SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross jerseys

forecheck

I got this email from the woman at Holy Cross who sold Sioux fans game worn jerseys last year, so I figured I would pass it along. If you're interested, let me know.

Hi Nicole! Sorry for the blast from the past. Not even sure if you are still at this address, maybe you have graduated??? I have a far-fetched question...might you know of anyone out there that may still be interested in some Holy Cross hockey game jerseys? I have home and aways up for sale and thought to ask you first since we did so well a few years ago.

Let me know if you get a free moment.

Thanks and hope all is well.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do of course realize that BC isn't funny because they were just as good or better than UND.

If you had only lost to them once it wouldn't be funny. But three years in a row IS hilarious. In fact I bet a Sioux fan right now gets much more upset when hearing the words Boston College than a Gopher fan does when hearing Holy Cross.

If you had only lost to them once it wouldn't be funny. But three years in a row IS hilarious. In fact I bet a Sioux fan right now gets much more upset when hearing the words Boston College than a Gopher fan does when hearing Holy Cross.

10 years from now our losses will still just be losses.

Your loss may still be the biggest upset in college hockey history.

And the fact that the last one made it look like it was the Montreal Canadiens playing Thief River Falls High School.

And the fact that the last one made it look like it was the Montreal Canadiens playing Thief River Falls High School.

And what time did the Goofys play at the F4 in 2006? Some make it to the big dance and some stay home to make out with their first cousins. :glare:

The crowd noise still gives me goosebumps, the announcer says it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1_x1oo35L0

10 years from now our losses will still just be losses.

Your loss may still be the biggest upset in college hockey history.

I would think it is.

That implies that Minnesota is THE team in college hockey! Doesn't mean much unless you beat the best...right?

Boston College is today...

I dont see anything wrong with giving grief about the loss. To purchase another teams jersey because they beat a rival? :glare: Have to go, I am getting #9 Gerbe on my BC jersey for my trip January 9th and 10th.

I dont see anything wrong with giving grief about the loss. To purchase another teams jersey because they beat a rival? :glare: Have to go, I am getting #9 Gerbe on my BC jersey for my trip January 9th and 10th.

Not everyone is wanting a HC jersey just because they beat the Gophers. That game was one of the absolute greatest hockey games I have ever watched in my life. It proved that "hard work beats skill when skill doesn't work hard" (don't remember who said that)

I made some great friends from the HC hockey team and in the radio announcers because of them coming to Grand Forks, and I still follow up with them to see how they're doing. I also keep up with their team as much as I can. The boys from that year are some of the greatest guys and they worked hard to make it to playoffs and beat any team. That is quite the accomplishment.

I have nothing against BC. They have a great and well-respected college hockey program.

I would think it is.

That implies that Minnesota is THE team in college hockey! Doesn't mean much unless you beat the best...right?

Boston College is today...

Looks like I'll be able to find you quite easily up there :0

Awesome.

Looks like I'll be able to find you quite easily up there :D

Awesome.

Only time I wore the HC jersey is when the Sioux didn't play and the Goofs did in 2007. When MY team plays, I wear a Fighting Sioux game worn jersey!! :D

Only time I wore the HC jersey is when the Sioux didn't play and the Goofs did in 2007. When MY team plays, I wear a Fighting Sioux game worn jersey!! :D

Well hopefully I can pick you out at that series in January if you go too...can't be any worse than the people I sat near on Friday this year who insisted on it being quiet since they brought their kid who didn't like loud noises...bad idea to bring your kids to a Gopher/Sioux game if they don't like loud noises :D

But in all seriousness, I hope to see most all of you in Grand Forks that weekend, I'll be there for sure.

And just FYI, I'm not trying to stir up old sh*t for a Gopher bashing thread. I got an email today and am passing it along to anyone interested. I'll find out about prices and pictures. If I remember right, we only purchased the away jerseys a couple years ago, which didn't have players' names on them. I thought home jerseys had names, but she doesn't think any of them do. I'll clarify.

She sent me another email and this is what they have. I asked her if they had pictures and how much they're asking. I'll post as I hear from her.

15 game-worn whites that they wore from the 05-06 season through the 07-08 season and 30 game-worn purples that they wore from the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons

I just talked to Coach and he is putting together a list of the colors, numbers and sizes. I will send it along as soon as I get it.