SiouxSports.com Forum

Good-bye Coyotes?

MafiaMan

Yotes to stay...Yotes to stay!!! There isn't a better hockey atmosphere than a home game at Jobing.com!! ;)

I'm picking up your sarcasm...one of three NHL teams playing to around 80% home capacity this season...yikes.

I'm picking up your sarcasm...one of three NHL teams playing to around 80% home capacity this season...yikes.

Family has property 5 minutes from arena. Very nice venue w good seats always available!! Kind of nice to sneak in 18 then head over for a game in shorts and flip flops when it's -20 in the RRV.

Family has property 5 minutes from arena. Very nice venue w good seats always available!! Kind of nice to sneak in 18 then head over for a game in shorts and flip flops when it's -20 in the RRV.

I was in Phoenix in December the first year the Jets spent in Phoenix. TERRIBLE sightlines at the old America West Arena so we moved down to the lower level for the third period. The Coyotes upset Pavel Bure and the Vancouver Canucks that day...good game. I agree 100% on the shorts and

flip-flops to the game...great time.

However, 13,000 and change for a home game this past season doesn't cut the mustard. Terrible decision by Glendale. What a boondoggle they've gotten themselves into. The buyout clause all but guarantees that the team will be gone in five years anyways.

A blog post I read a bit ago said it best...'Glendale is re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic...". I couldn't have put it better myself.

I was in Phoenix in December the first year the Jets spent in Phoenix. TERRIBLE sightlines at the old America West Arena so we moved down to the lower level for the third period. The Coyotes upset Pavel Bure and the Vancouver Canucks that day...good game. I agree 100% on the shorts and

flip-flops to the game...great time.

However, 13,000 and change for a home game this past season doesn't cut the mustard. Terrible decision by Glendale. What a boondoggle they've gotten themselves into. The buyout clause all but guarantees that the team will be gone in five years anyways.

A blog post I read a bit ago said it best...'Glendale is re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic...". I couldn't have put it better myself.

They knew it was a bad choice. At the same time what choice did they have? They have to keep paying for the arena one way or another. What really could Seattle or anyone else give the Coyotes that would be any better financially? Who says they would draw more fans in Seattle than Phoenix? The arena never should have been built to start and the Jets never should have moved to Phoenix. The old Glendale city council that started this mess had champagne dreams on a Old Style budget.

Especially if the Redwings or Blackhawks are in town. ;)

As a Detroit fan, this bugs me to no end...for crying out loud, it's Red Wings, not Redwings. Kind of like writing Fightingsioux instead of Fighting Sioux...

Goon, you pay attention to this post too.

• Upvote 1

As a Detroit fan, this bugs me to no end...for crying out loud, it's Red Wings, not Redwings. Kind of like writing Fightingsioux instead of Fighting Sioux...

Yawn!!!! Who cares, the Dead Things aka Red Wings or watching paint dry, will be getting their ass slapped around by the Eastern Division teams this year. Can't wait to see Milan Lucic grab one of non fighting turtles from Motown and watch him hammer them. :) JK...

Fixed my post....

Edited by Goon

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too much!

Can't wait to see Milan Lucic grab one of none fighting turtles from Motown and watch him hammer them. :) JK...

WTF, Goon, didn't you at least take English 101 while at UND? :p

I can't wait to see if Chicago puts Zdeno Chara's name on the Stanley Cup as a thank-you for all of his hard work this post-season. On the ice for 10 of Chicago's last 12 goals...that's pretty tough to do!

WTF, Goon, didn't you at least take English 101 while at UND? :p

I can't wait to see if Chicago puts Zdeno Chara's name on the Stanley Cup as a thank-you for all of his hard work this post-season. On the ice for 10 of Chicago's last 12 goals...that's pretty tough to do!

Nope! Criminal Justice and Sociology and the effects of Wednesday night specials from the El Roco. Ouch!!!!! At least Boston went further than watching paint dry this season. :)

Yawn!!!! Who cares, the Dead Things aka Red Wings or watching paint dry, will be getting their ass slapped around by the Eastern Division teams this year. Can't wait to see Milan Lucic grab one of non fighting turtles from Motown and watch him hammer them. :) JK...

Fixed my post....

Brendan Shanahan...Darren McCarty...Chris Chelios...yea, Detroit's recent history is full of turtles...

They knew it was a bad choice. At the same time what choice did they have? They have to keep paying for the arena one way or another. What really could Seattle or anyone else give the Coyotes that would be any better financially? Who says they would draw more fans in Seattle than Phoenix? The arena never should have been built to start and the Jets never should have moved to Phoenix. The old Glendale city council that started this mess had champagne dreams on a Old Style budget.

old style is good beer!