SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Oshie Sports Celebrity Golf Tournament In Grand Forks, ND

Yttrium

For Immediate Press Release

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grand Forks, North Dakota: Oshie Sports & Entertainment is proud to announce the 2008 Oshie Sports "For Kids Sake" Celebrity Golf Tournament / Reception & Auction to be held on July 30-31, 2008, in Grand Forks, ND.

"Meet The Celebrities" will take place on Wednesday night at a site to be determined.

The 2008 Oshie Sports "For Kids Sake" Celebrity Golf Tournament will follow on Thursday, July 31, 2008, beginning at 12:30 p.m., at the Kings Walk Golf Course in Grand Forks.

The event will attract golfers from across the greater 5-State Upper Midwest region along with our Canadian neighbors to the north. Each five some will include a celebrity figure within the sports and entertainment field.

Cost per team is $500.00 which includes four members. Individuals are also accepted at $150.00 per golfer in which the tournament will place in the field.

"It will be a first-class event featuring athletes from the National Hockey League and other professionals in the sports and entertainment field. It's exciting to host this event in Grand Forks, ND, and produce an event for charities in the community that has been so gracious to T.J. these past three years," Director Timothy Oshie announced.

Regional Event Partnerships are being sought for this special event. Please contact Timothy Oshie at the credentials located below.

If you'd like to have information please contact Oshie at oshiesports@gmail.com or 701-330-0883.

The order in which teams register will also be vital to the selection of the team's Celebrity figure. Oshie Sports Celebrity Golf Tournament will take up to 36-40 teams maximum and the order of payment by the respective teams will be much like a draft process. The Celebrity List will be available after May 25, 2008, and the teams then may choose the Celebrity for their respective five-some. Each team will select a TEAM NAME for the Oshie Sports Celebrity Golf Tournament.

Here are the URL's for the King's Walk Golf Course and Oshie Sports Golf Blog Site:

King's Walk Golf Course: http://www.kingswalk.org/index.php

Tournament Blog Site: http://oshiecelebritygolf2008.blogspot.com/

Proceeds from this event will benefit the Grand Forks and East Grand Forks Youth Hockey Blueline Clubs and the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Men's hockey program.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to play last summer in this but was in China. I think I'll try to sign up for it this year since I'll be around.

I am considering it myself but it is right during the time I am working the over night shift.

Sleep is necessary. :D

I wanted to play last summer in this but was in China. I think I'll try to sign up for it this year since I'll be around.

Did you have to sign a waiver in order to visit China or can you speak to what you saw while you were there in honest terms? Sorry, Olympic reference there. :D

This just in: What do you call the Chinese version of the Yakuza (the Japanese Mafia)?

A: The Chinese Government.

Not funny really... only because it's true.

Good Luck with your tournament. If I was any sort of a golfer (other than just plain bad :D )I'd give it a whirl.

I did rip the flag off of the 75 yard marker at a driving range once. That was my best shot...EVER. :D

At the Moorhead Country Club (The Meadows) driving range, I managed to nearly hit the 75 yard marker... with the head of my driver. Obviously, not the best shot ever. :)

What makes it worse was... it was in front of the golf pro. He didn't know how to take it. He obviously wanted to laugh, but managed to hold his tongue (it was a brand name driver - Nike). I laughed because of how far it went. I never was angry but I went home pretty depressed. It was the nicest piece of sports equipment I've ever owned. I replaced my driver, but with a knockoff. I got the driver as a gift. It was a clear message that I can never have anything that nice. ;)

(Hey Goon, mikeypat -- Wish to reconsider the golf thing? ;)

At the Moorhead Country Club (The Meadows) driving range, I managed to nearly hit the 75 yard marker... with the head of my driver. Obviously, not the best shot ever. :D

(Hey Goon, mikeypat -- Wish to reconsider the golf thing? :D

I see what your problem is, I would say meet me at the Meadows and you would show up at the Moorhead country club. LOL...

Actually the meadows is a nice track. It's good course wide open little if any trees.

I don't I do not play very good golf. I am in mens league and I am a "D" so that makes me not very good.

Did you have to sign a waiver in order to visit China or can you speak to what you saw while you were there in honest terms? Sorry, Olympic reference there. :D

This just in: What do you call the Chinese version of the Yakuza (the Japanese Mafia)?

A: The Chinese Government.

Not funny really... only because it's true.

The home church I attended while there was shut down by the police the week after I left to travel to the NE part of China. It was interesting to see the censorship on the internet there. Doing a google search in China and in the USA, you come up with some big differences, ie Tiananmen Square. I was however able to check this website while there so I was thankful!

On an interesting note: When my wife and I were on a train up near her home town which is close to Russia we were in the same train car as a group traveling from Russia. The Russians had a Chinese guide which spoke Russian and Chinese. I wanted to see if the Russians were hockey fans so in English I asked my wife to ask the guide in Chinese who translated it to Russian if they were hockey fans. It was really fun because they were and of course they had to talk about the Olympic success of their program. It made the 12 hour ride more fun to talk with them but I think the guide was bored with the conversation!

I see what your problem is, I would say meet me at the Meadows and you would show up at the Moorhead country club. LOL...

Actually the meadows is a nice track. It's good course wide open little if any trees.

I don't I do not play very good golf. I am in mens league and I am a "D" so that makes me not very good.

My gaff there. I meant the Meadows all along.

Anyways, I'm not in a league because they'd have to invent a new letter grade for me. I think I'd be around a "Q." I'd be worse if my chipping wasn't halfway as decent as it is. I don't seem to have trouble getting it onto the green from pitching or sand wedge distance. Everything else sucks. :D

All of this "D" and "Q" play (I think I'd be in the "Q" range too), I'm sure is making Tim Oshie REALLY want us in this tournament!

I can see him now. "Hurry and fill up tournament slots. Please please please please please". :D

Either that or they'll post a sign on the driving range and all holes surrounding it that says:

"Watch out for flying club shrapnel"

Or perhaps:

"Not responsible for the play of "D" or "Q" rated golfers"

:D

Chris Porter, Coach Osh, and I (along with a couple Warroad guys) won it last year...right coach! :D

I don't know who yet Tim, but I think I'm getting a whole new team together since it's in GF.

Big A Hug ... the Wisconsin Kid. How could I forget the memories of Hockeytown USA Celeb Golf Tourney.

Get your team registered and get into the draft for the Celebrity of your choice.