SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Augustana

SiouxMD

Greetings,

Less than 48 hours to the NCC Opener and a newbie has to start a thread?

Who's going? (I have to work...)

Final score? (UND 27 AUG 9)

Thoughts?

BTW, we are playing two different teams named the Vikings back-to-back. Someone want to call Tice and go for three in a row?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Augie always give UND such trouble? The Augie game always sends me down (bad) memory lane, so I've been reading old Augie game threads (better than newspaper clippings!) and it's really just crazy:

Sep 25 2004

Miserable offense, two interceptions, lots of penalties (incl. an inadvertant whistle!) D holds us in the game. Sioux win 13-7.

Sep 27, 2003

This season barely counts as the Sioux swept NCC play with half the games ending within 3 or going into OT. Every week opponents proclaimed that UND's "lucky" streak would come to an end. However, true to form, UND eeks out a 13-3 win over Augie.

The board didn't really have football talk yet in 2002, and that was hardly a banner year anyway, but the loss to Augie squashed any hope of a late-season turnaround.

I read Augustana's not very good this year, have already lost to Concordia-St.Paul AND the game is at UND, but if we win 45-10 I'll be feeling very good about this season.

Augustana is another ball control offense that can strike at any time. The short pass offense with a decent defense is what has given us trouble year in and year out. I expect another good game out of these guys. I think it will come down to special teams where we hold the edge. Dressler and Glas win this one for us, SIOUX 23 AUGUSTANA 10.

Augie 3 and out again, a poor punt. Sioux start inside the 50.

3rd and 10 for Sioux, pass to Grossman for 20, 1st down at the 23.

Beatty 6 yard run. Augie offside. 1st down on the 12 for the Sioux.

Beatty 5 yard run. Bellmore takes it in from the 7. 14-0 Sioux

Alright folks, not everybody is at the game, somebody must be by a radio or have a computer feed.  Hook a Sioux fan in the desert up, post those updates!  Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sioux 14

Augustana 0

7:42 remaining 1st quarter

Belmore run for the TD

Sioux sack Augie QB on 3rd down back in their own territory, 4th down Augie at their own 43.

Dressler returns punt for TD, 85 yards, guess that makes up for the fumble. 28-3

13:58 left in 1st half.

Dressler now tied with Lueck and Martinson for all time punt and ko returns for TD, at 3.

Sioux hold on 3rd and less than a yard. Augie punt coming up.

Dressler 23 yard return to the Sioux 46.

Beatty with a 10 yard run. Sioux running back getting big holes on the Kuper side of the line.

Beatty for 7 more. Pass to Groeschl to the 10, but Sioux getting a block in the back.

2nd and 1 Sioux at the 35. Beatty runs for 13, but more flags. Offside on Augie, 1st and 10 Sioux at the 22.

No gain for Beatty. Pass INC to Dressler, but holding on the safety. Pass to Grossman at the 10, 2nd and 7.

TD pass to Groeshl, 35-3

To read the posts here and the descriptions in the Heraldo.com, to watch Dressler in person it must look like he is toying with the opposition.  True statement?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would guess that's true, haven't seen him except on the Winona video feed.