SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

Much to the chagrin of many on this board, IMO they have the best goal song in college hockey. Not that the song is that great, but EVERYONE in the building participates.

That Ole thing is quite possibly the most annoying thing I've ever heard in a hockey arena.

It may even have the Minnesota spellers beat.

:D

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flag isn't retired yet and the students are chanting EF the Gophers.

As for moving on, what the heck does that mean? I responded to DAR's post. Profanity at sports events is an ongoing problem. Don't go telling me I have to move on!!! :D

Eeesh, I didn't mean to start an argument. All I asked you was: What do you expect REA to do in that situation?

Yes, it was ill-timed. We all agree on that. But what is REA supposed to do? They can't play music to drown the chant out, and as AZSioux said, you can't kick the entire student section out.

That Ole thing is quite possibly the most annoying thing I've ever heard in a hockey arena.

Interestingly enough, I think I heard that being played in New Jersey's arena when the Devil's scored once. It was television, but I remember thinking "Oh, THAT'S where Mankato got the idea...".

I don't mind the Ole' thing. I have witnessed numerous MSU-M games against other teams and, either leading or trailing, that arena can be as quiet as a morgue, even after goals. I like the excitement the jumping and singing bring. Not being on campus and with consistent bottom 5 finishes anything that lights a fire in the students (and then the rest of the building) is OK in my book. Let 'em jump, they haven't had alot to cheer about lately.

I know the ushers can't do anything to stop certain chants. I said that tongue in cheek.

I pointed out that our students also use a EF *insert name here* chant. Someone else posted that out students chanted EF the Gophers before the flag was retired. This makes our students classless and disrespectful. So, we can't stop it because everybody does it, students will be students and, oh gee, what is the REA suppose to do about it. Doesn't mean I'm not going to say/post that our students are just as bad as the Mankato students when it comes to obscene chants. But, at least, our band isn't a part of the EF 'the whoever' chant.

I dont mind it either, and I wouldnt be surprised if my 7 year old busts out with a couple of Ole's when the Sioux score. We watched the Mankato games this weekend and we had a lot of Ole's going around, between all of us. It was fun, and the kids got a kick out of it. To me, it's something fun to do when your team scores. IMO, it's better than the beer song. ;)

The M-I-N-N- etc. Annoying as it is to us, that's just their way of fun for a goal. Possibly the only reason everyone finds it so annoying is EVERY PERSON IN THE BUILDING DOES IT! That and the Gophers scored. :D That is the point, afterall....get the entire building into it.

The Sioux fans (students) need to come up with something here, and we already know that in heaven there is no beer.

IMO, it's better than the beer song. ;)

Now that's just crazy talk right there.

The M-I-N-N- etc. Annoying as it is to us, that's just their way of fun for a goal. Possibly the only reason everyone finds it so annoying is EVERY PERSON IN THE BUILDING DOES IT! That and the Gophers scored. :D That is the point, afterall....get the entire building into it.

The Sioux fans (students) need to come up with something here, and we already know that in heaven there is no beer.

Agreed with this. It's annoying to hear the MN cheer because we hate the idea that they scored, but personally I think it's a great cheer. Being a fan of gopher basketball, I've enjoyed that chant immensely standing in the stands while the gophers beat Bobby Knight, for instance.

Now that's just crazy talk right there.

Agreed with this. It's annoying to hear the MN cheer because we hate the idea that they scored, but personally I think it's a great cheer. Being a fan of gopher basketball, I've enjoyed that chant immensely standing in the stands while the gophers beat Bobby Knight, for instance.

well it seems like many schools do the beer song and the sioux do it the most but its fun as hell

the sieve chant is great after we score but maybe if oshie scored the place yells oooooooooooooooooooshie, ooooooooooooooooooshie

or biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina til the puck drops in the middle

i loe the anaheim song or wild song when they score as it gets the whole crowd into it. i like that better than a chant really....

these 2 are great as the crowd rally gets loud

wild goal song

ducks - at the end you can hear it, i like this one

Interestingly enough, I think I heard that being played in New Jersey's arena when the Devil's scored once. It was television, but I remember thinking "Oh, THAT'S where Mankato got the idea...".

Mankato has actually done this for several years now.

Mankato has actually done this for several years now.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/166275/world_cup_ole/

I'm not sure why there's a chicken in this video. Maybe the creator of the video heard about a Sioux fan throwing a live chicken onto the ice at the old Ralph??

Ole has been used as a soccer chant for a looooong time. I think other sports fans just picked it up 'cause, well, it's a catchy tune and the words aren't hard to learn. I think it originally came from bullfighting. After a good move by the matador, the fans yell OLE'!! Don't know why.... :D