SiouxSports.com Forum

So what did everyone get?

richthorpe

It wasn't easy to find but I finally got a Grieco game worn nike swift jersey for xmas :glare::lol:

:lol: it must have some nice bench marks on it, maybe a snag on the arm from opening and shutting the bench door and a nice dark mark from that puck that got fired into the bench ;)

whats the next jersey? a michael lee jersey when he joins another wcha team when the time comes :D

A VERY nice Sioux fan sent me a silver tumbler with the Fighting Sioux logo on it--this in addition to sending me tapes of all the North Dakota games throughout the year. A big THANK YOU!!!

Hint--she is one of the few people walking around Grand Forks eating salt water taffy :glare:

You guys will not believe this. Mr. RWD and I got Gopher sweatshirts from his parents. Not as gag gifts, as gifts they thought we would really enjoy. His dad even said to me "It's all Minnesota, right?" as I sat there, wearing a UMD stocking cap (and my new Wild jersey from Mr. RWD that I get to have customized!!!).

So, yeah. Merry F-ing Christmas to me. ;)

You guys will not believe this. Mr. RWD and I got Gopher sweatshirts from his parents. Not as gag gifts, as gifts they thought we would really enjoy. His dad even said to me "It's all Minnesota, right?" as I sat there, wearing a UMD stocking cap (and my new Wild jersey from Mr. RWD that I get to have customized!!!).

So, yeah. Merry F-ing Christmas to me. ;)

Thanks go to Mr. RWD for having his head in the game. Now, he must teach his parents a thing or two about Minnesota. :D

How are you going to customize your jersey?

EDIT: and when are you going to return your sweatshirts? ;)

Thanks go to Mr. RWD for having his head in the game. Now, he must teach his parents a thing or two about Minnesota. :D

How are you going to customize your jersey?

EDIT: and when are you going to return your sweatshirts? ;)

They... just don't get it. I tried to explain. They also have never heard of gift receipts.

I don't know what to get on the jersey. Parrish or Koivu? I can't decide.

My niece sent me a vintage copy of "Sniglets" by Rich Hall. This is a collection of words that aren't in the dictionary but ought to be. My favorites are "hempennant" (any article of clothing that gets caught in the car door and travels down the highway in said condition), "idiot box" ( the printed square on return envelopes that shows you where to put the stamp in case you can't quite figure it out yourself) and "fenderberg" (that solid chunk of ice and snow that accumulates in the wheel well of an automobile). It was one of the books that my niece and I would read together when she was a little kid.

The neighbor kids gave me a Sioux keychain with my name on it and a light-up Sioux hockey player wall decoration which I will plug in for mood lighting while listening to away games on radio. I got a gift card to Hugo's (everybody eats), and Christmas cash which I converted to a Jeopardy DVD game, a new coffeemaker (actually 2 new coffeemakers because, on the the third day of using the first new one, I cracked the decanter and there were no replacement carafes in that model) and a George Foreman grill. Also, JFR was kind enough to send me genuine salt water taffy from the Jersey shore. Once it thawed out, it was delicious!

All in all, an embarassment of riches.