gone, regardless of how many players the Blues deal. If they were in a playoff race, they would use him as soon as they could.

blues add jay barribals rights from the gophers in that deal for bill guerin, st louis is turning into a new jersey type with their NCAA kids..nice to see...........

just to name a few in their system now.......

erik johnson

jay barribal

tj oshie

david backes

blues add jay barribals rights from the gophers in that deal for bill guerin, st louis is turning into a new jersey type with their NCAA kids..nice to see...........

just to name a few in their system now.......

erik johnson

jay barribal

tj oshie

david backes

Actually Backes has been playing with the big club for awhile now and has been doing fairly well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...bname=nhl-blues

They have and the Skippies won't be happy if they lose both young Erik and Bareballs to the Blues next season.

true true, eriks gone and barriball may be a 4 year player, he was a 7th rounder i believe and needs to grow...

i also think tj is gone, just a hunch, so lets get #8 :lol:

Actually, the Blues traded Tkachuk and Guerin. They did not trade away any appreciable defensive talent. Which means that Erik Johnson could be 50/50 on staying (I'd argue EJ's gone after this year, but anyways) but there is now a huge offensive void for the Blues.

I really think St. Louis will put the fire under Oshie to sign.

Looks like Ryan Smyth has been traded to the Islanders, not sure for who yet;

Blake could be involved in this one.

Edit: nope, Oilers get Robert Nillson, Ryan OMarra, and 2007 first pick.

Isles wouldn't have had to do this . . . if they had drafted Zach Parise :lol:

Haven't heard anything new bout Hale, but Lou usually doesn't announce things till late, so maybe around 5 p.m. we'll know his fate. Devils fans seem to think he should go, that he just can't cut it in the Devils system and that he needs a fresh start; i'm not of that opinion though.

Isles wouldn't have had to do this . . . if they had drafted Zach Parise :lol:

Haven't heard anything new bout Hale, but Lou usually doesn't announce things till late, so maybe around 5 p.m. we'll know his fate. Devils fans seem to think he should go, that he just can't cut it in the Devils system and that he needs a fresh start; i'm not of that opinion though.

Hale is going to the Flames. Looks like he's following in Commie's footsteps. Hale and a 5th rounder for a 3rd rounder. Looks like Lou is doing some salary cap maneuvering.

Blues trade dman Wideman to Bruins for rw Boyes.

Will Sutter even play him in Calgary? He doesn't seem to like college players.

He'll play as much as Commodore played there. My guess anyways. You're right about Sutter and college kids. It doesn't matter who you are.

I just wish Hale would have gotten traded to a better team. Yeah, I'll admit it, Hale would fit in well with the Wild or the Stars. They don't seem to care much about offense.

If I am correct, the trade deadline was today at 3pm eastern. My guess would be is that he is staying with them for now and you are right, at the moment they would be insane to trade him.

Without looking up his stats, he must have a pile of points for the Islanders this year. Seems that he has gotten points every time he's played.

Do we know what Blake is doing yet?

Staying with the Islanders?

After his performance tonight, I'd want to keep him.

He'll be with the team the rest of the season now. However, he is a free agent after the year and has stated that they should trade him if he wasn't signed long term by the deadline. He then said he'd test the waters this summer.

Do we know what Blake is doing yet?

Staying with the Islanders?

After his performance tonight, I'd want to keep him.

According to the experts on XM 204 that by acquiring Smith from the Oilers they are hoping they can sign one of the two UFA's Blake and or Smith at the end of the season. The Islanders are in a middle of a playoff chase so they are going to take their chances on Blake. I guess his four points tonight makes his case.