SiouxSports.com Forum

Oops that should have been a goal

Sioux Hockey Fanatic

So now that the WCHA is saying the referee made a mistake at the DU/WIS game on Friday night and the goal should have counted. Does anyone know what they are planning to do about it? Or can they do anything about it? I watched the video on youtube and it looked pretty obvious that it should have counted 2 of the refs where signaling goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaYNZkDwdAY...amp;t=t&f=b

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is two now by Schmidt this year and both in Denver's favor. The reffing in this league is horrendous and has been for years and for a league that has such consistanly STRONG teams it's a shame to tarnish our league with below sub-par reffing. What is really sad is it's not just one ref, but all of them. I never hear a refs name that I don't go "Oh SH(*&(^^@T" :D

This is two now by Schmidt this year and both in Denver's favor. The reffing in this league is horrendous and has been for years and for a league that has such consistanly STRONG teams it's a shame to tarnish our league with below sub-par reffing. What is really sad is it's not just one ref, but all of them. I never hear a refs name that I don't go "Oh SH(*&(^^@T" :D

And Schmidt should no longer be allowed to ref games in this league. There is no excuse for that kind of incompetence.

Did anybody see goal at the end of the period in the UM and SCSU game? i didn't see it, but heard it was close.

Yes,

It went in just as time ticked to 0. Apparently the light switch is somehow connected to the clock so if time is out it locks the switch so it won't switch. But if Frazee would have his head out of his rear end it would be a non issue--it was sorta like the goal Bina scored on him last year.

So that was the end of his game for the night.

Do I even need to say anything here?

Ok, insert the usual rant about WCHA Officiating here, but I will add one graphic reference to Greg "I suck at life" Shepherd.

Here's a cartoon depiction of Greg Shepherd's apology to UW.

shrug.gif "I sowwy. But I can't do nothin' bout it because I'm an incompetant boob and my officials are only doing what I expect of them."

Does anyone have a link to a comment from the WCHA re: WI/Denver? Regarding the FSM/YouTube clip, do we know if the FSN clock is actually synced the real game clock - if not then we don't have the official time on the screen.

RE: Frazee, it was no goal because the play was offside. SCSU didn't argue much, if not at all.

Regardless, WCHA officials are the worst in sports, period

Yes,

It went in just as time ticked to 0. Apparently the light switch is somehow connected to the clock so if time is out it locks the switch so it won't switch. But if Frazee would have his head out of his rear end it would be a non issue--it was sorta like the goal Bina scored on him last year.

So that was the end of his game for the night.

what is the actual rule on this, is it like in basketball where as long as a player releases the ball before the clock hits zero the shot counts or is it the puck has to be in the net before the clok hits zero for it to count?

Man I'd be PIZZED :D

I think we all should be pissed. The officiating has screwed up a number of games for us over the years. Considering this is the pinnacle of college hockey and the officials are well paid we should get better.

The fact that it was a rival that got screwed shouldn't matter. We should all demand integrity from the WCHA. We don't get it.

why couldn't they replay then end of the game last night, the heat and the hawks in the nba have to replay the end of their game on friday night next month becuase the official scorer messed up. somebody's head needs to roll over this, schmidt's, greg shepherd or commissioner bruce's. this is a joke.

why couldn't they replay then end of the game last night, the heat and the hawks in the nba have to replay the end of their game on friday night next month becuase the official scorer messed up. somebody's head needs to roll over this, schmidt's, greg shepherd or commissioner bruce's. this is a joke.

because it must not be i the rules to do that. just a disaster for the wcha. joke because sconnie and du would have each had the chance to grab 2 points but that was taken away from sconiie.

Anyone think that maybe the WCHA should clean house with all referees this season? Get a whole new start on everything

As long as the don't take Shep! Normally I would only say this because it would ruin many great chants but he actually has been calling some good games in the recent past.