SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gophers got a lucky bounce to beat CC. Great...a Sioux fans dream. Now it will be WCHA #1 vs #2 for THIRD place. Talk about fantastic finishes!!!

I doubt either team will score more than 2 goals tomorrow.

Although it was lucky, how did I know this would all be attributed to luck...standard.

CC feels the pain for tomorrow, UND wins easily.

GREAT!!! i am now excited for the 3rd place game tomorrow i think it really will be an indication of how the sioux will go into the regionals. i will be up nice and early again tomorrow and can not wait for what is sure to be a great game of hockey.

Get fired up for a BIG game tomorrow boys. I want to see some goals please, you need to score to win hockey games. The sioux need to capitalize on scoring chances if they want to win from here on in.

Lets go Sioux!!!

This is where the boys need to set the tone for the big dance next weekend when its win or go home. Get it done boys!!!!

thats true. i think the loss today could prove to be a good character loss. i hope thats the case. of course i wont be able to see the sioux play tommorow either, so i will need an unbiased post-game report

2 big reasons we need a win tomorrow

1 - momentum into the ncaa tourney, just nice to have obviously

2 - we can move up to a 3 overall seed and possibly avoid cc in the springs if it works out in the pairwise, who knows

GO SIOUX, over today. du has our number right now in the post season, they do :D GO SIOUX, BEAT CC and lets the chips fall!

bottom line, have to score goals and my name is CAPTAIN OBVIOUS :glare::(

Wait, why wouldn't you want to play us?

Gophs deserved the game, usually the team playing the best gets the so called bounces and that was the Goofs. Hoeffel is going to be a force the next few years. He is a big strong kid with skill. Very disappointing today but I will be back at the X for the tilt tomorrow. Sioux need to play with a little more fire. Please sit Miller! i don't mean to be hard on the kid but I would rather see Radke out there. Put Kozek back on the top line and let Radke be a physical presence out there.

Sioux did not deserve to win today. THey are not the championship caliber team we've seen. Bottom line is they lack leadership. Chorne did his part to take control, no one else did. WCHA doesn't mean much, but it would've been nice to win. wake up calls for all. I don't envy any team facing UND or CC in the NCAAs after this weekend.

Gophers are not great, wheeler sucks and is a punk.

Redwing, you are going to flame me, but Lapoint was God Awful today. Finley also sucked a big one today.

I wanted the Sioux to be playing Colorado College but just in a different scenario. Didn't expect playing them in the third place match-up. If the Sioux get their act together then this game is going to be really fun to watch since both teams play quite similar styles.

I hope the Sioux can come out strong and beat CC cause it's never good to go into the National Tournament after losing twice the weekend before. Look at Minnesota for instance when they were the #1 overall seed and bowed out of the WCHA Final Five. They all said who cares we're still in the tournament no biggie. And they ended up losing to a Holy Cross team. I really don't wanna see the Sioux having a similar fate.

I wanted the Sioux to be playing Colorado College but just in a different scenario. Didn't expect playing them in the third place match-up. If the Sioux get their act together then this game is going to be really fun to watch since both teams play quite similar styles.

I hope the Sioux can come out strong and beat CC cause it's never good to go into the National Tournament after losing twice the weekend before. Look at Minnesota for instance when they were the #1 overall seed and bowed out of the WCHA Final Five. They all said who cares we're still in the tournament no biggie. And they ended up losing to a Holy Cross team. I really don't wanna see the Sioux having a similar fate.

the sioux have never ever laid down for a hockey no matter what place its for in the final 5 and never will. they know if they win they can pop up to 3rd overall in the pairwise and maybe, just maybe avoid the springs for the regional as 1 seed. i wouldnt worry about the sioux quitting in 3rd place games, shouldnt even be a thought really. this game is huge for a couple of reasons. score a few goals and good things can happen

It's hard not to be down on the Sioux and their chances after yesterday, when they seemed to be the worst of the four remaining teams. It's also hard to imagine the Sioux scoring more than a goal or so today, when you combine their recent troubles in that regard with the wall they'll be facing in Bachman, who really demonstrated his abilities last night.

That said, things change. Teams look terrible one night, then look as though they switched jerseys the next. I'm not very optimistic about today, but I'm wrong all the time anyway.

On another note, some poor unsuspecting 2 seed (and I hope it's not us) is going to draw the Gophers in the first round, and they're in for a big surprise. MN looks to be on a mission. It's like they finally realized two things: 1) Okposo and Stoa aren't coming back, this is our team and this is how we have to play, and 2) Have you seen Kangas?!

We Sioux fans have seen struggling teams find themselves at the last possible instant, and that appears to be what MN has done. With Kangas back there, and still talent better than all but a handful or two, they can beat anyone.

the sioux have never ever laid down for a hockey no matter what place its for in the final 5 and never will. they know if they win they can pop up to 3rd overall in the pairwise and maybe, just maybe avoid the springs for the regional as 1 seed. i wouldnt worry about the sioux quitting in 3rd place games, shouldnt even be a thought really. this game is huge for a couple of reasons. score a few goals and good things can happen

I don't think anyone should be worried about the Sioux intentionally laying down for a game either. However, the Sioux certainly unintentionally laid down for yesterday's game. They got bailed out by a couple of other teams, so miraculously they still have a very good shot at a 1 seed, but starting today, their fate is in their own hands. Any team that needs a loss this time of year to remind them of that is not a true championship contender. I've been worried about the lapses they have for extended periods of games lately. Yesterday did nothing to quell those worries. How a team can be lifeless for 2 periods then come out firing in the 3rd is beyond me. I get the impression this team doesn't understand that you have to play for a full 60 minutes to win this time of year. I get the impressions the coaches feel this way too, since it's now a week before the NCAA tourney and the coaches still haven't found anyone to step up and skate with Oshie and Duncan. Unless someone takes a VV like step forward in the next couple of weeks, we're always going to struggle to score goals unless TJ Oshie is on the ice.

Do we remind anyone else of the gophers about a month ago? Let's go on a run like they have, starting today. Paging the powerplay. Please report to the Xcel Energy Center at 2 PM.

as much as it pains me to say I think the gophers are a better team than us right now and in fact remind me of our 2005 team that went all the way to the title game. I think the gophers will make the frozen four.

If the gophers continue to score 3 goals a game like they have been, I don't see how they lose a game with Kangas in net. That's why I am so desperate for UND to win it all this year. Without Oshie and JPL (aka our entire team) next year, plus having to battle Kangas and Bachmann for the next 3 years, it might be awhile before we have a realistic shot. Just think back to the beginning of the year, when every article or website talking about the best line in college hockey automatically took Oshie and Duncan's like out of the equation. Now, we don't even know who makes up Oshie and Duncan's line.