SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Here's the video clip of last night's goal by Parise, assisted by Zajac. Notice the 4 Bluejackets in deep, in addition to the goaltender, yet "The Sioux Two" as the Devils announcer referred to them last night pick them apart.

Parise Goal (Zajac Assist)

Not only was it nice to see them get points, but that was just plain NICE.

One thing that I also noticed was how Parise, Zajac and even Rasmussen helped basically take the Blue Jackets (that's who is in this clip btw) into a chase mode.

What a spinning wraparound. WOW. Parise is, I guess, known as the "Magic Man" for that clip at least ;)

i'm going to post it in this thread, because i don't want hundreds of people using it... but for those who don't get a chance to watch some sioux alumni in the majors and want to:

go to: NHL Center Ice on Internet

it will show you a list of games that you can watch on the internet for free. the quality isn't spectacular (except for the ones on yahoo), but it's good enough that you can see the puck and easily follow the play. you're going to need at least dsl internet for the games to stream nicely, cable will be perfect.

there are two programs that you can download to watch. for the yahoo games, you don't need to download anything. there is a link to a forum on that page that will give you the yahoo link about 10 minutes before the game.

the two programs (sopcast, and tvuplayer) can both be downloaded from download.com, so they're safe. i checked for any spyware after i installed and there was none. it's a pretty sweet idea and i really like it because i get to watch at least one game a night. they tend to vary it up, so you'll get to see a lot of teams from around the league. they tend to play a lot of nj and pittsburgh games too, which i enjoy.

i'm going to post it in this thread, because i don't want hundreds of people using it... but for those who don't get a chance to watch some sioux alumni in the majors and want to:

go to: NHL Center Ice on Internet

it will show you a list of games that you can watch on the internet for free. the quality isn't spectacular (except for the ones on yahoo), but it's good enough that you can see the puck and easily follow the play. you're going to need at least dsl internet for the games to stream nicely, cable will be perfect.

there are two programs that you can download to watch. for the yahoo games, you don't need to download anything. there is a link to a forum on that page that will give you the yahoo link about 10 minutes before the game.

the two programs (sopcast, and tvuplayer) can both be downloaded from download.com, so they're safe. i checked for any spyware after i installed and there was none. it's a pretty sweet idea and i really like it because i get to watch at least one game a night. they tend to vary it up, so you'll get to see a lot of teams from around the league. they tend to play a lot of nj and pittsburgh games too, which i enjoy.

ok, you completely and totally rock! thank you so much for that link.

i think the major reason he's gotten so much playing time is because of injuries. i wouldn't be surprised if they sent him back down. when he is a restricted free agent, malkin is the same year, so that could cause some financial problems. in a week, i'd doubt you will see staal playing as many minutes as he did, because a majority of pitt's players will be back from injury. if you're playing for this year, keep him on the team. if you're running the team as a business, send him back down.

Staal is staying with the Pens.

From the Pittsburg Pens Site.

PITTSBURGH (AP) -Jordan Staal didn't give the Pittsburgh Penguins any reason to send him back to his junior team. Their 6-3 record - or six more wins than they had this time last year - suggests they would be a much weaker team without him.

Staal, the 18-year-old center who has been one of the surprise stars of the early NHL season, will stay with the Penguins only four-plus months since being the No. 2 draft pick.

no he doesnt.....Mike has 20, Craig McDonald has 23, and Vladimir Hartinger has 25. just an fyi....but great for mike to get 2 points....his first 2 of the season

I guess he got passed last night because he was the previous penalty leader with 18 minutes. I guess he concentrated on offence.

I guess he got passed last night because he was the previous penalty leader with 18 minutes. I guess he concentrated on offence.

which is great that he concentrated more on offense....he IS a forward, NOT a D-Man. I expect D-Men to be the ones in the box and forwards being the scorers. as long as he does his job and is productive though, im sure he'll go far with the Scorpions.

Pretty impressive that Zajac made the Devils as a rookie like that. I doubt he will see the minors anytime soon. Man what he would have done for this year's Sioux team.

i think he would have done the same as the last 2 years. i think he needed to move on to develop more and obviously he is doing the right things. great for him.

i think he would have done the same as the last 2 years. i think he needed to move on to develop more and obviously he is doing the right things. great for him.

and that would not have made a big difference on this year's team?

getting to watch parise and zajac on the same line has been pretty awesome. you can tell they both have a little "UND" still in them. they tend to cycle the puck a lot and it looks like they're a member of the fighting sioux out there. imagine if they had a 3rd UND kid on that line. they'd just tire teams out from a constant cycle like blais' teams used to do.

and that would not have made a big difference on this year's team?

never said that at all. just sharing a thought on him, thats all. same as spirko, stafford ect......

of course he would be great on this years team as would others on many wcha teams but i guess that wasnt my point.

and again, if you check. Zpar goal with TZajac assist! Keep it going boys.

Blake now has a goal as well. Great night for Sioux alum in this game.

EDIT: Announcer during the 2nd intermission interviewing Parise. "The North Dakota duo gets it done again." Parise comments that chemistry is just working out well for them so far.

Not our former player, but Kessel missed a shot in OT bigger than snot to win the game. The Sabres went on to win in a SO. :whistling:

thats why he isnt OUR former player...an EX-UND player would have burried that goal.....way to go Bruins on blowing a nice large lead and letting the almost flawless Sabres get another 2 points

Travis Zajac takes a stick to the face early in the Devils/Canadians game today. He's out for right now. Not sure how bad of injury was. Travis struggled to get off the ice, but it appeared the stick got him around the mouth area.

EDIT: Zajac returned at the beginning of the 3rd period. The stick hit him right below the left eye and he had to get some stitches to make him look more like a hockey player.