SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I can't imagine those guys got much of a deal as far as money goes if NJ was in suck dire straights for cap room.

Actually, The Devils moved Vladimir Malakhov to San Jose on Sunday and got an exception for Alexander Mogilny's salary (long-term injured reserve) and freed up over $7 million in cap space.

Don't forget they have two dirty gophers too, their roster looks like a college all-American reunion roster.

I wouldn't go so far as to refer to Pauly Martin as a "dirty gopher". Yeah, he wore the "M", but he's a heckuva hockey player, and a pretty decent young man.

I wouldn't go so far as to refer to Pauly Martin as a "dirty gopher". Yeah, he wore the "M", but he's a heckuva hockey player, and a pretty decent young man.

i think he was just having fun saying that. probably not referring that he is a dirty human being or player ???

3 clean sioux players playing with 2 dirty gophers in martin and tallakson if he gets called up :lol:

Had Mother Theresa suited up for the wrong team she would have been referred to as a "dirty Gopher" too.

Zach Parise gets a deflection to score the first goal for the Devils this season. Zajac looked good his first shift. Commodore taking penalties again! :glare: Have to love seeing so many Sioux players in one game.

EDIT: David Hale not playing tonight after taking a puck in the face earlier this week in practice. He's a healthy scratch, so he shouldn't be out too long.

i think he was just having fun saying that. probably not referring that he is a dirty human being or player :glare:

3 clean sioux players playing with 2 dirty gophers in martin and tallakson if he gets called up :0

Your correct sir, just having some fun. :ohmy:

That's something that is long overdue, but even if and when it comes to that point I won't be satisfied. I would still like to see the NHL go one more step and make it a full shield or cage like in NCAA hockey. That prevents any potential injuries to the eyes, nose, or mouth.

The problem is going to be convincing these guys to wear the visors. Also, I believe the NHLPA might have a hand in wether they wear them or not. This has been discussed yearly. Maybe something comes out of it this season.

ZPar scored another one in the second. Not bad for the season opener.

Have to give better recaps than that! A SPECTACULAR goal as he is covered by a Carolina player, Zach hits one out of mid-air past Cam Ward. May have to add that one to my highlights reel!

Have to give better recaps than that! A SPECTACULAR goal as he is covered by a Carolina player, Zach hits one out of mid-air past Cam Ward. May have to add that one to my highlights reel!

My most humble apologies, hockey isn't actually on tv down here in Nebraska, so I was just going from the espn score sheet. Please post a link for the shot if you have one. :glare: