SiouxSports.com Forum

NJ Devils Zach Parise

siouxguyinstpaul

But had I known there would be a lockout, and no chance to play in the NHL that season. ... It was tough to watch North Dakota go all the way (to the championship game), playing in the Frozen Four, when you know you could have been there.
:D

:)

Seriously, from what I had read that year I pretty much figured there was going to be a lock out that season.

I have heard that comment before that if he had knew that he would have stayed. I think that might have been th difference as well.

God what might have been.

WILD vs Parise just started :) JP announced "lets play hockey" at the drop of the puck. COOL

Plus the WILD just scored. GO WILD but I hope Parise gets the hatty

And this is the best I have seen the Wild play all month. :)

A three day break to start the final stretch run will do that to your play.

When it was the Devils and the Wild I thought oh no, not another trap feast.

Turned out so far that it has been a good game.

I guess it just goes to show what you know :)

Back from the wild vs DEVILS game. Lots of people wearing Sioux gear. It was great to see the Dev's pull one off, too bad Parise was thwarted on the shootout though...good warmup for the final five, assuming the Sioux make it.

Back from the wild vs DEVILS game. Lots of people wearing Sioux gear. It was great to see the Dev's pull one off, too bad Parise was thwarted on the shootout though...good warmup for the final five, assuming the Sioux make it.

I got a kick out of the GWG in the shoot out being scored by a Minnesotan.

Good win for the Devs.

I got a kick out of the GWG in the shoot out being scored by a Minnesotan.

Good win for the Devs.

It was pretty comical. I tell you what, I haven't been to many Wild games, but wow, it seemed pretty tame in there compared to a college game...it would be nice to be in a real NHL setting such as Montreal, Detroit, etc. to get the full feel of the bigtime.

It was pretty comical. I tell you what, I haven't been to many Wild games, but wow, it seemed pretty tame in there compared to a college game...it would be nice to be in a real NHL setting such as Montreal, Detroit, etc. to get the full feel of the bigtime.

You know what? I'm going to be nice to Minnesota NHL fans and say this:

Put a great team on the ice, with goalscorers galore and a high flying, hard hitting game like Detroit or even Chicago employs and well... it will get loud because they'll be going up and down the ice.

Boy, Chicago is on the cusp. Just a few defensive adjustments, depth adjustments, and experience for Kane and Toews and they'll be a force!

In any case, yeah... Sign some more guys like Gaborik, operate on a more balanced system (it isn't all that bad to look to potential for a team. It isn't always good to have a veteran laden "older" team either. But it is always good to have as much "now" talent as you do potential. The Mild operate off of potential and rely heavily on Demitra and Gaborik for the "now" talent. That's too skewed towards potential to be truly successful). I wonder what a guy like Modano, who wanted to sign with Minnesota after the lockout, would have done with the Wild.

You know what? I'm going to be nice to Minnesota NHL fans and say this:

Put a great team on the ice, with goalscorers galore and a high flying, hard hitting game like Detroit or even Chicago employs and well... it will get loud because they'll be going up and down the ice.

Boy, Chicago is on the cusp. Just a few defensive adjustments, depth adjustments, and experience for Kane and Toews and they'll be a force!

In any case, yeah... Sign some more guys like Gaborik, operate on a more balanced system (it isn't all that bad to look to potential for a team. It isn't always good to have a veteran laden "older" team either. But it is always good to have as much "now" talent as you do potential. The Mild operate off of potential and rely heavily on Demitra and Gaborik for the "now" talent. That's too skewed towards potential to be truly successful). I wonder what a guy like Modano, who wanted to sign with Minnesota after the lockout, would have done with the Wild.

Redwing - I completely understand why you dislike the Wild so much. I mean, after Norm Green up and left Minnesota and took his team with him, the Wild came back in 2000, have been to the playoffs 2 years in their first 5 seasons (1 year was lost due to the lockout), went to the playoffs in their 3rd year as a team, making it to the Western Conference FINALS in their 1st playoff appearance.

On top of that, most people will say that Minnesota is one of the best places to play, has the best fans, etc. I'm certainly not saying that they have to be your favorite team (they're not mine), and I do agree that they could do some things differently, but it gets old listening to you spew the same junk in every reply concerning the Wild. Do you give them credit for anything?

I guess on the other hand Minnesota could have gotten a team like the BlueJackets, that would have been great!

Redwing - I completely understand why you dislike the Wild so much. I mean, after Norm Green up and left Minnesota and took his team with him, the Wild came back in 2000, have been to the playoffs 2 years in their first 5 seasons (1 year was lost due to the lockout), went to the playoffs in their 3rd year as a team, making it to the Western Conference FINALS in their 1st playoff appearance.

On top of that, most people will say that Minnesota is one of the best places to play, has the best fans, etc. I'm certainly not saying that they have to be your favorite team (they're not mine), and I do agree that they could do some things differently, but it gets old listening to you spew the same junk in every reply concerning the Wild. Do you give them credit for anything?

I guess on the other hand Minnesota could have gotten a team like the BlueJackets, that would have been great!

i agree, the same crap that is said get old! so what if they play a more defensive minded game, it's their style of play and Lemaire knows what he is doing (although some of the front office decisions are questionable). either way the wild have sold out every game since their first home opener back in 2000, how many other teams can say they have done that?

Sioux fans, here are three more recent articles about Zach Parise on www.nj.com--

www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1205473076217

www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1205041514232

www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1204954543867

Do I give credit to Minnesota for anything? I give them credit for not simply rolling over once the North Stars left town.

I give their fans credit for rooting for their team even though they have the Twins mentality (We made the playoffs so it is a good year).

I give them credit for ending Roy's career on a down note (hey, Red Wings fan here. Can't go for the Avs in any way!).

90% of my dislike for the Wild IS their front office. It's not necessarily LeMaire. He's actually gotten better.

But it drives me crazy to have a front office continuously and endlessly looking to the future of the franchise and COMPLETELY forget about the present. Sure, you want to build a solid team for years to come, but when is the future going to be today?

Sorry if it is repetitive junk to you all, but I guess I'm just a burned out ex-Minnesota fan. They have nothing to offer me any longer and their attitudes every offseason is laughable.

I don't dislike the Wild but here are some valid points. The new management took a team of nobodies to the Western Conference Finals and people here continue to drink the Kool-aid. Bob Naegele was a genius. Build the team to the cusp of mediocrity, they pull off some major playoff upsets, you make no upgrades in talent at all, then you sell it and make a mint. Had Columbus pulled off the playoff miracle, they'd be in the same boat.

Fans now want to see some talent on the ice. NOT Chris Simon.

"On top of that, most people will say that Minnesota is one of the best places to play, has the best fans, etc."

Most Minnesotans anyway and best fans is a real stretch

Gopher fans and Wild fans are 2 different things. How many games have the Wild played and how many have been sellouts - for a "mediocre" team might I add?

I don't dislike the Wild but here are some valid points. The new management took a team of nobodies to the Western Conference Finals and people here continue to drink the Kool-aid. Bob Naegele was a genius. Build the team to the cusp of mediocrity, they pull off some major playoff upsets, you make no upgrades in talent at all, then you sell it and make a mint. Had Columbus pulled off the playoff miracle, they'd be in the same boat.

Fans now want to see some talent on the ice. NOT Chris Simon.

I don't disagree with that, and I don't disagree with everything that RedWing says, either. I thought the Simon signing was terrible. I just think you have to be careful what you wish for. I'm a huge Twins fan and sometimes I don't like their offseason signings (Rondell White, Ponson, Bautista, etc.) but in the end I do like the way they do things, for the most part. I'd rather have a team like the Twins here than a team like Tampa Bay, Baltimore (which spends gobs of money and nothing to show for it), etc.

The complaining about Lemaire's coaching style is great, too. Keep in mind, he won a Cup in NJ, and NJ went on to win 2 more cups - say what you will about him not being there for the next 2 cups, but they were playing his "style" of game. Boring, the trap, whatever.....they won Cups and he took the Wild to the Conference Finals in their 3rd year as a franchise with all of the "mediocre" players the Wild had - I'm not going to argue with Lemaire's results.

Again...careful what you wish for. You could have a coaching carousel with shi**y coaches, and the Wild could be a bottom feeder year in and year out. They've been pretty competitive and they play in a consistently tough division year after year.

Could they do more in the front office? Yeah, I agree, but I don't think it's THAT bad. The Wild have been a successful team in their 7 years of existence.