SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Game Threads - Scores

AZSIOUX

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also swept teams at home that they should sweep while the remainder of the teams in the conference seemed to have split-itus. It's not about who is most consistent, it's about who is hot at the right time. CC had a struggle with Anchorage in their opening playoff series and obviously did not play well at the Final Five. And the way it looks now, the WCHA champion is about to wind down its season on an 0-3 skid.

Yeah they haven't been playing good as of late. Wonder what got into them against DU to end the reg season? I guess what I was trying to say was that even when people were calling CC the class of the WCHA, how many actually believed they would be the last WCHA team standing? I thought they would win this game and then lose tomorrow to UNH. Very good picking on my part.

Yeah they haven't been playing good as of late. Wonder what got into them against DU to end the reg season? I guess what I was trying to say was that even when people were calling CC the class of the WCHA, how many actually believed they would be the last WCHA team standing? I thought they would win this game and then lose tomorrow to UNH. Very good picking on my part.

I agree. I had them losing to UNH tomorrow night as well. They seem to have something in common with UNH: Both very good regular season teams who just can't seal the deal in the post-season. CC should be particularly disappointed. You don't get to host regionals every day and when you do, you'd best win it. To not even advance to the Finals? Terrible.

About 5 miles from my house on Highway 10. Its not Gods Country but its home.

BD

I like playing at Be-Bop much better. For some reason, I feel like I should pack a pillow and a sleeping bag every time I make the drive from Bloomington to Diamonds.

I agree. I had them losing to UNH tomorrow night as well. They seem to have something in common with UNH: Both very good regular season teams who just can't seal the deal in the post-season. CC should be particularly disappointed. You don't get to host regionals every day and when you do, you'd best win it. To not even advance to the Finals? Terrible.

Yup. Hosting the regionals is a pretty big opportunity lost. On another note, although they need to watch out in this upside down world, Michigan must be licking their lips. A pretty easy trip to the FF champ has turned into a cakewalk on paper.

Yup. Hosting the regionals is a pretty big opportunity lost. On another note, although they need to watch out in this upside down world, Michigan must be licking their lips. A pretty easy trip to the FF champ has turned into a cakewalk on paper.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall this being discussed on FSN or USCHO before: A team hosting a regional on its home ice has never failed to advance to the Frozen Four.

You're right about Michigan...Clarkson, then either MSU or Notre Dame. Those rivalry games can be trouble, though, and I'd bet the maize and blue will be cheering for the Irish tomorrow night.

MSU has played Michigan pretty tough this year. I would not give Michigan a big favorite position in that match up.

BD

MSU has played Michigan pretty tough this year. I would not give Michigan a big favorite position in that match up.

BD

Yeah but I think Michigan really wants it this year. A Mich-ND semi and a UND-AF semi would look pretty good, don't you think? :lol:

BD

True, but that's rivalry. It's like the Sioux/Gophers. Even if one is #1 in the conference and the other is #10, you know it's going to be a battle.

Like I said, Michigan will be cheering for Notre Dame.

Colorado College: TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTING!

How long will it take for an article on one of the College Hockey websites to talk about the CCHAs performance. I say it is already being written. They have been waiting for this so they could respond to all the critics. Too bad I do not see it continuing tommorow.

BD

I guarantee you that no one on the board had that in the cards for today.

This time of year is always a crap shoot, both Notre Dame and MSU have been middle of the road teams this year.

C.C. put a lot of pucks on the net but they don't have the players that score in dirty areas.

Either does St. Cloud. I don't know how ND beat UNH?

True, but that's rivalry. It's like the Sioux/Gophers. Even if one is #1 in the conference and the other is #10, you know it's going to be a battle.

Like I said, Michigan will be cheering for Notre Dame.

Colorado College: TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTING!

Yup. CC can go home tonight feeling like idiots. They had everything going for them. They had a great talent set, good D, a goaltender playing at the top of his game. The only thing MSU had on CC was experience in the Frozen Four and a FF quality goaltender. Funny, they couldn't overcome it.

MSU looked UNSTOPPABLE tonight. CC looked like...well, like they were just happy to have made the NCAAs. Well, congrats. Have a nice off season.

How long will it take for an article on one of the College Hockey websites to talk about the CCHAs performance. I say it is already being written. They have been waiting for this so they could respond to all the critics. Too bad I do not see it continuing tommorow.

BD

Maybe it is good that the UND is in the BADger WCHA invite? :lol:

This time of year is always a crap shoot, both Notre Dame and MSU have been middle of the road teams this year.

C.C. put a lot of pucks on the net but they don't have the players that score in dirty areas.

Either does St. Cloud. I don't know how ND beat UNH?

I think ND beat UNH by getting the puck past Regan 4 more times than UNH got past Pearce. :lol:

Yup. CC can go home tonight feeling like idiots. They had everything going for them. They had a great talent set, good D, a goaltender playing at the top of his game. The only thing MSU had on CC was experience in the Frozen Four and a FF quality goaltender. Funny, they couldn't overcome it.

MSU looked UNSTOPPABLE tonight. CC looked like...well, like they were just happy to have made the NCAAs. Well, congrats. Have a nice off season.

Scott Owns should have them all doing 'herbies' after everyone leaves the World Arena tonight. :lol:

Seriously, you're playing the defending national champion on your home ice in the regional tournament for the right to go to the Frozen Four...and you come out and lay a gigantic egg like that?