SiouxSports.com Forum

Rob Bollinger

Displaced Nodak

Hell of a coach, superb as the first director of the Fighting Sioux club. Driving force behind uniting former UND FB players and expanding that communication beyond FB to include alumni and friends of UND atheltics.

UND athletics is much better off because of Rob's work. He was one of the best recruiters UND has ever had.

I am not saying he would be a candidate for returning to coaching or not. Don't make the mistake of underestimating what Rob has done for UND athletics. The Fighting Sioux Club got off the ground and grew so much faster because of the work Rob Bollinger did.

For those hockey fans who think he is a FB guy and the hockey coaches wouldn't want him, I spoke to two of the assistants last summer at one of the Siouxper Swings and they said he would be a great AD. (Doesn't mean Blais wouldn't be good also). The fact is Rob would be a great AD. He was a great coach for UND during the transition period which set the platform for the success we have had for the last 15 years. His work with the Fighting Sioux club has benefitted every athlete, program and coach at UND. He could be an excellent Head Coach if he chose to or an excellent Off. Coordinator. I haven't heard he wants to return to coaching but don't underestinmate either his ability to coach, his ability to communicate and recruit, his teambuilding skills and fundraising ability. If he flunked you in your phy-ed class when he was teaching you should have gotten your butt to class but don't make derogatory statements that aren't backed by facts.

There are others who would be a good AD or coach but he would be an excellent choice at either job if he chose to do either.

I got an A in racquetball, but had to sweat it out a bit because he hates to lose. :lol: The rumor was if you beat him he would give you a lower grade, but truth was if you showed up and passed the written test you got what you deserved. We had a some pretty good players in that class, I think only 3 of the people were able to beat him though.