SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakstol post-game comments:

PP was as sharp as it's been. Ran though every option we had. Could have had more. Their guy between the pipes did a very good job. That being said, we got enough to win. We got the 4 PP goals.

I think in the first 2 periods alone, Chorney had 8 shots alone. I don't know if they were all on the PP, but it helps.

They were aggressive on the PK, but I think they had to back off a little. You start questioning yourself a little bit when we're scoring on the PP that much.

Things got a little sloppy in the 3rd period. Maybe that's understandable a little bit, with the intensity. The intensity of going after the puck was still there. Have to build off the positives. The PP, the first two periods, and not everything in the third period was bad.

Watkins got all of his shot. He works on it, and he got all of it on his goal.

I'm sure they'll address staying out of the box for tomorrow night. They had their fair share of PP chances. I thought the officiating was real good tonight.

I would think we'll see a little more 5 on 5 tomorrow. It's all about tomorrow afternoon now. What's done is done, and we have to look forward to tomorrow.

Who did Hak say got hurt and didn't play in the 3rd??

Zach Jones- He said he did not know how serious it was but it was serious enough for him to leave the game for the 3rd.

hate to hear this. hope zach can play tomorrow. he has been really solid on the D end game after game.

At one point in the game I was just isolating on Jones on the PK as it was fun to watch him. The guy is always moving and he's SO quick and seems to be a very good skater. I'm bummed to hear he is banged up. Let's hope it's not a long term thing because this team needs him at tourney time.

Who is the idiot responsible for playing the music at the home games these days. Would someone please explain to him that "All By Myself" gets played for the opposition's penalties, not a Sioux penalty.

The BSU player was on the jumbotron the whole time. I think they probably had it set up for the next break in play and it happened to be a UND penalty that stopped play.

Went to HS school with Tyler Lehrke's dad - (BSU player who's in the penalty box)

I have it on good authority that Tyler's younger brother, Zach, would love to be a future Sioux player! He's having a great year playing hockey for Park Rapids this year!

I wouldn't get too excited. Obviously Zach has talent to put up those numbers, but they might have the worst schedule in MN.

Who cares. There were 4 or 5 little guys (5 or 6 yrs old) in front of me who were screaming for the student section to start it. They had so much fun when it actually happened it was worth it.

thats awesome. having fun with a game in hand. sweet!!

Did anyone else think that the CFB call on BSU was very weak? I didn't agree with it live and after watching the replay at home, I don't think it was the correct call. Duncan was closer to the boards than most players are when they get hit. Duncan also didn't really go into the boards, he more or less was already on the ice. I just didn't see a lot of danger in that hit. Maybe a 2 for X checking or boarding but thats it. It was a huge decision becuase the Sioux did not look good early and that call basically ended the game. I also think that Campion started reffing the scoreboard to keep it close (such as the goal that didn't count.)

Did anyone else think that the CFB call on BSU was very weak? I didn't agree with it live and after watching the replay at home, I don't think it was the correct call. Duncan was closer to the boards than most players are when they get hit. Duncan also didn't really go into the boards, he more or less was already on the ice. I just didn't see a lot of danger in that hit. Maybe a 2 for X checking or boarding but thats it. It was a huge decision becuase the Sioux did not look good early and that call basically ended the game. I also think that Campion started reffing the scoreboard to keep it close (such as the goal that didn't count.)

it was borderline but those calls are so tough these days. it seems like if its even in question the player gets the gate. cant be easy to call i only can imagine at the speed these guys play at.

Haven't had a chance to rewatch it at home, but I have a perfect view of the screen that the ref sees when reviewing it, and this is how I saw it:

-VV gets pushed from outside the crease into the goaltender...goalie goes down

-Puck bounces back out in front of the net, VV is in the process of getting up and out of the crease...goalie still down, no one around the goalie

-VV is well out of the crease now, puck is shot, no one in the crease by at least a couple feet, goalie still down, puck goes in.

I thought it was INSANELY obvious that it was a goal, but what do I know...I'm not one of the "professionals" that gets paid to make the right(?) call.

If anything from my view it looked like the goalie and VV got hung up and VV couldn't get out of the crease as fast as he would have liked too. That being said VV was not in the crease when the goal went in.

I think that was a goal in a 1-1 game, but Campion had too many marbles in the Sioux pocket at that point. If it would have mattered, I think we would have gotten a letter of apology from the league. I hear they have the process of sending out these letters automated now... :D

Haven't had a chance to rewatch it at home, but I have a perfect view of the screen that the ref sees when reviewing it, and this is how I saw it:

-VV gets pushed from outside the crease into the goaltender...goalie goes down

-Puck bounces back out in front of the net, VV is in the process of getting up and out of the crease...goalie still down, no one around the goalie

-VV is well out of the crease now, puck is shot, no one in the crease by at least a couple feet, goalie still down, puck goes in.

I thought it was INSANELY obvious that it was a goal, but what do I know...I'm not one of the "professionals" that gets paid to make the right(?) call.

My perspective on the replay was the same until after VV went down. He was slow to get up (I wonder if he was trying to draw a penalty?) and was slow getting out of the crease. The controversy lies in the position of VV's skate when the puck arrives. He was not completely out of the crease when the puck entered the crease. His skate was on the crease line when it entered the goal.

Campion must have thought that it was enough to warrant incidental contact negation of the goal. It wasn't blatent BS, but it still was the call that was made. I hate to say this, but if that was the case, then Campion made the call according to the rule book. I thought it was a goal too.

THe worst one I have seen of this was in the NHL. It was a few weeks back in the Ducks-Red Wings game. Holmstrom was screening Giguere and skates across the crease (from Giguere's right to left) to facilitate a shot on goal by Lidstrom. He was briefly in the crease but was clearly out of the crease before the puck reached the crease. The problem is, Giguere went right to left and RAN INTO HOLMSTROM. The puck goes in, the official waves off the goal and the Red Wings lose.

Which brings me to the JPL tip of the week: If you are being screened and nothing is being done about the person screening you. If the screener is right on the edge of the crease, JPL... RUN INTO HIM! That way the ensuing goal will be waved off due to "incidental contact with the goaltender." :D

Who cares. There were 4 or 5 little guys (5 or 6 yrs old) in front of me who were screaming for the student section to start it. They had so much fun when it actually happened it was worth it.

It was pretty entertaining to see everyone laugh as it picked up momentum.

My other out of game entertainment for the day was the teddy bear toss. We were in Row D at an angle behind the goal and I kept wondering if I'd make the throw over the net. I barely cleared it and then watched the bears from behind us start hitting the first couple rows. :D

The 1st two rows would then try to throw them over and couldn't eventually everyone was throwing them into the next section and all I saw was people taking head shots from teddys. :D

It was pretty entertaining to see everyone laugh as it picked up momentum.

My other out of game entertainment for the day was the teddy bear toss. We were in Row D at an angle behind the goal and I kept wondering if I'd make the throw over the net. I barely cleared it and then watched the bears from behind us start hitting the first couple rows. :D

The 1st two rows would then try to throw them over and couldn't eventually everyone was throwing them into the next section and all I saw was people taking head shots from teddys. :D

I Thought that was hilarious! nobody could get the bears over the net!

What was Serratore talking to campion about right after the bears where cleared? Was he pulling a Gwoz and upset that they let something like that happen during the game?