SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on satellite?

northfieldsioux22

So for us newbies on the whole satellite thing, 15 minutes before puck drop I should power scan 91w and I will get the game?

Right! They play songs for the first 10-15 mins before the game, always cool to tune in eary. Watch out for the Green Sioux Clown!!

• Downvote 1

anyone know if the Ice Breaker will be on any channel on DishNetwork?

Best chance is on 434, NESN. Unfortunately the online schedule runs just through Oct 9 (directtv's through the 7th), so, maybe in a few days we'll know. The Bruins don't play on the 10th so chances are good the Sioux/BU game could be on; the Bruins do, however, play on the 11th so the Sioiux/UMass will not likely be on.

anyone know if the Ice Breaker will be on any channel on DishNetwork?

doesnt look like it. Just checked a couple spots and NESN has other programming past 7:00 Central time (the guide stops at 8:00) and the game starts at 6:30

edit: nope..not according to schedule NESN isnt carrying it

http://www.nesn.com/content/college/ctvschedule.aspx

• Upvote 1

Well today I pulled the trigger!@!@!

Ordered a motorized traxis system from VisionPlus!

No more little window or grainy PC views of FSSN

Yeeeeeeeeeahhh baby!!!

I have no idea how to set it up though :silly:

One things is for sure we will help you every bit of the way!

I suggest starting a new post (Here or) on the VisionPlus.US satellite forum. Give us your zip code and we will give you ALL the angles needed to point the dish at your true south satellite. After that using USALS all the other satellites will also be lined up! We will also supply you with a LIVE transponder to look at while pointing the dish. You will be watching for signal QUALITY only.

--------

I have had a lot of contact from fans asking me to pop by and re-point their dish, so I made the below video to try to save them the hassle/$ I know a lot have mentioned they will be doing it this weekend, I hope it helps a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sb2F1YIbvg

GO SIOUX

PS. yababy8 I went ahead and started a thread about your setup, I have already entered all the angles needed and a live transponder on your true south satellite...........

http://visionplus.us/smf/index.php?topic=5182.msg12734#new

• Downvote 1

One things is for sure we will help you every bit of the way!

I suggest starting a new post (Here or) on the VisionPlus.US satellite forum. Give us your zip code and we will give you ALL the angles needed to point the dish at your true south satellite. After that using USALS all the other satellites will also be lined up! We will also supply you with a LIVE transponder to look at while pointing the dish. You will be watching for signal QUALITY only.

--------

I have had a lot of contact from fans asking me to pop by and re-point their dish, so I made the below video to try to save them the hassle/$ I know a lot have mentioned they will be doing it this weekend, I hope it helps a few.

GO SIOUX

PS. yababy8 I went ahead and started a thread about your setup, I have already entered all the angles needed and a live transponder on your true south satellite...........

http://visionplus.us/smf/index.php?topic=5182.msg12734#new

Pete,

You da' man!! I watched the video and it didn't look too bad so I enlisted the help of my 5 year old to watch the quality on the Satellite menu while I adjusted the dish...just a fraction to the left and there it was...so for those of you who living in the Western metro area who may be "challenged" when it comes to this type of stuff, there is hope...Thanks again Pete!!

Just saw this posted on another site, can anyone confirm it?

09/23/08 at 12:29 PM #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of Noon Eastern, the Fighting Soiux Sports Network (FSSN) is up and testing at:

G17(G11/GB)

Ku Band

FR 12187

SR 4880

VPID 481

APID 482

VERTICAL

This test ended at 12:30pm Eastern. There will be another test peroid today from 1:30pm to 2pm Eastern.

That is the sat and tp where the FSSN scanned in on test day; a very strong signal, so would guess this will be its new home.

Just saw this posted on another site, can anyone confirm it?

09/23/08 at 12:29 PM #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of Noon Eastern, the Fighting Soiux Sports Network (FSSN) is up and testing at:

G17(G11/GB)

Ku Band

FR 12187

SR 4880

VPID 481

APID 482

VERTICAL

This test ended at 12:30pm Eastern. There will be another test peroid today from 1:30pm to 2pm Eastern.

Pete is da man for anyone in need of a Sioux satellite set in the metro area.

Prompt, courteous, professional service. Especially nice when dealing with

tech challenged boneheads like me.

Give him a holler and get your setup now. You will not be disappointed.

Definitely, and if you don't live in the TC area, with online help from Pete you can get it done.

Thanks guys, ABOVE all I am a SIOUX fan (who never misses a home game). Who just happens to be a LICENSED satellite technician :lol:

GLAD to help and save some fans a $ or two, better spent on liquid refreshments during the games :)

CHEERS!

here is the link again for moving a fixed dish from one satellite to another.............

And this video should help with folks setting up a Motorized system..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXjenK25aC8

GO SIOUX!

• Downvote 1

Thanks guys, ABOVE all I am a SIOUX fan (who never misses a home game). Who just happens to be a LICENSED satellite technician :lol:

GLAD to help and save some fans a $ or two, better spent on liquid refreshments during the games :)

CHEERS!

here is the link again for moving a fixed dish from one satellite to another.............

And this video should help with folks setting up a Motorized system..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXjenK25aC8

GO SIOUX!

Nice video...THANK YOU!!!!

Is there a 24-7 signal on the new sat? If so, what's the frequency information on it?

Nice video...THANK YOU!!!!

Is there a 24-7 signal on the new sat? If so, what's the frequency information on it?

The frequency is listed above in a prior post, but there is not a 24/7 signal; won't be up again until just before game time next Sunday.

Edit: Whoops, think I misunderstood your question. The Sioux tp isn't powered (which you already know), Pete has listed a tp for pointing.

Pete,

You da' man!! I watched the video and it didn't look too bad so I enlisted the help of my 5 year old to watch the quality on the Satellite menu while I adjusted the dish...just a fraction to the left and there it was...so for those of you who living in the Western metro area who may be "challenged" when it comes to this type of stuff, there is hope...Thanks again Pete!!

Pete is da' man! I bought a motorized Traxis system from him and with his help along with a person who installs satellite (Dish Network) in my area (since I don't have a clue) was able to get the system up and running just in time for some Sioux hockey. Pete is great about getting back to you right away to help you with any questions and I would recommend him to anyone buying a system. Thanks PSB! You are AWESOME!!!!!

For pointing your dish there is a 24/7 signal.......

FREQ. 12060

POL. V

SR. 26700

It's also mentioned to the right of the video if you click on MORE INFO

I pointed my dish to the new satellite and get a signal at the specs you provided but it only is sound. There is no picture. Should there be a picture and any idea why I would not see it??

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pointed my dish to the new satellite and get a signal at the specs you provided but it only is sound. There is no picture. Should there be a picture and any idea why I would not see it??

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds right, there are channels there with sound only; there are also scrambled channels on the sat with sound only.

As Sprig says, that seems normal, just looking at that transponder now and there is a weak signal with colored TEST screen!

If in doubt just before you start pointing the dish ask here or on the VisionPlus.US satellite forum for someone to confirm signal / Picture!

Just rescanned that tp and found no live channels, just scrambled channels with sound and a test screen with tone; good quality though, in the 70s on the traxis, so should be good to go for pointing.

I am up to 71% quality down here in Texas after messing with it some more. It will be interesting come the Manitoba game. I am sure there will be some fine tuning that needs to be done.

Can't say enough about Pete and Sprig. Thanks again for all your help!

I am up to 71% quality down here in Texas after messing with it some more. It will be interesting come the Manitoba game. I am sure there will be some fine tuning that needs to be done.

Can't say enough about Pete and Sprig. Thanks again for all your help!

I got FoxNews NYSNB with some very pretty blonde waiting to do a remote

is this the wrong satellite?