SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

I'd have to be seriously pissed to watch basketball over hockey. No... I'd probably have to be out cold.

Never fear though, I would gladly watch basketball over Nascar. Both equally suck, but Nascar takes the cake. Need proof? Listen to KFAN when they have Nascar on. Simply unbelievable. Makes me want to run my car into something....but I avoid it by simply turning the radio off.

Harvard beat Quinn 11-0 and Michigan beat UNO 10-1.

Seriously...why does analysts take the CCHA and ECACHL seriously? UAA may still lose against Michigan or Harvard, but they'd at least make it competitive.

Well I am pretty seriously pissed, at least our basketball team comes out and gives 100 percent effort and plays a team game. Tubby makes a lot out of a little talent on our basketball team. Our hockey team has all the talent and manages to waste it, and thats what pushes me over the ledge.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that is 20-12 thank you very much...one game away from the Big 10 championship....

From now on gopherz is going to strictly talk in the 3rd person in this post. He is going to watch basketball tomorrow and not hockey out of being so pissed about the loss. Go GOPHERS (basketball)

anyone have a link?

I only have one thing to say about the Goofs-Mankato game last night. If I was a memeber of the Sheppard family I would be embarrassed as hell. I would be even more embarrassed if I was the head of the officials for the WCHA. That game was a joke and it was once again very obvious taht the Shappards will do anything to keep the goofs in a game.

What was with the non-call in the second OT? MN guy take a guy to the ice draped all over him and no call. I am going to call plays like that being Duncaned. With all the non-calls on Ryan over the last two weekends. I still can not see how the puck can be in your offensive zone and you have player changing up and call that to many men. I know that it is a judgement call and if the puck would have been played by the player leaving the ice it a penalty. But, from what I could see was that the puck did not make it to the players. At least MSU won.

Side note:

Did you hear the comment that was made in the second OT by Woog? He stated the next goal wins. REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!

I only have one thing to say about the Goofs-Mankato game last night. If I was a memeber of the Sheppard family I would be embarrassed as hell. I would be even more embarrassed if I was the head of the officials for the WCHA. That game was a joke and it was once again very obvious taht the Shappards will do anything to keep the goofs in a game.

I agree - that 1st O.T.had so many blattant Goph penalties that were not called that even Woog said "this is wrong". Frank of course just shrugged it off as normal - naturally.

I thought then and there that Mankato would need to take some liberties of their own - but never did. I also thought that if they would be called for a penalty - Jutting would have an aneurism (maybe even flip off the ref) - as would I. Well they were (non-contact of course) and the rest is poetic justice.

As I have said before, Woog is gaining more and more respect from me simply because he has become less of a homer and calls the game fairly. Frank M. should not be broadcasting. His comment of MSU "fans forget that this is a contact sport" after blatant UMN muggings in OT summed it all up.

One that is 20-12 thank you very much...one game away from the Big 10 championship....

From now on gopherz is going to strictly talk in the 3rd person in this post. He is going to watch basketball tomorrow and not hockey out of being so pissed about the loss. Go GOPHERS (basketball)

Is that just like being one game away from the Final 5? :D

All 3 (or however many there are) were there last night. Old man Shep was sitting next to us in the stands and Derrick and Brad were doing the game. I kept looking over and seeing Old Man Shep taking notes, probably something along the lines of "my kids suck"...or something like that. :D

Fun game to be at last night, Gophers had plenty of decent chances but either a) were too stupid to just take the shot or b) Zacharias SHUT THEM DOWN. Kid played his guts out last night, as well as Kangas. But Zach had a team in front of him helping out.

I agree - that 1st O.T.had so many blattant Goph penalties that were not called that even Woog said "this is wrong". Frank of course just shrugged it off as normal - naturally.

I thought then and there that Mankato would need to take some liberties of their own - but never did. I also thought that if they would be called for a penalty - Jutting would have an aneurism (maybe even flip off the ref) - as would I. Well they were (non-contact of course) and the rest is poetic justice.

Many comments in the MTU/UND game post about Thul and being very consistant last night.

What are the chances he will be reffing at the final 5 - NONE.

Get ready for the Shep - who will go out of his way to call pens on the Sioux.

actually - its just like the typical metropolitan minnesota fan behavior - good thing they have alot of teams to follow.

Why don't you move? Seriously, you wine ad nauseum about the metro. Crime, traffic and Minnesota fans in Minnesota rooting for the local U. If it was that bad you would move correct? If you are so damn miserable then leave. Please. :D

How did gopher baskeball arise? I think we (numbskulls) should stick to bringing Minnesota hockey and that's all on another University's board.

I think the officiating was bad all night, some non calls should have been made. Some maulings were not called. BOTH teams were getting away with penalties. Mankato fought through and got a good goal, tip my hat and play again tonight.

Nice win for you last night, sounds like you handed them their arse.

Dont know when that 1st SOG came, but it took FOREVER! Up until then, JPL could have minded his net from the comfort of his sofa. :D

According to quotes in today's paper, Russell thinks there should have been some shots credited to Tech apparently. I didn't see the first period so I don't know.

According to quotes in today's paper, Russell thinks there should have been some shots credited to Tech apparently. I didn't see the first period so I don't know.

My folks sat right behind the net where the Sioux shoot twice (Lammy in goal for the 2nd) and they kind of agreed with the Tech coach's assessment that the shot guy was on crack. Kind of wish they would have credited more shots to Tech since Lammy got the shut out cause it would have pushed Phil's numbers up even more.

Thank god the Gopher basketball team wins on one of the greatest shots in college basketball recent history or I'd be on suicide watch....

A great shot indeed, but, WOW, one of the greatest shots in recent history? That's a stretch. We're not talking about a Lorenzo Charles dunk at the buzzer to give a team an NCAA championship here. I bet you could find a dozen similar buzzer beaters from any regular season or conference tournament game this year alone. One of the greatest in RECENT HISTORY? Wow.