SiouxSports.com Forum

Oops that should have been a goal

Sioux Hockey Fanatic

The only problem is, who is allowed to fire Greg Shepherd....the coaches? If it is the coaches, I see it hard to have him voted out. How many out of the ten would it take? I'd say probably seven votes:

UND: Yes

DU: No

MSU: No

SCSU: Yes

UAA: No

MTU: Yes

UM: No

CC: Yes

UW: Yes

UMD: No

It would be 5 to 5. I don't think that's enough to get it done. I took the two teams that benefit most from WCHA calls...UM and DU. Then I took the three lowest teams that also benefit from the WCHA due the the style of the reffing...MSU, UAA, UMD. Those teams like it because they play on a closer playing field in a WCHA than if we had good refs like other conferences.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Manbearpig is the tiebreaker. :silly: But seriously, how come no one is looking at the real root of the problem - the Commissioner. Really, what has he done for the benefit of the league. The officiating is mediocre at best. There is no league-wide TV deal. The NCAA tourney selection criteria were changed in a way that seriously harmed the league and will continue to do so. About the only good thing I can think of is the use of replay on goals, but obviously even that hasn't gone smoothly.