SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC Tournament

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these on TV now? Or, when do we get to start watching them?

Unless something changes, the only games that will be on television in the U.S. will be the medal round games, which will be carried on the NHL Network. As of now, only the Canada games are available online in terms of watching. U.S. games are carried live on USA Hockey's website but only offer audio, no video.

Unless something changes, the only games that will be on television in the U.S. will be the medal round games, which will be carried on the NHL Network. As of now, only the Canada games are available online in terms of watching. U.S. games are carried live on USA Hockey's website but only offer audio, no video.

It's all a bunch of crap! Canada shows all their games (okay, it is Canada though); but Russia televises all their games (sure, it's a tad closer to the Czech Republic than the States but c'mon!). We should at least see it on NHL Center Ice. Love this tournament but continue to only be able to listen to games via audiocasts on the internet, as it's been the last 6+ years.

They were talking about the draft on tsn.ca (World Juniors Wrap-up on broadband), and Bob McKenzie talked about the draft. He stated that Steven Stamkos would go higher than Tavares, according to the majority of most GM's, as he's more of a complete player than Tavares at this point. He also stated that this is why Stamkos is playing a regular shift, while Tavares is the 13th forward.

What's Bob's brother Doug doing these days?

It's all a bunch of crap! Canada shows all their games (okay, it is Canada though); but Russia televises all their games (sure, it's a tad closer to the Czech Republic than the States but c'mon!). We should at least see it on NHL Center Ice. Love this tournament but continue to only be able to listen to games via audiocasts on the internet, as it's been the last 6+ years.

Agreed. Last year, TSN was able to carry several of the U.S.' preliminary games, so Center Ice picked those up and showed damn near all of them. I'm guessing the same would have held true this year, but TSN is not airing the U.S. prelim games. Still though, it's bush league of USA Hockey to not offer a web feed (video) for these games. They could even charge $10 or something for a tournament package to cover any minimal costs. Even smaller DI schools stream their college hockey games live online these days, so it can't be too costly and/or complicated.

Agreed. Last year, TSN was able to carry several of the U.S.' preliminary games, so Center Ice picked those up and showed damn near all of them. I'm guessing the same would have held true this year, but TSN is not airing the U.S. prelim games. Still though, it's bush league of USA Hockey to not offer a web feed (video) for these games. They could even charge $10 or something for a tournament package to cover any minimal costs. Even smaller DI schools stream their college hockey games live online these days, so it can't be too costly and/or complicated.

Yet they can show us the team on a small bobsled track on their day off, as well as highlights of the game, in their All Access Pass. Perhaps they should upgrade the All Access Pass to include the show that really matters!

I'm guessing that it would be quite a bit more expensive to produce and stream a hockey game from Europe than having permanent broadcast facilities and hiring college students on a part time basis to shoot the game here in the States. And potentially having 2 different rinks to broadcast from would add to the problem. Are there enough fans in the US willing to pay to have those games available?

I'm guessing that it would be quite a bit more expensive to produce and stream a hockey game from Europe than having permanent broadcast facilities and hiring college students on a part time basis to shoot the game here in the States. And potentially having 2 different rinks to broadcast from would add to the problem. Are there enough fans in the US willing to pay to have those games available?

If you wanted to have replays, a nice on-screen graphic package, etc., then yes, it would be pretty spendy. But I think that they could do a "bare bones" approach (one camera, no replays, etc.) for a pretty minimal cost.

If you wanted to have replays, a nice on-screen graphic package, etc., then yes, it would be pretty spendy. But I think that they could do a "bare bones" approach (one camera, no replays, etc.) for a pretty minimal cost.

I have a video camera! Set me up with some plane tickets, cover all other expenses, and give me web access, and I'll broadcast it! :glare:

Considering the U20 team is the pinnacle of all our USA Hockey fees they extract from us coaches, players, and kids the bare bones approach would be nice. I guess I'll just be glad they are playing decent to start this year.

First Periods are over with good news.

USA 1 Russia 0

Canada 1 Sweden 0

Although I am Canadian I must admit that I think this USA team might be your country's best ever in terms of balance and are my pick for Gold. The Canadian team may have the talent and speed but they are depending on too many underagers this year, second youngest Canadian team ever at the tournament. Can't wait to watch Tavares here in Ottawa for next years tournament.

First Periods are over with good news.

USA 1 Russia 0

Canada 1 Sweden 0

Although I am Canadian I must admit that I think this USA team might be your country's best ever in terms of balance and are my pick for Gold. The Canadian team may have the talent and speed but they are depending on too many underagers this year, second youngest Canadian team ever at the tournament. Can't wait to watch Tavares here in Ottawa for next years tournament.

yeah if KO doesnt quit halfway through ;) sorry, is was a hanging curveball and i had to smack it

canada game on here. didnt see a usa game link

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

yeah if KO doesnt quit halfway through ;) sorry, is was a hanging curveball and i had to smack it

canada game on here. didnt see a usa game link

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

He could quit and it wouldn't matter to this team ;) All of the forwards are contributing with VanR and Ruesegar (sp?) as the two standouts thus far today.

He could quit and it wouldn't matter to this team ;) All of the forwards are contributing with VanR and Ruesegar (sp?) as the two standouts thus far today.

sweden is a solid team. fun game to watch. the announcers stated tavares is climbing up the depth chart like crazy, he was also on the 2nd PP unit

Team USA Wins

USA 3 : RUS 2 Final

Goals:

1st Pd

1: USA, Rugsegger (okposo, schroder) 11:31 PP

2nd Pd

2: RUS, Cherepanov 8:35

3rd Pd

3: USA, van Riensdyk (Rakhshani) 3:01 PP

4: USA, Carmen (Geoffrion, Summers) 7:14

5: RUS, Tikhonov (Sayustov) 14:36

Carmen 3 penalties in the last period and a half. Obviously Campion wasen't the ref because he dosen't call penalties against goofers