SiouxSports.com Forum

goaltender situation

schmidtdoggydog

I have heard from a very reliable source that Blais has told Ranfranz and Sofie that they will not be invited back next season!

Also, the same source is telling me that Blais is bringing THREE goalies in next year. No names were provided, but it is safe to assume that Ziggy and Lamoureux are two of the three. I have no idea who the third would be.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your source may still be thinking that Layne Sedevie is coming next year.  I'm not surprised that Blais told Sofie and Ranfranz will not be back.  I think it would have been better if Ranny stayed, and Siembida left.

Honestly I see no reason to keep Sofie around there is not way he was ever going to play on a regular basis. I am sure he is a nice kid but, this is division one college hockey. I honestly don't blame Blaiser if he brings in a couple of goalies it is no mystery that the goalie situation this season was not very good.

Now I know there are some (Read POI and you will see what I mean) that think Blaiser is wrong for this type of recruiting practices but honestly do people expect Blaiser to hang on to a kid he recruited for four years if he turns out to be a bust... I would think not. I would do the same thing.

Lastly I read somewhere that Lane S. had his scholarship pulled, can anyone confirm this...

In an article previously reported in this forum by the Lincoln Journal-Star reported that Lincoln traded to get Sedevie. (Click Here to read)

This must indicate that his scholarship was pulled, why would a team trade for a player that was slated to leave before the next season. I knew something had to give they have to many goalies as is not to mention bringing in 2 one year and one the next. But it looks like we may have Ziegelmann and Lammy here next year, It wouldnt shock me to see one of them redshirted for a year but time will tell.

From a purely circumstantial perspective, one could make a case that Jordan Parise would play with the Sioux. Brothers often follow brothers. Parents probably like having multiple sons on the same team to avoid the extra travel and headaches of trying to see kids play on different teams.

Word is, Dean recruited Zach so he could get Jordan.

Is Jordan that good?

It doesnt seem that Zach Parise would be used as a tool to get his brother especially as good as he is/ will be, but if Jordan Parise is a Giggy (sorry Wild fans but Giggy is playing out of his mind) I would do anything to get him, but its not like UND took a big roster hit in being forced to recruit Zach Parise. ---Please note the thick sarcasm---

doh---Im studying for finals, I am using too much brain energy on such wonderful topics as Perception, Drugs and Society, and most of all Human Sexuality... Highly reccomend that class... good dirty fun.

Does any one know if Jordan Parise is any good?

Does any one know if Jordan Parise is any good?

I heard that he was OK but not nearly as good as Zach. I wouldn't mind if he was the third goalie cuz we are in desperate need of goalies. And for all the girls out there, he's not as hott as :blush: Zach :D . :0 He's not even very cute but that doesn't matter if he's a good goalie now does it!

Drugs and Society

Frank White rules! Sociology of Sports is much better than Durgs and Society though.

Good to know that Jordan isn't as hot as Zach. You gotta wonder why Dean would want him though, if the guy isn't hot? :blush: Ultimately though I think forecheck is the judge of player hotness. Afterall she is smitten with the Wookie, so she should know best. :D

I heard that he was OK but not nearly as good as Zach. I wouldn't mind if he was the third goalie cuz we are in desperate need of goalies. And for all the girls out there, he's not as hott as :blush: Zach :D . :0 He's not even very cute but that doesn't matter if he's a good goalie now does it!

I don't think that having 7 goalies means we are in desperate need. What we are in desperate need of is good goaltending which I think that Brandt can provide, given the chance. Now, two are gone (Ranfranz and Sofie), Blais will probably get rid of one or two more next fall at tryouts.

And God knows we can't have a player on our team that's not hot!!...SiouxHockeyLover, I'll save you the trouble, there's a picture of his dad at a Minnesota North Stars site...There's also a list of who wore every number for the North Stars, guess what number JP Parise wore??

Thanks ... I say we sign him now.... We could just convert some of the excess goalies into D-men :blush:

Either that or equipment managers!!

Or hell... Lets get unethical and sign as many goalies as we can to VERBAL commitments and then sell their rights to other teams. With out any paper trail they could easilly make more money than they ever could by moving the students!!! :D:0;)

I know I'm a smart a$$, but I have to enjoy myself dont I?

From a purely circumstantial perspective, one could make a case that Jordan Parise would play with the Sioux. Brothers often follow brothers. Parents probably like having multiple sons on the same team to avoid the extra travel and headaches of trying to see kids play on different teams.

Like Max Bull?? :blush:

Has any team ever started a goalie at every position? Maybe Dean is revolutionizing the game?

:D:0;)

I have heard from a very reliable source that Blais has told Ranfranz and Sofie that they will not be invited back next season!

Also, the same source is telling me that Blais is bringing THREE goalies in next year. No names were provided, but it is safe to assume that Ziggy and Lamoureux are two of the three. I have no idea who the third would be.

Based on CB's radio comments this morning, Lammy is not one of the three. My bad for making the assumption.

well then we have a problem...If Lammy isnt coming in and then Sedevie looks as if he had his scholarship pulled and just got traded, that leaves Ziegelmann, and who else?

Unless the source meant that Blais would be carrying three goalies next year, meaning Brandt, Bida, and Ziegelmann, that would sound realistic.