SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild in Grand Forks?

stickboy1956

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a direct slam....

Your market wouldnt make sense beacause of the numbers. How many people in GF would spend $85-60 dollars to watch the Wild? Maybe 4k? I could see one game if the government would cover the lost revenue....hmm, that's what they do! it may happen! All the same, I would imagine the Mucci would likley be the correct place. Besides, we all know the suckage will be coming from Grand Forks next year. :D

Not a direct slam....

Your market wouldnt make sense beacause of the numbers. How many people in GF would spend $85-60 dollars to watch the Wild? Maybe 4k? I could see one game if the government would cover the lost revenue....hmm, that's what they do! it may happen! All the same, I would imagine the Mucci would likley be the correct place. Besides, we all know the suckage will be coming from Grand Forks next year. :D

You guys dont even have the correct size rink. So how would this be the correct place?

You guys dont even have the correct size rink. So how would this be the correct place?

It's not an ideal situation, you can build a smaller rink on an olympic sheet. Simpifying it greatly..they could use the Xcel style boards with different mounting brackets to utilize the UM sheet. I would think the DECC, if not under construction itself, would make more sense than all the way up to GF. The Ralph would be fun, I just dont see it happening. I have no inside info.

I think the REA will easily sell out at regular ticket prices. If the DECC is the only other option, it's no contest. They could probably convert the Mariucci, but it's not really that much better of an option to begin with.

Maybe they could play on the practice rink at the NHC. According to Craig Dahl, it "feels smaller".

I think the REA will easily sell out at regular ticket prices. If the DECC is the only other option, it's no contest. They could probably convert the Mariucci, but it's not really that much better of an option to begin with.

Maybe they could play on the practice rink at the NHC. According to Craig Dahl, it "feels smaller".

I think they are talking about having training camp in GF/Duluth, not a series of games. We'll probably still get 1 exhib. game at REA, no more than that.

If they wanted to stay in the TC they could use Ridder - it's an NHL size rink.

I think they are talking about having training camp in GF/Duluth, not a series of games. We'll probably still get 1 exhib. game at REA, no more than that.

That's what I thought, too. The RNC is Sept 1-4, and the hockey season doesn't start until the end of the September at the earliest. I can't imagine it would take longer than that to convert the boxes from TV studios back to suites.

If they wanted to stay in the TC they could use Ridder - it's an NHL size rink.

Ridder only holds 3,000.

The fact that its the Minnesota Wild, they all make more sense than REA. I just dont see the benifit to the Wild or NHL going up there. Kohl Center could work if they get to the length of REA options as well. Maybe an upper midwest tour?

Ridder only holds 3,000.

The fact that its the Minnesota Wild, they all make more sense than REA. I just dont see the benifit to the Wild or NHL going up there. Kohl Center could work if they get to the length of REA options as well. Maybe an upper midwest tour?

Being that it's the Minnesota Wild means it would make just as much sense to go to REA as it would to go to Kohl Center. Except when it comes to training facilities, REA has most places beat. Or is it common to have a 10,000 square foot weight room?

Being that it's the Minnesota Wild means it would make just as much sense to go to REA as it would to go to Kohl Center. Except when it comes to training facilities, REA has most places beat. Or is it common to have a 10,000 square foot weight room?

Lake Phalen... :D

yeah wisconsin makes much more sense since they are the minnesota wild

the rea blows many pro areas away with facilities. its a matter if they want to be in the city of grand forks i believe, the arena is a given

yeah wisconsin makes much more sense since they are the minnesota wild

the rea blows many pro areas away with facilities. its a matter if they want to be in the city of grand forks i believe, the arena is a given

You can stick a cadillac in a pasture, its still full of sh** when you drive it out. Having a nice building isn't the be all end all to operating a NHL team. I understand you are proud of your "diamond in the rough" up there. Not that it matters.....you have to understand these guys would have to live there for a short time, practice there, fly in and out of there, put up other teams there, sell suites, its not only about the building. Bash and hate all you want, defend your town and economy to the end of time. Bash the traffic and crime in the cities all you wish as well. GF couldn't sustain a NHL team for more than a weekend. Ask your ecomonics prof.

I was saying if you are going to go up there, the Kohl center and surrounding area has just as much to offer. Its all mute, its training camp anyway. They will not have a home game until a month later.

I would say the REA is better than most of the NHL arenas. Its not about the arena for sure.

I was saying if you are going to go up there, the Kohl center and surrounding area has just as much to offer. Its all mute, its training camp anyway. They will not have a home game until a month later.

I would say the REA is better than most of the NHL arenas. Its not about the arena for sure.

It's not all moot, though. If they are going to be somewhere other than "home" for training camp, why wouldn't they want the best of facilities to train?

You can stick a cadillac in a pasture, its still full of sh** when you drive it out. Having a nice building isn't the be all end all to operating a NHL team. I understand you are proud of your "diamond in the rough" up there. Not that it matters.....you have to understand these guys would have to live there for a short time, practice there, fly in and out of there, put up other teams there, sell suites, its not only about the building. Bash and hate all you want, defend your town and economy to the end of time. Bash the traffic and crime in the cities all you wish as well. GF couldn't sustain a NHL team for more than a weekend. Ask your ecomonics prof.

if you read my post i directly said the arena isnt he issue, its if they want to be in grand forks, you must have missed that part

I am sure if they choose the REA the games would be added to the current suite holders tickets and the game or games will be sold out as usual. Grand Forks is a border town and as Wild execs have said before it is great venue and opportunity to show case the NHL and expand the fan base. Seriously do you think staying in our so called pasture is any different than staying in MSP. Give me a break most pro players travel so much and often durring the season they hardly even know what town they are in anyway. They will be happy as long as they get there paycheck and a roster spot because frankly that is all that really matters to them.