SiouxSports.com Forum

Official Game Thread UND vs Denver

NDFAN

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux can't let DU get them away from their game. Gwozdickhead was spouting after the beat down in GF that he was disappointed in how his players reacted. Seems like that means he wants them to take cheap shots at every opportunity. If we keep our heads, we win this thing as we are the better team.

You needed to wait a minute. This is your second 5 on 3. you have no reason to complain about the calls thus far.

This was in regards to FSN showing the UND/DU fight from their last series.....replaying it for the 1,000,000th time.

Why does everyone get so upset at FSN? The fight video was great. They aren't putting down UND, even saying that Denver started it, but yet people and the sioux announcers get upset. Wow, just wow! :)

my point was they had the video clip (complete with cut to interview with Hak) cued up and ready to go, assuming from their standpoint that ND was going to goon-it-up.....

my point was they had the video clip (complete with cut to interview with Hak) cued up and ready to go, assuming from their standpoint that ND was going to goon-it-up.....

Yeah well it was a major story from the first game and just because fans know about not fighting in the playoffs, the media probably doesn't. Although DU didn't seem to get the memo either.

Here's my quick-hit first period analysis.

Denver owns the neutral zone. I would hate to see what the shots on goal would have been if we didn't get a couple of 5 on 3s.

Getting a goal on this current power play is huge. VV stepped up last year in this game and showed he was going to be player this year, with he, Oshie and Genoway in the box it's time for some of these other guys to do the same. We supposedly have more scoring depth this year, let's prove it.

Officiating has been surprisingly great. Denver has more penalties because they are being the aggressors, but nothing has been cheap. They are basically playing Sioux hockey right now. They maybe got a little out of hand before the scrum at the end, seeing as no Sioux player was anywhere close to charging Mannino, but their goalie was down and defenseless on the ice and they wanted to protect him. They paid the price for it, so I can't really complain.

Well FSN has just gone black on my Directtv - anyone else?

I'm getting it (fingers crossed) on my DishNet in Ohio. I'll blow a fuse if it goes black! I pay $60 a month in the winter for the sole purpose of getting these games......The only reason it should go black is if there was another contracted event, such as NHL or something, but that won't be the case today. Check one of the alternate sports channels or other FSN networks.

Here's my quick-hit first period analysis.

Denver owns the neutral zone. I would hate to see what the shots on goal would have been if we didn't get a couple of 5 on 3s.

Getting a goal on this current power play is huge. VV stepped up last year in this game and showed he was going to be player this year, with he, Oshie and Genoway in the box it's time for some of these other guys to do the same. We supposedly have more scoring depth this year, let's prove it.

Officiating has been surprisingly great. Denver has more penalties because they are being the aggressors, but nothing has been cheap. They are basically playing Sioux hockey right now. They maybe got a little out of hand before the scrum at the end, seeing as no Sioux player was anywhere close to charging Mannino, but their goalie was down and defenseless on the ice and they wanted to protect him. They paid the price for it, so I can't really complain.

Spot on take.

From the standpoint of someone that can only hear the game, DU seemed to win that period. More scoring chances, and more time in UND's zone, especially 5 x 5.

UND has two 5 x 3's, and can't muster good scoring chance? They don't seem to be "on fire" in this game, with the possible exception of Oshie.

From the standpoint of someone that can only hear the game, DU seemed to win that period. More scoring chances, and more time in UND's zone, especially 5 x 5.

UND has two 5 x 3's, and can't muster good scoring chance? They don't seem to be "on fire" in this game, with the possible exception of Oshie.

We looked good to start and then Denver slowly gained control as the period went on,