SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the first two lines are going to be matched up, same as last saturday. I think Miller fits in well (because he is skilled) with Oshie and Duncan. I also like the idea of VV, Watkins, and Kaip because it is similar to that same line last year (VV, Watkins, Porter). Kaip can be a Porter type player. We'll see how Zajac, Frattin, and Trupp play together. There are some high expectations right now for Frattin compared to the rest of the freshmen fowards, so we'll see how he steps up.

I like how the first two lines are going to be matched up, same as last saturday. I think Miller fits in well (because he is skilled) with Oshie and Duncan. I also like the idea of VV, Watkins, and Kaip because it is similar to that same line last year (VV, Watkins, Porter). Kaip can be a Porter type player. We'll see how Zajac, Frattin, and Trupp play together. There are some high expectations right now for Frattin compared to the rest of the freshmen fowards, so we'll see how he steps up.

I think frattin will be a big time scorer before he leaves UND

From Brad's Blog.

UND's lines

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--14 Brad Miller

19 Evan Trupp--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

26 Kyle Radke--22 Brad Malone--10 Andrew Kozek

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Michigan Tech's lines

9 Malcolm Gwilliam--14 Peter Rouleau--23 Tyler Shelast

11 Jordan Foote--22 Jordan Baker--19 Jimmy Kerr

28 Derek Kitti--13 Ryan Angelow--21 Ryan Bunger

16 Bennett Royer--18 Alex Gagne--27 Justin St. Louis

12 Geoff Kinrade--10 John Schwarz

4 Mark Malekoff--5 Drew Dobson

26 Deron Cousens--8 Mike VanWagner

37 Rob Nolan

29 Michael-Lee Teslak

Hasktol's pre-game comments:

You have to adjust to your appointment to a certain degree, but not really; we want to play our game and make them adjust to us. They're a tough team defensively, but they can get up and go too. I expect a tough two games.

They drive hard to the top of the crease, whether be from the cycle or coming up ice on a rush. They rely on good depth all the way through. They seem to need to have 4 lines play to play well, and we're just like that. We need all 4 lines to play well all the way through.

VV's line stays the same. Oshie's line stays the same. Hopefully, they can all start to build some chemistry. One thing we changed up is moving Zajac to Trupp and Frattin. Zajac has looked very good during practice so we made that move. Now they have to make it pay off in a game.

Tech is a very experienced team. They're absolutely grounded with their juniors and seniors and they stick well to their system. At this time of year, everyone has experience. I expect everyone to go out and play their best.

Don't know if it really matters what happened with Nolan last time. We still have to get to him. Have a feeling we'll see Teslak tomorrow night.

10 teams playing in the league. Points will be won and points will be lost. We want to be the team to pick up some points this weekend.

We've been working hard to get our PP on track. This is a big weekend to get it on track. Our PK has been pretty good, but I'm really looking this weekend for our PP to step forward.

We've been a pretty consistent hockey team all the way through. It seems like when we do make mistakes, they seem to cost us all the way through this year. That's a simple fact. Hopefully, we're growing and building as a team.

We need Phil to be good tonight. That's an obvious. He's limited his sub-par performances. He knew he didn't play that well Friday and he came back strong Saturday. We need him to be strong tonight.