SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

parise took a stick to the face tonight. he lost at least one tooth, looked like a couple others got chipped, but he was out there the next shift.

Saw it. He lost 2 teeth. Not a good night for him or the Devils.

At times, they looked like the Sioux last Friday with bad passing and the complete inability to set up in the offensive zone.

However, I saw 3 of Pittsburgh's 4 goals (Crosby's, Staal's, and Malkin's). Malkin's shot was unbelieveable. WOW. Staal's goal was simply leaving Staal open and abandoning Brodeur. Crosby's goal was simply a good play. Nevertheless, Lukowich decided to make a play at the puck while Malkin had it. Malkin just switched from backhand to forehand, juked to his forehand side, moved the puck around Brodeur to his backhand and buried it. The Devils need David Hale. If Hale were in Lukowich's spot Malkin would have been tasting the ice.

Didn't see Gomez's goal, but Brylin's goal can be classified in one word: Fluke.

bochenski called back up to the show in chicago

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/transactions

Recalled goaltender Sebastien Caron, center Dave Bolland and right wing Michael Blunden from Norfolk of the American Hockey League; assigned right wing Brandon Bochenski to Norfolk.

You might want to check your glasses looks like he got sent down.

However, I saw 3 of Pittsburgh's 4 goals (Crosby's, Staal's, and Malkin's). Malkin's shot was unbelieveable. WOW. Staal's goal was simply leaving Staal open and abandoning Brodeur. Crosby's goal was simply a good play.

I can't believe that Pittsburg is considering sending Staal back to Jr's. I think after his decent start he isn't going to want to go back to Junior hockey.

I can't believe that Pittsburg is considering sending Staal back to Jr's. I think after his decent start he isn't going to want to go back to Junior hockey.

i think the major reason he's gotten so much playing time is because of injuries. i wouldn't be surprised if they sent him back down. when he is a restricted free agent, malkin is the same year, so that could cause some financial problems. in a week, i'd doubt you will see staal playing as many minutes as he did, because a majority of pitt's players will be back from injury. if you're playing for this year, keep him on the team. if you're running the team as a business, send him back down.

i think the major reason he's gotten so much playing time is because of injuries. i wouldn't be surprised if they sent him back down. when he is a restricted free agent, malkin is the same year, so that could cause some financial problems. in a week, i'd doubt you will see staal playing as many minutes as he did, because a majority of pitt's players will be back from injury. if you're playing for this year, keep him on the team. if you're running the team as a business, send him back down.

Good point I never thought of that. I suppose they can always bring him back for the playoffs if they need him.

belfour gets a win tonight

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=261025013

commodore with a assist in win

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=261025007

matt greene in action

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=261025025

bochenski sent back down

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Recalled goaltender Sebastien Caron, center Dave Bolland and right wing Michael Blunden from Norfolk of the American Hockey League; assigned right wing Brandon Bochenski to Norfolk.

Parise was second star of the game tonight with his powerplay goal being the eventual game winner

I think it is kind of interesting watching NJ (Although not a fan, I haven't gotten to that stage yet as a Bruins fan) play with all of the ex-college hockey players. Its unbelievable. Lou really is one heck of a GM.

Looks like Zajac might be staying the line, that doesn't make his defection as tough to take because at least he is playing in the big time.

I might have missed this, but Zach lost 2 teeth in the game Tuesday against Pittsburgh. Apparently its the first time he has had any dental work in his hockey career. Its never good to loose teeth, but if those are his first, hopefully he can go another 23 years before his looses anymore.

See Post #1778 and #1779 on this thread.

Don't worry about it though. It looked REALLY bad. I saw the hit, so to speak. He took a stick blade in the mouth. I THINK it was Penguins defenseman Noah Welch who got him. He got a double minor for it. Of course, the Devils didn't convert. They really didn't look good that game at all.

matt jones with his first career goal in the first period against the rangers tonight.

other sioux scoring so far tonight:

parise (goal)

zajac (assist)

blake (goal/assist)

and belfour lost in a shootout against nyi, 4-3.

looks like bayda got sent back down just a couple days after scoring his first goal of the year for carolina.

Parise was the first star of the game tonight with another game winning goal and Zajac was the third star with an assist. The two combined to score the only goal of the game, as Brodeur put up another shutout.

Teeth or no teeth, that boy is good!

Zach Parise and Bryan Lundbohm (I THINK.. well he's the only guy I know who is a former Fighting Sioux that plays forward for the Houston Aeros at the present time) were on Faceoff with Bernie Burggraff this morning.

Burggraff sure knows a LOT about hockey. Too bad he doesnt know a lot about hosting a radio talk show. 1 minute of Bernie for every 30 seconds of interviewee. Sad. He did do a good job of leading John Mayasich into speaking Bernie's opinions on college hockey players and their NHL rights.

Second tangent: John Mayasich and Bernie Burggraff would love to see NHL teams compensate the universities in some way (and their draftees as well) by spending money on the athletic scholarships they are going to college on. Isn't that a treat? Could anyone see that happening?

Reality setting in means Bernie and John endorse Major Juniors, because there's NO WAY IN THIS GREEN EARTH the NHL would "buy" into that! Sorry John, Bernie, but I'll make my Zajacs, Parises, and even Vaneks and Kessels any day of the week. If you don't like that, then John, Bernie, tune in this next weekend where you can watch the CHA (Don't watch Bemidji though! They have players who have been drafted!), AHA, certain ECACHL, CCHA, and HEA teams, and perhaps (though not likely) MTU. They'll play your style of hockey. I like what these star players add to the college game and I think to suggest such crap you have to be really behind the times!

Again, my opinion.

The play of both Parise and Zajac for the Devils has been outstanding this year. Zach has really showed confidence the entire year, and has put up the numbers to show for it. Even in games he hasn't scored in, he has had some quality chances....I can think of a move he put on Toronto in OT to almost win the game, it was sweet.

Travis has yet to look like he doesn't belong out there, even the smallest bit. I think the Devils are most surprised with his work in the defensive zone. We all know Lou is high on playing both ends of the ice, and Zajac has really been solid on both ends. It is early on, and he will still have a few bumps in the road, but if he continues to play hard and be solid in the D zone, I don't see him going down this year.

It is a lot of fun watching him and Zach on the same line right now. Plus, it really gives the announcers plenty of reason to talk about the Fighting Sioux. Gotta love it when Emrick constantly refers to them as that, has to just bite the NCAA in the rear ;)

Too bad the Sabres are kicking butt like they are and getting production in some way, shape or form from everyone in the lineup, makes it hard to bring up Drew and give him a shot to see what he can do.