SiouxSports.com Forum

raw talent

coach

yeah or nay

USA's best hockey talent comes from Minnesota?

Yeah, but only from that part of Minnesota that lies northerly and westerly of a line commencing at the Minnesota/North Dakota border at the point commonly known as Wahpeton/Breckenridge, thence northerly following Hwy 75 a distance of approximately 117 miles to that point commonly known as Crookston, Minnesota, thence easterly along a line following Hwy 2 a distance of approximately 250 miles to that point commonly known as Duluth, Minnesota and there terminating. Such area including the principal hockey hotbeds of Moorhead, East Grand Forks, Crookston, Thief River Falls, Warroad, Roseau, Bemidji, Grand Rapids, International Falls, Hibbing, Eveleth, Hallock, Baudette, Virginia, Bagley, Hermantown, and Duluth, also known as Sections 7 and 8. The rest of Minnesota, with but a few exceptions, actually produces some rather milktoast hockey talent, other than those Minnesota products who had the good fortune and the genuine foresight to hone their talents, both on and off the ice, at the University of North Dakota.

Yeah, but only from that part of Minnesota that lies northerly and westerly of a line commencing at the Minnesota/North Dakota border at the point commonly known as Wahpeton/Breckenridge, thence northerly following Hwy 75 a distance of approximately 117 miles to that point commonly known as Crookston, Minnesota, thence easterly along a line following Hwy 2 a distance of approximately 250 miles to that point commonly known as Duluth, Minnesota and there terminating. Such area including the principal hockey hotbeds of Moorhead, East Grand Forks, Crookston, Thief River Falls, Warroad, Roseau, Bemidji, Grand Rapids, International Falls, Hibbing, Eveleth, Hallock, Baudette, Virginia, Bagley, Hermantown, and Duluth, also known as Sections 7 and 8. The rest of Minnesota, with but a few exceptions, actually produces some rather milktoast hockey talent, other than those Minnesota products who had the good fortune and the genuine foresight to hone their talents, both on and off the ice, at the University of North Dakota.

are you a deed writer?? haha i've been drawing plats at work now for the last month and have read nothing BUT that kind of legal crap!!! haha

Instead of following Hwy 2 from Hwy 75 you should follow Hwy 10 east to Detroit Lakes then Hwy 34 to Hwy 371 then east on Hwy 200 to Hwy 2 then to Duluth since Duluth is east of Fargo and not Grand Forks. Or to be more technical Hwy 10 from Detroit Lakes to Motley then east on Hwy 210 to Duluth then Cloquet gets into the mix also.

I hear a good back-rub would get rid of that. I'll volunteer to help. :D

I have a bit of a headache too MafiaMan . . . .

Instead of being at The Ralph tonight, I will be in The John. Flying the Sioux colors watching the Gophers and the Bulldogs do battle in the annual Brown and Yellow Bowl.

God, I had scatological reference. I hate that.

Now, git on over to BIG and do the Lord's Work. Being a right solid Pa.

Yeah, but only from that part of Minnesota that lies northerly and westerly of a line commencing at the Minnesota/North Dakota border at the point commonly known as Wahpeton/Breckenridge, thence northerly following Hwy 75 a distance of approximately 117 miles to that point commonly known as Crookston, Minnesota, thence easterly along a line following Hwy 2 a distance of approximately 250 miles to that point commonly known as Duluth, Minnesota and there terminating.

Ummm... are you by chance a surveyor?

Center of Talent?

I'd say the Suburban East Conference with the exception of Cottage Grove and Roseville, and all the teams from the Lake Conference. Each of these teams, with the two exceptions, perennially have 3-5 future DI skaters on any given year.

With the exception of Roseville?? C'mon squirtcoach, can you say Hobey Baker? Marty Sertich. Andrew Carroll, assistant captain for the Bulldogs this year. I could go on and on. Cottage Grove might suck, but Roseville certainly produces its well fair share of D1 talent over the years. As compared to, say, Woodbury, Hastings, Stillwater, Forest Lake.

With the exception of Roseville?? C'mon squirtcoach, can you say Hobey Baker? Marty Sertich. Andrew Carroll, assistant captain for the Bulldogs this year. I could go on and on. Cottage Grove might suck, but Roseville certainly produces its well fair share of D1 talent over the years. As compared to, say, Woodbury, Hastings, Stillwater, Forest Lake.

Sorry NDH, didn't mean to dis your kids or anything, but Carroll is the only current Raider I could think of in D1 hockey, and he graduated what, 2002? Granted, I may have missed someone.

But Forest Lake has more, and Hastings has more in the WCHA. And if you count the private school kids from the Moundsview, Stillwater and Woodbury school districts playing D1, Roseville and Park don't even come close. Thngs are looking up for the Silver and Black, however Dorr will be playing DI next year to replace Carroll. And Mueller should end up somewhere, too.

Sorry NDH, didn't mean to dis your kids or anything, but Carroll is the only current Raider I could think of in D1 hockey, and he graduated what, 2002? Granted, I may have missed someone.

But Forest Lake has more, and Hastings has more in the WCHA. And if you count the private school kids from the Moundsview, Stillwater and Woodbury school districts playing D1, Roseville and Park don't even come close. Thngs are looking up for the Silver and Black, however Dorr will be playing DI next year to replace Carroll. And Mueller should end up somewhere, too.

No problem SqC. I pretty much deal in stale facts in all walks of life and am more about living in the past than in the present. I do not follow the high schools as closely as you obviously do so I will defer to your read. I really know little to nothing about the other Suburban East D-1 recruits, but it is great to see so many.

Of course, kids, and especially their parents, should well understand that there is absolutely no shame to playing D III, that D III is some great hockey that requires great talent, and that it is damned tough to even be a D III prospect.