SiouxSports.com Forum

Tom Pohl

#1fan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the double post but just found out that the coma was in fact medically induced because he was so swollen up and the blood needed to drain from his brain.

Well...then this is probably a good thing, I'm guessing he's getting some of the best medical care available down there.

OK I hate to be the insensitive one, while I hope for his speedy recovery, i am having a hard time feeling sorry for his team and fans. At the Final Five when Bina got his neck broken there were some goof fans around me that said good and clapped about it. Since then I have seen other goof fans say pretty much the same thing. While I feel for Tom Pohls family and for him. I have no sympathy for there fans, too many of them were rude and total dinks about Bina.

OK I hate to be the insensitive one, while I hope for his speedy recovery, i am having a hard time feeling sorry for his team and fans. At the Final Five when Bina got his neck broken there were some goof fans around me that said good and clapped about it. Since then I have seen other goof fans say pretty much the same thing. While I feel for Tom Pohls family and for him. I have no sympathy for there fans, too many of them were rude and total dinks about Bina.

I make take some heat by my comments, but at a time like this for the Pohl family, you obviously never learned that one never stoops to another's level and it is more important to take the high road. Your comments were very insensitive and I am embarrassed that you call yourself a Sioux fan. I would hope that you retrack your comments in this thread and look in a mirror and decide if it was really necessary to make such a statement and if you feel so much better for it. Enough said.

From our Sioux fan family to the Pohl family we wish them a very speedy recovery and hope he gets back out on the ice soon. We understand what they are going through supporting all the military families coming back from war. It's lots of praying and wait and see

I make take some heat by my comments, but at a time like this for the Pohl family, you obviously never learned that one never stopps to another's level and it is more important to take the high road. Your comments were very insensitive and I am embarrassed that you call yourself a Sioux fan. I would hope that you retrack your comments in this thread and look in a mirror and decide if it was really necessary to make such a statement and if you feel so much better for it. Enough said.

I said I feel for his family and for him. I think it is horrible what happened to him during a routine play. That is aweful. The thing I have a problem with is remembering the jerks from UMtc that literally starting clapping while Bina laid on the ice. As I said it is those people I have no sympathy for.

I said I feel for his family and for him. I think it is horrible what happened to him during a routine play. That is aweful. The thing I have a problem with is remembering the jerks from UMtc that literally starting clapping while Bina laid on the ice. As I said it is those people I have no sympathy for.

And what I'm saying is, your comments were not necessary under this thread. Take it elsewhere. I'm sure the Pohl family doesn't care to hear about them -- all they care about is making sure their son stays alive and can one day awake from this tragedy.

The Gophers have one of the top programs in the country and and one of the top competitors of UND. With that being said, that is most likely why I "dislike" the Gophers as in order for the Sioux to beat them, we are going to have to play at the top of our game to have a chance to get the W.

When an event such as what happened to Pohl occurs, it makes you realize what is really important in life. At such times, I feel that the lines that divide programs and fans really is diminished as we all love the game of college hockey and the "beefs" I have with Gopher fans really is nothing more than trivial rivalry.

What happened with Bina is in the past and has no bearing on what THIS Sioux fan thinks or feels as it relates to Pohl. I wish to his family, friends and supporters all of the best at this critical time.

And what I'm saying is, your comments were not necessary under this thread. Take it elsewhere. I'm sure the Pohl family doesn't care to hear about them -- all they care about is making sure their son stays alive and can one day awake from this tragedy.

OK fine, but I do still think I am allowed my two cents. Whether you like what I have to say or not. As I said before I wish him and his family nothing but the best. But apparently you missed that part.

Check out KFGO's Jack and Sandy show. This topic is being discussed. Jack and Sandy have done some "investigating" into the matter, and have decided that there should be criminal charges filed. ;)

I hope that Tom Pohl makes a full recovery and that there are no ill effects on his life because of this situation he is now in. Hockey is now secondary.

criminal charges? thats a joke, unless it was a marty mcsorley type incident there is no need to file criminal charges!

criminal charges? thats a joke, unless it was a marty mcsorley type incident there is no need to file criminal charges!

I hope the best for Tom Pohl...he seems to be in very good hands in Rochester, hopefully he lives a full and healthy life.

As far as Jack & Sandy goes, they are a complete joke.

I saw the replays of the incident on Sunday night. From the angle of the camera, it was hard to determine just what happened. The announcers said that the Mankato player elbowed Pohl in the head/face. The Mankato guy's left shoulder and elbow were screened by his body as were away from the camera. I did see Pohl's helmet come off as he was dropping to the ice. It looked like he may have hit his head on the top of the dasher boards (this was in front of one of the team benches).

He looked limp as he collapsed to the ice and he may have also hit his head (now helmetless) on the ice. I didn't see it happen "live," but they did show some slowed down replays and it truly was hard to determine just what the Mankato guy did to him. It was called a major penalty, DQ, and game misconduct by Mazocco, but that may not be totally accurate.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tom Pohl and his family. May he recover to play again next season.

As far as Jack & Sandy goes, they are a complete joke.

I wish the caller who made the point about football being more violent than hockey wasn't so ignorant. The Miami/FIU, South Carolina/Clemson and even Dartmouth/Holy Cross football brawls were likely far worse than any UM/UND scuffling.

I am sure Wiley is having enough trouble dealing with this...I don't think anyone thought he did it with malice. Leave him alone, I agree SK12.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't he a senior? And it's too late in the season to redshirt him, right? Just saying....

I hope he recovers quickly.

i am sure he meant playing pro hockey somewhere! but either way playing hockey is the last thing his family is thinking about!

I am sure Wiley is having enough trouble dealing with this...I don't think anyone thought he did it with malice. Leave him alone, I agree SK12.

According to Brad's Blog, the press conference made it sound like Wiley is having a terrible time with the incident, I also wish him the best.

Sorry for the double post but just found out that the coma was in fact medically induced because he was so swollen up and the blood needed to drain from his brain.

You sure about this? 'Cause he's now out of intensive care and upgraded to "fair" condition. In addition, he talked to his coach Monday. Kinda tough to do that when one is in a coma. ;)

That being said, get well Tom Pohl. I've been a big fan of the entire Pohl family for a long time. They all play hockey with heart.

You sure about this? 'Cause he's now out of intensive care and upgraded to "fair" condition. In addition, he talked to his coach Monday. Kinda tough to do that when one is in a coma. ;)

That being said, get well Tom Pohl. I've been a big fan of the entire Pohl family for a long time. They all play hockey with heart.

I have been following the situation fairly closely here in the cities, and have not found anything to back that up. There was a radio report that my wife heard that led her to believe things were not going well, but in everything credible the news is positive. Last I heard he had been moved out of ICU, and Lucia is hoping that he will be well enough to travel with the team to the NCAA's (also hoping his team gets to the NCAA's but that is another discussion.

As for 7>5's comments... Your choice of timing leaves a little to be desired.

Thanks for the positive thoughts for #21! Hopefully we will see y'all this weekend.

I have been following the situation fairly closely here in the cities, and have not found anything to back that up. There was a radio report that my wife heard that led her to believe things were not going well, but in everything credible the news is positive. Last I heard he had been moved out of ICU, and Lucia is hoping that he will be well enough to travel with the team to the NCAA's (also hoping his team gets to the NCAA's but that is another discussion.

As for 7>5's comments... Your choice of timing leaves a little to be desired.

Thanks for the positive thoughts for #21! Hopefully we will see y'all this weekend.

Ok I think people are missing the point of what I said. Once again. I feel bad for him and his family, how many more times can I say that. I said I do not have a lot of sympathy for some of the fans that were rude and disrespectful after Bina's accident. I think what happened to Pohl is horrible and I do not wish that on anyone.

Do you understand that or am I still in the wrong. It is not like I wished any bad will on the guy, I hope he gets better and is back to playing hockey really soon.