SiouxSports.com Forum

Brian Lee

Fetch

You are quickly losing whatever credibility you once had. Let's look at this objectively, shall we? If you look at the Final 5 program, every single captain of every other team except Peltier (who voted for Duncan) rated Oshie as the best offensive player. Not one mentioned Wheeler. Kaip, who can't vote for his own teammate, voted for Rhakshani of Denver. Oshie made 1st team all-WCHA, Wheeler made 3rd team. Oshie is a Hobey Baker finalist, Wheeler is not. Seriously, don't make stupid arguments. Wheeler is not in the same class.

As far as Frozen 4's, they are not "participation". That is for making the tournament (e.g, SCSU). Making the Frozen 4 is a big deal, much bigger than winning the Final 5 which is a meaningless tournament that is strictly there for revenue. I would rather make it to the Frozen 4 any day than win a WCHA title (which is a big deal) and would rather make the NCAA tournament than have a Final 5 title. It's meaningless. In order: (1) NCAA championship --overwhelmingly (2) Frozen 4 appearance (3) WCHA title. Frankly, I could care less about the Final 5.

I agree with you about order of importance besides Frozen Four vs. Final 5 championship, to me winning a conference championship is bigger than winning 2 games in the NCAA tournament and not winning it all. I wasn't putting Oshie down, I was just saying he's not worlds better than Wheeler like everyone is saying with all this bust talk and such. They are both juniors and both still in school so that takes care of the argument of people saying the best players leave early (no argument for coming back for a NC). As a college player this year Oshie was better, I never said that he wasn't so if you would have actually read what I wrote instead of getting so defensive you might have noticed that all I was doing was defending Wheeler and simply comparing him to Oshie, where the numbers don't show a huge difference, especially when you look at the players' teams. In regards to frozen four appearances not being participation, then what are they? Seems like kind of a foolish argument to me, saying that you appeared as one of the final four teams standing is a tangible accomplishment, especially when all that is talked about on here is how the Sue only hang banners for national championships and such. I do find it hard to believe that winning a championship (be in the F5) is a lesser thing in your mind than winning 2 games and ending your season by losing in the Frozen Four, but that's just me.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee looked great last night. Looks to be bigger than last year, and moved the puck well on every shift. Also very solid defensively, and was on the second PP unit. I'd expect him to be a top 4 for Ottawa next year, and would not be surprised to see him stick as a top 6 this year in the playoffs.

Wish he still had the Sioux jersey on.

Lee looked great last night. Looks to be bigger than last year, and moved the puck well on every shift. Also very solid defensively, and was on the second PP unit. I'd expect him to be a top 4 for Ottawa next year, and would not be surprised to see him stick as a top 6 this year in the playoffs.

Wish he still had the Sioux jersey on.

With you on those comments!

Maybe it's hard to hate on his product on the ice because we all know he's damn good but boy is there a lot of ammo with his extracurricular activities :silly:

Just some friendly advice, it might be time for you to quit posting. You are fighting a battle you cannot win here. For the record, I think Wheeler is just fine. However, one lucky overtime goal does not define a player's college career in my opinion. Oshie has flat out electrified crowds for his three years at UND, I just can't say the same about Wheeler. As fars as the off ice incidents, you really need to get the facts straight, they are really very minor in the grand scheme of things.

A college hockey player who likes to drink beer...hmmm. He should be tarred and feathered.

Oshie's off the ice stuff is no different than anyone else's. It is also no different than The Blarney Stone incident. When that story "broke" i thought it was stupid too.

Just some friendly advice, it might be time for you to quit posting. You are fighting a battle you cannot win here. For the record, I think Wheeler is just fine. However, one lucky overtime goal does not define a player's college career in my opinion. Oshie has flat out electrified crowds for his three years at UND, I just can't say the same about Wheeler. As fars as the off ice incidents, you really need to get the facts straight, they are really very minor in the grand scheme of things.

Whoever said I was trying to win a battle here? I need to get the facts straight yet they are very minor? That makes absolutely no sense. I didn't say that goal defined his career, it was simply a fun poke at Brian Lee, no harm intended. I too can't say Wheeler has electrified crowds at UND for 3 years, you're right. Took some serious grammar work but I finally figured out your post I think.

A college hockey player who likes to drink beer...hmmm. He should be tarred and feathered.

Oshie's off the ice stuff is no different than anyone else's. It is also no different than The Blarney Stone incident. When that story "broke" i thought it was stupid too.

Most people don't get arrested... I'm just saying...

They are both juniors and both still in school so that takes care of the argument of people saying the best players leave early (no argument for coming back for a NC).

Oshie had St. Louis trying to get him to sign last offseason, while offering a chance to center a line of a couple guys named Kariya and Tkachuk. What kind of offers did Wheeler have?

It was Oshie's choice to come back. I don't recall hearing about Wheeler rejecting an offer to sign with Phoenix.

...the Sue only hang banners for national championships...

Just some friendly advice, it might be time for you to quit posting.

You want to post on SiouxSports.com, you damn well better spell the name right. Call us whatever you want over in Goofyland but if you continue to post here and don't want to be slammed from every direction, it's S I O U X. I know you haven't had too many opportunities for spelling lessons this seasons but there's no excuse for spelling our name wrong on our forum!

You want to post on SiouxSports.com, you damn well better spell the name right. Call us whatever you want over in Goofyland but if you continue to post here and don't want to be slammed from every direction, it's S I O U X. I know you haven't had too many opportunities for spelling lessons this seasons but there's no excuse for spelling our name wrong on our forum!

Sue = Goofers :silly:

When accosting me for my spelling/grammatical errors, watch out for irony :D

No, you're not 'just saying', you're being a jerk..

Wheeler may be good enough to be in the same locker room as Osh but only as his towel boy.

Not being a jerk, just responding to the person who basically said that everyone does it.

Don't count Frazee :silly:

Sue = Goofers :silly:

When accosting me for my spelling/grammatical errors, watch out for irony :D

Hey Goof, as I said, you can call us what you want over in Goofyland but not on our forum. Show me where I've gone to GPL and spelled your name wrong. You can't. I don't go over there to read or post anything. I'm not into slumming.

Hey Goof, as I said, you can call us what you want over in Goofyland but not on our forum. Show me where I've gone to GPL and spelled you name wrong. You can't. I don't go over there to read or post anything. I'm not into slumming.

I'm going to PM you my response to this because I don't want to get bashed on here for it. Note that it is simply a joke :silly:

I'm going to PM you my response to this because I don't want to get bashed on here for it. Note that it is simply a joke :silly:

come on, post it on here....we are all family, we dont run and hide behind our coach *cough* *cough* stu "i have a ton of class" bickel

come on, post it on here....we are all family, we dont run and hide behind our coach *cough* *cough* stu "i have a ton of class" bickel

See I would but the problem is, everyone thinks I'm dead serious. I'm not an ass, just joking around. Already got slammed for saying "Sue" instead of Sioux, so I probably shouldn't post that unless everyone knows its a joke, like all of this. Sioux-CIA will either laugh or hate me :silly: - I thought it was clever

I don't find it funny. Let's share. How many SiouxSports.com members find this funny. It's a 'joke, don't take it seriously'

I had to PM you this because you set yourself up so perfectly. This is a joke, don't take it seriously :silly:

QUOTE (Sioux-cia @ Mar 26 2008, 10:40 AM) post_snapback.gifHey Goof, as I said, you can call us what you want over in Goofyland but not on our forum. Show me where I've gone to GPL and spelled you name wrong. You can't. I don't go over there to read or post anything. I'm not into slumming.

If you're not into slumming then why do you support the Siouxage

I'm sorry, it was too easy, no hard feelings. My bad for maing you mad in the thread, not my goal, just defending my man Wheeler.

Whoever said I was trying to win a battle here? I need to get the facts straight yet they are very minor? That makes absolutely no sense. I didn't say that goal defined his career, it was simply a fun poke at Brian Lee, no harm intended. I too can't say Wheeler has electrified crowds at UND for 3 years, you're right. Took some serious grammar work but I finally figured out your post I think.

So you are an english teacher, BFD. I don't care if you can't understand what I post. The fact of the matter is you are wrong, you have no clue, and you are simply trying to get things stirred up. I'm reporting you to the moderators.

I don't find it funny. Let's share. How many SiouxSports.com members find this funny. It's a 'joke, don't take it seriously'

Haha it was a joke, chill out. It was only fitting since I "misspelled" it once, to do it agian.

How about, back to Brian Lee...