SiouxSports.com Forum

Ticket Prices

ascbcb

the only single game tickets at the ralph should just be upper deck seats to by online or so but if you check the ticket forum here during the seaosn there are always tickets to buy from season ticket holders. not sure on the prices though

if you search a little at theralph.com you will find this info, not sure if this is last years or this years and im not sure when single game tix go on sale for the sioux

Men

the only single game tickets at the ralph should just be upper deck seats to by online or so but if you check the ticket forum here during the seaosn there are always tickets to buy from season ticket holders. not sure on the prices though

if you search a little at theralph.com you will find this info, not sure if this is last years or this years and im not sure when single game tix go on sale for the sioux

Men

Ohh, okay, thanks.

So that's for upper deck seats?

Does that mean you can't buy lower level seats?

there wont be any lower level seats to buy unless its over a holiday weekend when the student tickets down low open up that week to buy. if you ant lower level seats just check this website in the ticket forum when the season starts, every week there are some lowers or sale here

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showforum=14

Men

I remember it the same way you do. Jacking the price up from $23 to $28 for the more high profile opponents is acceptable, jacking the price up from $25 to $40 is not. GREED!!! :lol:

I couldn't agree more.

So by the time that you end up paying 3 or 4 different fees and charges, it'd be $100 for my wife and I to ever see a MN game.

$40 is a joke. That's got to be the highest price in college hockey. And yet, I'm sure they will sell the tickets no problem. But to put it in perspective, I just bought tickets for Game 1 of the NLCS for $45. At some point you wonder when people will say enough is enough. And I guess for me this is the year. I can still enjoy it on TV and will just try to hit some other games and make a few road trips.

Perhaps they are thinking that many people aren't buying season tickets because they can get single game tickets reasonably and can buy the less popular series on the cheap out front or online. They might be jacking them up to try get people to buy season tickets rather than pick and choose cheap ticket series. Like someone said, they will sell anyway, so it is a matter of supply and demand. With the move to D1 in other sports, they will be looking for every opportunity to pick up some extra money.

I remember it the same way you do. Jacking the price up from $23 to $28 for the more high profile opponents is acceptable, jacking the price up from $25 to $40 is not. GREED!!! :lol:

I am beyond pissed about the price increase. At first I thought it was just for the Minnesota series. Then I found out it was for Wisco and DU too, and DU is the only series my parents and sister can make it up to GF for, so there goes $120 bucks! Ridic! And just for a single game! Not to mention my disdain for the ticket price increases for student season tickets.... i won't even go there.

If you're truly mad about the ticket prices then don't buy them. They raise prices because they know people will buy them.

Or better yet, go to the more affordable games. The problem is that people all want to go to only the great games, then complain at the demand-driven prices. My answer for cheaper ticket prices is buy a season ticket or go to the cheaper games.

Or better yet, go to the more affordable games. The problem is that people all want to go to only the great games, then complain at the demand-driven prices. My answer for cheaper ticket prices is buy a season ticket or go to the cheaper games.

Exactly! Although I'm not complaining, 40 a game would be less than I ended up paying for the Gopher series last year. Anyone know how many you can buy at once?

If you're truly mad about the ticket prices then don't buy them. They raise prices because they know people will buy them.

I think he realizes that gopherz. I believe he is saying he understands the product is worth more than say the Anchorage series. However, they are gouging because people will pay it.

Unfortunately, raising the prices prevents some people from sharing the rivalry with their kids. That hurts everyone in the long haul. An 8 year old boy shouldn't have to miss out on a Gopher/UND series with his dad because it is cheaper to take him to both the Mankato and the Anchorage series. I am lucky and don't have to worry about the extra coin. I still feel for the people who can't eat $80 just for tickets to one night of the series.

A 28 year old boy shouldn't have to miss out on a Gopher/UND series with his wife because it is cheaper to take her to both the Mankato and the Anchorage series.

That's what I'm saying! :lol:

I have yet to see a UND-MN game. The one time I had tickets, I hit black ice driving over from Bemidji and totaled the car. :lol:

People who are obnoxiously wealthy will still buy them, I know. That's what ruins it for all of us regular people.

How does that ruin anything? People that want to go are still going to buy them, just having to sacrifice something else. And family of 5? Get a babysitter and go with your wife or something, much cheaper :lol:

We are going to try to get 8 tickets per night so anyone who doesn't feel like cheering for the Sioux can buy them :lol:

Maybe... I'm trying to do something nice for my hard-working sioux fan parents that want to go to a game this season and live four hours away in lame gopher country and the ONLY time they can come is during one of the "premium" weekends. I'm a little perturbed about prices, but I've been waiting for hockey season to start for how many days now and I have enough money, so you can beat your rear end I'll be there!

How does that ruin anything? By the prices being increased of course. Let's say for the sake of comparison that Pepsi decides to charge $5 for a bottle of pop that used to be $1.39. If people stop buying it they'll bring the price back down to where it used to be when it was selling. If we're dumb enough to pay $5 for it just because we have the $5 to blow, then the price is going to stay there.

The same concept can be applied to ticket prices. If people are willing to pay $40 for a product that in reality is probably worth $20, then the price is going to stay at $40 (ruining it for people who choose not to throw their money around like drunken sailers).

That would be mean for mom and dad to go to the game and leave the kids at home. I'm a better parent than that. If we can't all go together then nobody goes. We'll stay home and watch the game on TV... together... as a family.

I would disagree that the product is worth $20. It is worth much more than pro hockey, especially the atmosphere of the Sioux/gopher series, which is why everyone wants to go. If anyone should be upset, it is the people that have been going for years and now don't have access to get tickets. I went to the series in Minneapolis every year, until it became a matter of what FSC club you were in. If you sincerely believe that the product is only worth $20, then you shouldn't be that upset that you can't get tickets. I think you could sell 15,000 tickets to people who would dish out $40 and I hardly think most of them would be considered wealthy.

How does that ruin anything? People that want to go are still going to buy them, just having to sacrifice something else. And family of 5? Get a babysitter and go with your wife or something, much cheaper ;)

We are going to try to get 8 tickets per night so anyone who doesn't feel like cheering for the Sioux can buy them :)

Having a babysitter doesn't save all that much money.

But really is the price premium of $15 really that bad considering the experience. If anything the $25 to see Anchorage is more of a gouge, at least if the market is to judge.

And a lot of Gofer phans buy the expensive tickets which doesn't make me feel bad at all.

What is the combined cost of the FSC membership plus the season ticket?

It's all variable depending on where you wanna sit. I have 4 lower bowl tickets and am required to "donate" $1100 a year for the privilage of buying my tickets for $325 per season ticket, plus the cost of 1st round playoff tickets, and a small processing fee, the total for everything comes to just under $2500. If you do the math you would be paying a bit under $30/per ticket. If you want less tickets you can donate as little as $660 to get 2 in the lower bowl, and as little as $110 for 2 in the upper bowl. I have never had problems getting rid of tickets to games I can't make and as ticket prices continue to rise for individual tickets, it's nice that season ticket prices have not risen in 2 years now.

How does that ruin anything? By the prices being increased of course. Let's say for the sake of comparison that Pepsi decides to charge $5 for a bottle of pop that used to be $1.39. If people stop buying it they'll bring the price back down to where it used to be when it was selling. If we're dumb enough to pay $5 for it just because we have the $5 to blow, then the price is going to stay there.

The same concept can be applied to ticket prices. If people are willing to pay $40 for a product that in reality is probably worth $20, then the price is going to stay at $40 (ruining it for people who choose not to throw their money around like drunken sailers).

That would be mean for mom and dad to go to the game and leave the kids at home. I'm a better parent than that. If we can't all go together then nobody goes. We'll stay home and watch the game on TV... together... as a family.

It may "ruin" something for you but the school is making more money so why not do it on their behalf? Do you think they owe you something or what? If I'm them I'm doing the same thing, especially for the Gophers. When tickets stop selling out in 5 minutes for that series then maybe the price will drop but until then it might as well keep rising. The Pepsi example is awful, you just assumed a 350 or so percent increase, which is just ridiculous. Another problem with that is that Coke wouldn't follow and it wouldn't be comparable with other food prices so that argument makes absolutely no sense because of the product example. When you're talking Gopher/Sioux, it's not because you have money to blow as you say, it's because they are arguably the best hockey games of the year, pro or college, great rivalry, great fans for both sides, totally worth the 40 dollars. As for throwing around money like drunken sailors, how about instead of complaining you think of a better alternative. Like dont get ripped off for AA or Michigan Tech (Not worth more than 20 bucks as you say), and take that extra money and spend it on a game against the Gophers or Badgers.