SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five Brunch March 22nd

MafiaMan

OK, since I've been asked, I thought I would throw this out there and see if there was any interest in people meeting for brunch late Saturday morning (March 22nd) before the 2:00 pm WCHA 3rd place game. I know the first round of the playoffs hasn't been played yet, but figured I'd see if there was any interest...

Without the added festivities of St Patrick's Day being held on Friday, perhaps a few more people would be interested in coming out on Saturday...

Even if you're a Gopher fan, cmon out and meet some of the monikers from the board in person. It's a fun time and now the Hoggsbreath is smoke-free!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this place a resteraunt or just a bar? Is there any get together planned for Friday?

Bob,

Typically the Alumni Association will have a gathering place on Friday and possibly on Saturday. Hoggsbreath is a combo bar/grill. More bar than grill.

I went to the St Patty's Day Parade last yr - what Freak show - I don't think I'd ever go again - I did see all of the team going back to their Hotel , after their morning practice & ask a lot of them how they liked the special parade that was being thrown for them (All were wearing Green) :D

Is this place a restaurant or just a bar? Is there any get together planned for Friday?

It's a bar/restaurant that's more restaurant during the day. They have a big-screen TV with NCAA basketball on upstairs and plenty of pool tables and NDH's favorite, dart boards, downstairs.

In the past, we've done this on Saturday morning because Friday of the Final Five has usually been St Patrick's Day. Getting anyplace downtown is a madhouse. Hoggsbreath is located about 5 minutes north and 2 minutes west of downtown off of Highway 36 in Little Canada.

I know the owners very well and they'd be happy to set up an area for us. Last year wasn't busy at all when we came, but it's still helpful to give them a possible head-count so they can be prepared.

It's a bar/restaurant that's more restaurant during the day. They have a big-screen TV with NCAA basketball on upstairs and plenty of pool tables and NDH's favorite, dart boards, downstairs.

In the past, we've done this on Saturday morning because Friday of the Final Five has usually been St Patrick's Day. Getting anyplace downtown is a madhouse. Hoggsbreath is located about 5 minutes north and 2 minutes west of downtown off of Highway 36 in Little Canada.

I know the owners very well and they'd be happy to set up an area for us. Last year wasn't busy at all when we came, but it's still helpful to give them a possible head-count so they can be prepared.

Good food. Good drink. Good atmosphere. Heck, even kid friendly, at least during the day. The hookers don't move in on the place until at least after nine.

For those looking for a bit of local flavor and culture, it is also but a 10-12 minute drive from the Capitol, just north of downtown, up one of the most famous of all streets in The Jungle of The East Saint Paul . . . .

Rice Street. Take a cruise up Rice rather than hugging the freeways. BTW, it is also a very easy find off of the freeways.

Good food. Good drink. Good atmosphere. Heck, even kid friendly, at least during the day. The hookers don't move in on the place until at least after nine.

For those looking for a bit of local flavor and culture, it is also but a 10-12 minute drive from the Capitol, just north of downtown, up one of the most famous of all streets in The Jungle of The East Saint Paul . . . .

Rice Street. Take a cruise up Rice rather than hugging the freeways. BTW, it is also a very easy find off of the freeways.

As you can see from the map, it's also a very easy drive straight up Rice Street. Just lock your car doors at the intersection of Rice and University...it's a long stop light and you don't want to take any chances. :D Those North Dakota license plates make easy targets.

do they allow kids or....is this a no kids kind of thing?

I will likely have kids in tow. Three boys, ages 8, 11, and 13. Two sixteen year-old girls.

We can sit the boorish folks at a separate table if need be. The MafiaMan knows who they are.

We will identify them with some kind of mark. Maybe a bone through the nose or something.

We can tell the children to stay away from the folks with the bones through their noses.

I will likely have kids in tow. Three boys, ages 8, 11, and 13. Two sixteen year-old girls.

We can sit the boorish folks at a separate table if need be. The MafiaMan knows who they are.

We will identify them with some kind of mark. Maybe a bone through the nose or something.

We can tell the children to stay away from the folks with the bones through their noses.

I'm not sure I'd advertise 16 year old girls being there with posters like dagies on the board. :D

Dagies will have a bone put in his nose during the play-in game on Thursday. In the concourse outside of section 114.

That just about made me laugh out loud.

Goin' to Grand Forks this weekend, NDH?

MafiaMan Jr had a couple of good scoring chances and an assist in the mites jamboree last weekend. I looked for Hakstol and Eades in the stands at BIG but they must have been busy Sunday morning.

That's the plan right now. Let me know if you need a ride. Just two of us going the way it looks. Wheels up Friday around 1 p.m.

I wish. I have the co-rec state broomball tournament this weekend in Chaska so I'll have to resort to finding someone to text message me real-time scores. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Our first game? Friday night at 6:55 pm. Ugh...

Hey, I told you....you get me the Final 5 tickets, and I'll come up with money for a plane ticket. :D

You'll find Final Five tickets here for five bucks a pop after Minny is eliminated this weekend. I'd suggest you tell mom and dad to pony up for the plane fare and you'll cover the hockey tickets. :D