SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

Solid win all around tonight that puts us in third place. And that should be our goal for the regular season. I don't want to hear about finishing in the top five or fighting for "the fifth and final home playoff spot". :D The goal of this team should be to finish third. It is doable. It is a reasonable expectation. 1st and 2nd are probably unreachable, but 3rd place is up for grabs. All we have to do is play more consistently game in and game out and I think we will secure it. Third place would give us a more favorable first round match-up and keep us out of the play-in game at the Final Five (no team has ever won the Final Five after playing on Thursday).

Bring on Michigan Tech! :)

This has probably been mentioned before, but if we do end up placing somewhere between 3rd-5th, with the way things are looking now, we could be seeing the goofers back at the Ralph in March. :lol:

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw Motzko go off on Vandy. Real classy coaching. Also before the game I was sitting next to 2 St. Cloud fans and they asked what the Sioux had against Roe and I jis had to laugh later after the 2nd period when I saw Roe complaining looking like he was ready to cry to Anderson. I lost what little respect I had for that little whiney s&!t.

We saw that too. Finally Anderson just pointed at the locker room and told Roe to move along.

Great win and fan support again for the Sioux. A buddy of mine from St.Cloud was very impressed with all the fans we had in attendance. I was hoping that Dunn would have finished the game so I could shout, "It's Over Dunn!" I thought the same about Roe, saw him whine a lot. Looking forward to the next series. Anyone in the St.Cloud area can watch the Sioux home games at Ultimate Sports Bar in Waite Park with a lot of great Sioux fans.

We yelled that at Dunn after his first goal! ("Dunn, you're done!). I just KNEW that was an original one. :D

I saw it. Sioux-cia and I were at Overtime to watch the game, sitting right in front of a TV. I read his lips and looked at Sioux-cia and asked if she saw it. She didn't, but I was almost possitive thats what he said. Very classy, coach. :lol:

I was drinking my adult beverage. :D

I saw it. Sioux-cia and I were at Overtime to watch the game, sitting right in front of a TV. I read his lips and looked at Sioux-cia and asked if she saw it. She didn't, but I was almost possitive thats what he said. Very classy, coach. :D

I saw it clearly on the internet broadcast. The camera was close-in on Motzko's face. Couldn't miss it.

Great character win for the boys tonight. They needed this, and it needed to be more than a 2 goal win.

I thought they handled the puck a lot similar to last night, but just got the breaks tonight that didn't bounce their way last night.

D looked better tonight, but Genoway's gotten into a bad habit of stabbing at the puck, giving up some horrible odd man rushes. Finley just abused people all night!! We were 9 rows up RIGHT next to the student section, Finley went behind the net had the puck with one hand threw a shoulder/elbow and sent the Clownie flat on his back!

Line shake up seems to have done the trick, but I am still missing what Miller and Martens bring to the ice. I'd like to see Malone back on the all rookie line with Trupp and Frattin, they looked much better together last night.

The tallies tonight were all great goals. We were in the 2nd period end and right in front for Oshie's goal, it was a thing of beauty. VV's roofer was in out so fast it didn't even move the water bottle.

But the absolute best part of tonight's game, for this humble fan, was watching the Sioux after the Clownie's scored - they came back with relentless pressure. As the saying goes, that first shift after a goal is critical for both teams. The Sioux did the same after their goals, but they really seemed to get an extra jump after a big Clownie rush or after the 2 goals. That has not been the case on a consistent basis this season. Even though a sweep would have been better, I take that as a major step forward and maybe 'the' defining moment as the start of the stretch run. Guess we'll see next weekend against the Engineer Students who happen to play hockey.

This has probably been mentioned before, but if we do end up placing somewhere between 3rd-5th, with the way things are looking now, we could be seeing the goofers back at the Ralph in March. ;)

Bring them on they do not scare me one bit.

The tallies tonight were all great goals. We were in the 2nd period end and right in front for Oshie's goal, it was a thing of beauty. VV's roofer was in out so fast it didn't even move the water bottle.

That's actually because VV's roofer hit the pipe in the back of the net.