SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

308undhockey2.jpg

Lets send the 4 seniors out in style and get this streak to 17 unbeaten with a new school record and most importantly a WIN. With a win or a tie the Huskies will grab home ice over sconnie so they will come out firing tonight. GO SIOUX

sioux_puck.gif - Thank you Lamoureux

sioux_puck.gif - Thank you Radke

sioux_puck.gif - Thank you Bina

sioux_puck.gif - Thank you Kaip

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have a win streak, but go Sioux, let's start one tonight!!! Need a 9 game winning streak!!!

im sure the wrong word was used as we all know its a 16 game unbeaten :D and we dont need a 9 game win streak but would be nice. we need a 4 game win streak in the end :D

Defense call surely help win games but the offense, although at times looking good with passing, really need to create more opportunity in front of the net. We will not be going far in the season with scoring only 1 or 2 goals per game, obviously. Our last three games have not been looking good goalwise, so we need to turn it around tonight before the games that matter come into play

Defense call surely help win games but the offense, although at times looking good with passing, really need to create more opportunity in front of the net. We will not be going far in the season with scoring only 1 or 2 goals per game, obviously. Our last three games have not been looking good goalwise, so we need to turn it around tonight before the games that matter come into play

going back and including the alaska series we have averaged 2.6 goals per game. we will not be winning championships if we continue that kind of production. didn't we make fun of the goophs the last month for that kind of offensive output. despite the fact we are unbeaten, having scored 6 goals in the last 4 games is pathetic.

A few things from last nights game that need to change:

1. This is a big one. Duncan needs to start doing more out there. Last night many passes went to him on odd man rushes and it seemed like he got the puck taken away every time. He needs to show why he won the Hobey last year if this team wants to win #8.

2. The ref(I think it was Anderson) needs to do a better job of calling stuff that NEEDS to be called. Obviously that one in overtime, but there were a few times Oshie got tripped up with no calls among other things. We also did a bunch of stuff that didn't get called. I would like to be able to watch Oshie go around players without being tackled.

3. Need to bury the chances. Had many chances yesterday that should have been buried and put away the Huskies. Need to put away the easy ones to help ourselves out.

4. Chorney and Bina-What happened from last year to this year? I just haven't seen it from either of these two this year. We need them to step up right now and show why they should be 2 of the best defensemen in the country. They can't be giving the puck away in our own zone like they did yesterday. None of our players should be doing that.

On another note*

I liked the play of the freshmen defensemen. I thought both LaPoint and Marto played well. We need to have that if Genoway will be out for a long period of time.

Lamoureux is playing ridiculously well right now.

The 2nd line dominated St. Cloud's first line all over the ice last night. It seemed like every shift the Kaip, VandeVelde, Watkins line was creating chances. That will really help wear down their first line.

I liked the play of the freshmen defensemen. I thought both LaPoint and Marto played well. We need to have that if Genoway will be out for a long period of time.

Prepare for a rush of disagreements over LaPoint.

Really, I think the guy who scored the goal last night for the Sioux was last night's top performer for the Sioux: Rylan Kaip. The guy was ALL OVER the place and his forechecking was ungodly good.

VV seemed to have balance issues.

One thing we're going to notice tonight at least early is that Anderson's reluctance to call penalties will be tested tonight for sure. There will be a lot of embellishing and clutch and grab. Anderson set the bar last night and now that the teams think they know that it is open season (it is until Anderson states otherwise) they will stretch the boundaries of legality.

It could get ugly. Probably won't, but it could.

i like our team and feel no need to go player by player as i dont know enough about the little things regarding the sports of hockey but respect the opinions above. i think this years team is exactly what it is and thats a real team and thats what you need to win the big one. whatever happens happens but hak knows what hes doing with his players. some players may have off games but im not worried about anything regarding this team. we havent lost in about 2 months so keep it roling SIOUX!

5-0 sioux win tonight

A few things from last nights game that need to change:

1. This is a big one. Duncan needs to start doing more out there. Last night many passes went to him on odd man rushes and it seemed like he got the puck taken away every time. He needs to show why he won the Hobey last year if this team wants to win #8.

I think Duncan is more of a finisher. This year if he doesn't have his shot, he moves around trying to find one. While he will score some, he is apt to lose the puck as he isn't the biggest player out there. IMO, the difference is that he is trying to be a set up guy instead of a finisher. If he can't get off a shot, I would like to see him push it back to the point and maintain possesssion. That being said, he is still a major part of this team.

couldnt care less how may goals we score, just a simple prediction from myself :silly: a win is a win is a win at this stage and they have proved that through 16 games now with their stellar defense and the play from phil each night. 14 wins with 2 ties. we have only scored 6 total goals in the last 4 games but they got 3 wins and a tie in those 4 s not worried about how many we score.

its senior night and also a huge game for scsu trying for home ice. they just need a win or tie for home ice so lets prevent that from happening as well

5-0 sioux :D

couldnt care less how may goals we score, just a simple prediction from myself :silly: a win is a win is a win at this stage and they have proved that through 16 games now with their stellar defense and the play from phil each night. 14 wins with 2 ties. we have only scored 6 total goals in the last 4 games but they got 3 wins and a tie in those 4 s not worried about how many we score.

its senior night and also a huge game for scsu trying for home ice. they just need a win or tie for home ice so lets prevent that from happening as well

5-0 sioux :D

I agree but I would like to watch a game without my blood pressure going through the roof.

3-2 ...the fat people win. It will be a wake up call for the run here on thru Denver.

not sure about a wake up call but whatever happens happens , sioux win 5-0 and they salute diggler for being a 9th year senior along with kaip, phil, radke and bina :silly:

Hey for those that will be in attendance at the game tonight....

WiSioux, siouxforeverbaby, and I will be starting cheers for the seniors. It would be nice if you all joined in and thanked those boys with us! :D

i better hear them while watching online or you are fired like the trumpster says :silly: