SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UAA

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think Pogo will be our second-leading scorer this year, but has a lower ceiling than a guy like Kawaguchi or Mismash. I see those two as stars in the making. Adams just below that. Not sure about Jones. I still have this thought in my mind that he kind of muddled around at OSU and had to go back to Junior and don't expect a lot out of him. But, he's been getting rave reviews.

As far as Gardner goes, he needs to live up to his potential and I think we can both agree that it's there.

I agree that he physically has the tools/skills to be one hell of a player, but he rarely shows that in the right ways. It's one thing to get an athlete into better shape, but it's impossible to change a kid's demeanor or personality. I just see him as unenthusiastic lazy type of player that has already topped out because of his attitude. I'm sure he has an enormous amount of untapped potential that will most likely stay untapped due to just not caring enough. This is all just speculation, but it's the vibe I've seen from him over the past 2 seasons. He would be the last player I would put on the penalty kill or the checking line. He's more so the type of player I would post up in front of the net on the power play to get greasy goals since he's probably hard to move. I really don't see him fitting into any other rolls very well after that and I believe that will become more apparent this season. Put the tenacious, feisty and annoying forwards that love to finish hits and go 100 mph on the penalty kill and checking line...not the big slow lazy guy that gets one big hit a game after missing 15 others with his Angus-like reflexes. 

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Gardner needs a defining moment to erase the memory of the dirty penalty in the BC game.  Laying out a player on the Gophers with a clean yet booming check is his best chance in the near future. Bonus if it's a marquee player.

I bet he goes pointless through the weekend to extend his streak to 3 straight pointless games this season. But if he lights up noodle arm middlested during the goofs series, I will take back everything bad I've ever said about him! 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think Pogo will be our second-leading scorer this year, but has a lower ceiling than a guy like Kawaguchi or Mismash. I see those two as stars in the making. Adams just below that. Not sure about Jones. I still have this thought in my mind that he kind of muddled around at OSU and had to go back to Junior and don't expect a lot out of him. But, he's been getting rave reviews.

As far as Gardner goes, he needs to live up to his potential and I think we can both agree that it's there.

I'll say  1. Gersich 2. Adams 3. Mishmash 4. Kawa  5. Bowen  6. Pogo 

I just don't see anyway UND loses a game this weekend, UAA was one of the worst teams in the NCAA last year (I get it so was Michigan State). I feel great about this weekends games, one blow out, one closer game than we'd like.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I just don't see anyway UND loses a game this weekend, UAA was one of the worst teams in the NCAA last year (I get it so was Michigan State). I feel great about this weekends, one blow out, one closer game than we'd like.

Which means we'll lose one this weekend.