SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, just like Demarchi; tough as hell when someone's back is facing him.

bickels a chump compared to demarchi, have you watched bickel try to skate or try to get the puck out of his own end? demarchis my boy ;) and a jerk on the ice just like bickel but talent wise bickel doesnt have it right now

same with duncan and zajac ;)

zajac sure in that 1 instance but duncan, come on....1 CFB ;)

have fun with a team like scsu that can actually score this weekend.....the gophers will do nothing on the PP like usual but FAN on 1 timers and pass the puck around the umbrella and have 3-5 giveaways in their own end wanting kangas to save thier asses like every game

scsu3 umtc 1

just a tough hard-nosed hockey player

Bickel is a freakin' hack. I don't get how all the UM fans and broadcasters think he's such a tough guy. i haven't seen one situation that would back that up. i do know when things happen he tends slap opposing players in the head when the ref is holding the guy and he likes to chirp about "class" when he's hiding behind an assistant coach. ;) I'd take Dimarchi any day, at least he backed up his cheap shots.

Louie went as far to say, "Bickel, this kid is going to be a stud!" ;) Hillarious.

hey why not ;) at least it was bucky, i bet you dont have a problem with that :D

Absolutly not.....hence the wink at the end of the post. ;)

I for one like Bickel, he is a hard-nosed player as was said before. He sticks up for his teammates, I love the fact that Lucia has had to grab him by the collar a few times to calm him down. Does he do stupid things every once in a while? HECK YEAH, I'll totally admit it. Give him another year and by his junior he could be a damn good defenseman, he does seem to have a hard time getting the puck out of the zone at times and is not the best skater yet.

Absolutly not.....hence the wink at the end of the post. ;)

I for one like Bickel, he is a hard-nosed player as was said before. He sticks up for his teammates, I love the fact that Lucia has had to grab him by the collar a few times to calm him down. Does he do stupid things every once in a while? HECK YEAH, I'll totally admit it. Give him another year and by his junior he could be a damn good defenseman, he does seem to have a hard time getting the puck out of the zone at times and is not the best skater yet.

he is the first guy to hit for the gophers in years which makes him look tough and makes him a gopher fan favorite im sure. hes not a good skater or puck handler but that can come. demarchi could skate and play D, he gooned it up without a doubt but who cares ;)

bickels a chump compared to demarchi, have you watched bickel try to skate or try to get the puck out of his own end? demarchis my boy ;) and a jerk on the ice just like bickel but talent wise bickel doesnt have it right now

;) does that have anything to do with Demarchi being from Bemidji? LOL...

:D does that have anything to do with Demarchi being from Bemidji? LOL...

nope, just knowing him ;) hes a much better skater than bickel will ever be. i also find it funny when teams fans think their team has never had a so called "goon" on their team. they all have them over the years including the sioux ;)

he is the first guy to hit for the gophers in years which makes him look tough and makes him a gopher fan favorite im sure. hes not a good skater or puck handler but that can come. demarchi could skate and play D, he gooned it up without a doubt but who cares :D

Goon does! ;)

on another topic...not directed towards AZ...

I have to admit the pure hostility towards a kid(s) from another team you have never met is interesting. If a guy wears green, its great tough hockey, wears maroon and gold he is a hack...consistincey is the only point some of you recieve. Its hockey against a rival. Not only Sioux and Gopher fans need a reality check about how bent out of shape we get because a guy slashes once in a while... ;)

Goon does! ;)

on another topic...not directed towards AZ...

I have to admit the pure hostility towards a kid(s) from another team you have never met is interesting. If a guy wears green, its great tough hockey, wears maroon and gold he is a hack...consistincey is the only point some of you recieve. Its hockey against a rival. Not only Sioux and Gopher fans need a reality check about how bent out of shape we get because a guy slashes once in a while... ;)

yeah thats right but who cares. fans will be fans and thats what makes it fun and interesting to see different point of views all over the country slanted or not :D

NO, the reffing didn't cause the win, however, that being said, I am also not the only one that was disgusted with the way the series was called/reffed.

But that has more to do with the officiating sucking in this league en masse and not conspiring to fix games. As for claiming Gophers fans would have been up in arms about the officiating had they lost the series....

1) They lost Friday night and nary a word was said about the refs screwing the team and 2) I don't recall Gophers fans blaming the refs this season for a series loss one time. Not once.

I think it was also no coincidence that Shepturd was the official this weekend. If not why didn't another ref call the games this past weekend maybe say Mason?

If it's more than a coincidence than shouldn't UM have had significantly more PPs over the weekend?

nope, just knowing him ;) hes a much better skater than bickel will ever be. i also find it funny when teams fans think their team has never had a so called "goon" on their team. they all have them over the years including the sioux ;)

AZ, I was kidding of course but it is obvious that Matt is a much better player than Bickel will ever be.

But that has more to do with the officiating sucking in this league en masse and not conspiring to fix games. As for claiming Gophers fans would have been up in arms about the officiating had they lost the series....

1) They lost Friday night and nary a word was said about the refs screwing the team and 2) I don't recall Gophers fans blaming the refs this season for a series loss one time. Not once.

If it's more than a coincidence than shouldn't UM have had significantly more PPs over the weekend?

Slap Shot good to see you back; however, I have a black helicopter to take to fargo :) I just hope now that the final five is here we will finally see some objective officiating, the league has a big problem that needs to be fixed in the off season, come on we all know its true, whether we want to acknowledge it or not.

Of course some fans will poo poo it, but the reality is that the officals have a credibility problem in this league and the status quo is no longer good enough, especially if for some reason Randy Schmidt is wearing stripes next year. Its time to drain the swamp and start over, Brian Thul should be the rule not the exception. Of course youre going to get push back from the coaches of the have nots in the league because they probably like to see the whistles swallowed by the refs that allow for the clutching grabbing. Are all teams going to have to adjust to the games being called tighter, UND will as well... I just hope the WCHA teams are not going to be in trouble come NCAA time.

Other than to demonstrate that Gopher fans all wear halos, why are you posting here? After all, you are the same person that said on USCHO that "ND fans suck." If you don't like us, do us a favor and go away.

Other than to demonstrate that Gopher fans all wear halos, why are you posting here? After all, you are the same person that said on USCHO that "ND fans suck." If you don't like us, do us a favor and go away.

I will give Slap Shot credit he isnt' too bad :) I would buy him a beer if I ran into him this weekend.