SiouxSports.com Forum

Brian Lee

Fetch

magical run :D they look at themselves as a BIG underdog like they are holy cross or something in every game now no matter what so they call it magical :D a magical run better consist of a 10 game win streak or something like that ;)

FEAR THE OSHIE PRINCETON, FEAR THE OSHIE

Wo wo wo...Who is this magical "they" you speak of? UNDERDOG?!?! More like overwhelming favorite! And who needs a 10 game winning streak? I'm thinking more along the lines of 4.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

felt more west than north of Dinky Town. Short walk to Santana Foods :D Also a pretty short walk to White Castle the other direction :D

prolly a good thing that it was a short walk to white castle so when white castle was done with you it was also a short but very quick walk home!!!! :D;) gotta love the sliders!!

Lee really happy to play for Senators - Fargo Forum

Lee’s first NHL game was a hit, highlighted by his second-period impression of a goaltender. With Ottawa up 1-0, Lee kicked aside two quick shots by Buffalo’s Paul Gaustad when Senators goaltender Martin Gerber was caught out of position.

The sequence was picked as the top play on ESPN’s “SportsCenter.”

“It happened pretty fast,” Lee said. “I just got in behind Gerber, and he shot it into my foot twice in a row.”

Kinda cool that a guy from Moorhead was stopping shots of a guy from Fargo.

That is very cool. It is pretty lame they do not even mention that in the Forum article. Paul Gaustad is cousins with the Potulny's and the Gaustad kid that plays for Grafton. One heck of a hockey family. Too bad none of them played for the Sioux. :D

To give the Forum some credit, Paul Gaustad did move from Fargo when he was fairly young.

That is very cool. It is pretty lame they do not even mention that in the Forum article. Paul Gaustad is cousins with the Potulny's and the Gaustad kid that plays for Grafton. One heck of a hockey family. Too bad none of them played for the Sioux. :D

To give the Forum some credit, Paul Gaustad did move from Fargo when he was fairly young.

I believe the original article the day after the game also said that Ottawa lost to Buffalo 6-3. Vintage Fargo Forum when it comes to hockey.

The difference is that Oshie is a junior in college because he wanted to stay with his friends at the premier college hockey program in the the country. He turned down St. Louis' best efforts to try and lure him into taking a few million dollars, but he thought more about being a Fighting Sioux hockey player and a University of North Dakota student than about being in the NHL and getting a huge paycheck. Wheeler, on the other hand, had no choice. Phoenix didn't want him. His choices were going back to school or going up to Canadian Major Juniors like other Gopher 1st round choices. When this season is over Wheeler will be pulled out of college because Phoenix will want to know if they made a major 1st round blunder, or is Wheeler not progressing in the Gopher system, much like Okposo and others weren't.

Now, I don't follow the Gophers like several posters on this forum do, but didn't Gretzky indicate that he didn't want to rush Wheeler and that he was happy with the progress and development that being shown?

Now, I don't follow the Gophers like several posters on this forum do, but didn't Gretzky indicate that he didn't want to rush Wheeler and that he was happy with the progress and development that being shown?

yes he said that but hes not going to say hes not happy with wheeler as that would kill a kids confidence. they knew after the first year they drafted him it was a mistake of how high they drafted blake so keeping him in school was the option for phx to let him develop his game. he should be signing this off season as phx needs to get him in their system and keep working with him to get him nhl ready i the next couple years. they drafted him way to high but they have to protect this investment and see what happens. hes not a bust by any means as he didnt draft himeself at 5th overall but overall it was a bad pick that high and phx and other know it. any top 5 pick is 1 and done in college no matter what. toews only stayed 2 years because he came ayear early and we were lucky as sioux fans for that. blake will get his crack in the show a year or 2 away so we will see what happens when he gets the shot.