SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

What's with Buffalo continuing to scratch Stafford through the playoffs? You'd think with the way he finished the season he'd have a spot for sure, even with a lot of Buffalo's formerly injured players back. Disappointing... :ohmy:

They are 1-2 with Drew in the pressbox.

I agree they need to put Drew back in, him and Vanek have too much chemistry to just sit him.

Also, was at the Ralph yesterday for a graduation party and Porter was out playing on the ice with Mr. Smaby.

I agree they need to put Drew back in, him and Vanek have too much chemistry to just sit him.

Also, was at the Ralph yesterday for a graduation party and Porter was out playing on the ice with Mr. Smaby.

YEAH !! Porter and Smaby are coming back for another season! :ohmy:

They are 1-2 with Drew in the pressbox.

I agree they had chemistry and then Gaustad came back. I believe it was a mistake to do that.

They tinkered with the line up and it burned them.

Yea they where skating in the Olympic rink, Smaby has always been big but he has gotten alot bigger. Had to help him into the locker room, broke a stick. Hell of a nice guy, hasnt been back to the arena for awhile. Good to see former players comming back to skate. Parise did last year, skated with Jordan.(little brother rivalry game)

Another game Stafford isn't playing in tonight...I don't see how they don't think he can help them.

They may be thinking that with the situation they're in, they need playoff experience to get them out of their rut. However, look where that's got them so far. If I'm a coach down 0-2, I'm going to make some changes. Staff's played good in the playoffs, so I'd give him a go.

They may be thinking that with the situation they're in, they need playoff experience to get them out of their rut. However, look where that's got them so far. If I'm a coach down 0-2, I'm going to make some changes. Staff's played good in the playoffs, so I'd give him a go.

Well they are 6-3 when Stafford plays in the playoffs and 2-4 when he doesn't suit up. It seemed that Vanek and him created havoc when they were out together. Never liked Lindsey Ruff much anyway.

Emery only had to make 15 saves tonight.

I guess it's too late to tell Buffalo that, if they want to beat Ottawa, the best way to do it is to look at how Anaheim beat Detroit last night. They simply started throwing the puck at the net and rushed Hasek. Yeah, most of the time it didn't go in (some times because of a great save) but the truth is that you don't score if you don't shoot.

Emery has looked shakey with his rebounds, not counting tonight's game (because I didn't get to watch it).

Buffalo is down 3-0 right now and will have to win on the road to even prolong the series even by one game.

My perspective is this: Buffalo should mail it in, suit up Stafford and any other scratches they have and get them at least one game experience against a team that is OBVIOUSLY far superior to them.

Then line up politely and wish Ottawa the best of luck.

This series is, effectively, over. I think it is somewhat ironic that last year Buffalo embarrassed Ottawa in the playoffs. Now Ottawa is returning the favor. I can't believe Buffalo honestly was a #1 seed coming into this series.

Congrats to Ottawa.

First thing on coaches corner tonight was from Ron MacLean who said, "I can't believe Drew Stafford was scratched again tonight." Cherry agreed.

Not sure what Maxi adds 5 on 5 in the playoffs (at least on this line). He keeps doing the same thing with the puck when rushing it, then can't be physical enough to do anything when he is stopped behind the net. Neither Maxi nor Vanek are particularly great passers. Vanek disappears.

Vanek's line has also seen less pp time without Drew. Wonder if Drew could have helped get that pp going.

First thing on coaches corner tonight was from Ron MacLean who said, "I can't believe Drew Stafford was scratched again tonight." Cherry agreed.

Not sure what Maxi adds 5 on 5 in the playoffs (at least on this line). He keeps doing the same thing with the puck when rushing it, then can't be physical enough to do anything when he is stopped behind the net. Neither Maxi nor Vanek are particularly great passers. Vanek disappears.

Vanek's line has also seen less pp time without Drew. Wonder if Drew could have helped get that pp going.

Its Thomas Vanish not Thomas Vanek for the playoffs!!!!

Its Thomas Vanish not Thomas Vanek for the playoffs!!!!

Vanek hasn't vanished. He's actually played quite well.

Unfortunately, I can say truthfully that Miller may be the only player that has played well (enough) against Ottawa. It's not Miller's fault that they don't shoot and they don't adjust. 15 SOG in the whole game. Wow.

I think Lindy is pulling a Childress (seeing what the other guys have to offer and failing to adjust accordingly) and the players seem to think that they STILL can cutsy their way into the scorebook. Lindy needs to adjust and the players need to stop thinking like idiots and just start shooting the puck.

Unfortunately, I can say truthfully that Miller may be the only player that has played well (enough) against Ottawa. It's not Miller's fault that they don't shoot and they don't adjust. 15 SOG in the whole game. Wow.

I think Lindy is pulling a Childress (seeing what the other guys have to offer and failing to adjust accordingly) and the players seem to think that they STILL can cutsy their way into the scorebook. Lindy needs to adjust and the players need to stop thinking like idiots and just start shooting the puck.

Actually Lindy was basically asked on TV last night if he was going to reinsert Stafford in the line up and he said no...

Buffalo is 1-4 since taking Drew out of the line up. If I am not mistaken was it Roy-Stafford-Vanek that was creating a lot of opportunities.

Actually Lindy was basically asked on TV last night if he was going to reinsert Stafford in the line up and he said no...

Buffalo is 1-4 since taking Drew out of the line up. If I am not mistaken was it Roy-Stafford-Vanek that was creating a lot of opportunities.

Doesn't matter. Sucks to see Stafford not get a shot even though he probably deserves one, but for what? Buffalo's gone after 5 games anyways.

Stafford got 8:55 of ice time, but it's hard to help produce when having so much time off then getting thrown back for so little time. He BETTER be on that roster next year permanently Buffalo will officially be my most hated NHL organization. Maybe (hopefully) they'll trade him during the offseason, because he is much better than Buffalo gave him credit for down the stretch.

Stafford got 8:55 of ice time, but it's hard to help produce when having so much time off then getting thrown back for so little time. He BETTER be on that roster next year permanently Buffalo will officially be my most hated NHL organization. Maybe (hopefully) they'll trade him during the offseason, because he is much better than Buffalo gave him credit for down the stretch.

it was his first season, he WONT be traded, he produced every game he played pretty much. with a team that good its hard for a rookie to come in and get a spot every night. he proved what he can do and he wont play another game in the AHL. he is their first round pick, hes not going anywhere....just how the nhl works sometimes...

He should be since Buffalo will not be able to keep all of their free agents.

Rumor has it that they may lose Danny Brier (sp) and a few others. Drury is also a free agent.

I predict that stafford will be a full time player next year.

it was his first season, he WONT be traded, he produced every game he played pretty much. with a team that good its hard for a rookie to come in and get a spot every night. he proved what he can do and he wont play another game in the AHL. he is their first round pick, hes not going anywhere....just how the nhl works sometimes...

:D

I think that is right.