SiouxSports.com Forum

Once again....?

The Walrus

I was really reminded of the Panzers and Hoogsteens. I was amazed how guickly BC was able to get up ice. I think a good, physical game is the only way to slow down BC. Not the "clutch and grabass" nonsense, but a strong checking in both zones. BC, as usual, is generally a smaller team, and we can use that along the boards and the open ice.

It was tough to see through the fog but I think we matched up pretty well with BC's speed in October.

We can skate with anyone in the country, especially the top 9 forwards that played the 3rd perod and OT in Madison.

It was tough to see through the fog but I think we matched up pretty well with BC's speed in October.

We can skate with anyone in the country, especially the top 9 forwards that played the 3rd perod and OT in Madison.

I agree, but we have to get the puck down low and control play in the offensive zone. We weren't able to do that for too much of the time this last weekend. I would say it was more how well Princeton and Wisconsin played then something we weren't doing. But this is the Frozen Four, we have to control the puck in their end.

Their experience and the choke collar for Miami won the game for BC.

Choke collar for Miami? What game were you watching? Miami dominated that game in OT and it took an exceptional play from BC to win it. Outside of defining 'class,' 'choke' is the most over-used term in sports today.

and play physical in front of their net. Muse gives up juicy rebounds.

That is the biggest thing I noticed vs. Miami. He didn't make more than a couple clean saves all night.

I am hoping that a tremendous weight was lifted from their shoulders last weekend. . . can't even imagine how much pressure those guys have been under, having returned to try to win #8. Now that they are in the FF, here's hoping that they play their best hockey. . . .we have all seen it, just in spurts, not whole games. We know the heart/desire is there, that was proven in the 3rd and OT of the Wisco game! Let's go SIOUX!!! I for one can hardly wait to get to Denver!

Choke collar for Miami? What game were you watching? Miami dominated that game in OT and it took an exceptional play from BC to win it. Outside of defining 'class,' 'choke' is the most over-used term in sports today.

miami owned that OT and bc got the bounce

miami played very well except for that 2 minute span when they gave up 3 goals at the end of the 2nd :lol:

remember in rocky 3 or 4 when he was trained by apollo and went back to the old gym? Then he won.... I see a parallel here....

That's what I love about Sly's movies...the realism...all right Rocco...Roccccccc-o...

- Eddie Murphy, "Raw"

I am all for once in a lifetime events.....World Juniors, World Curlings, ect....

I just wonder what Ralph had in mind when he built the state of the art rink and practice facility, for the college hockey team he loved, and now again we will be using park board rinks to get ready to try and win a National Championship Title......?

I'm sure the Broken Broom Lounge and Nightclub (olympic practice rink) was needed, because Grand Forks does not have enough Bars and Resturants for a couple of thousand people to use.... :ohmy:

Good Luck and Go Sioux !

A rink is a rink...the money the Ralph makes off this tournament benefits UND athletics...what's the problem? I understand your arguement about the "Broken Broom lounge"...my question is why didn't they use the Betty like they did for the World Jr's?

A rink is a rink...the money the Ralph makes off this tournament benefits UND athletics...what's the problem? I understand your arguement about the "Broken Broom lounge"...my question is why didn't they use the Betty like they did for the World Jr's?

So how much money did REA contribute to UND Athletics its first five years of operation, check on that and get back to me....?

I believe Ralph had a different vision then the one that has transpired.

Sometimes a change of venue is a good thing. When I had teams make it to the state (9 times) we would practice in different areas the week before and the athletes said it helped them get out of the "same old, same old " routine. Love the Rocky example someone shared. WHEN we are successful one week from tonight, this might become a tradition.