SiouxSports.com Forum

Target Center Game

siouxguyinstpaul

From the Fighting Sioux website....

Tickets can be purchased at the UND ticket office or by calling (701) 777-4689 or via e-mail at tickets@theralph.com.

Fighting Sioux fans are also invited to attend a pre-game party prior to the game against Bemidji State at Champs Sports Bar on 6th Street in Minneapolis, directly across the street from the Target Center. The pre-game party is scheduled from 4:30 to 6:30 and includes a full food and beverage menu.

Not that I mind ... but does anyone know why they are playing in the Target Center?? Just seems weird that UND would play ... of all teams ... Bemidji State ... at the Target Center??? :lol:

This was discussed briefly on the coaches' show a couple of weeks ago. Basically, both teams need games. In the past, they've played home-and-home most seasons. Bemidji (for whatever reason) didn't want to travel to GF this year. UND didn't want to travel to BSU without a corresponding home game. So this was the compromise. I think what makes it more attractive to UND is the fact that the twin cities are obviously a primary recruiting area.

Got two "vouchers" this morning. Should be fun as I rarely get to the Target Center and even more rarely get to see the basketball team play. Maybe I'll try and say hello to coach Roebuck as he was my old baseball coach at Devils Lake way back in the mid 70's

Are the women playing at the Target Center as well?

oops - never mind - the women are not there - my mistatement

I looked it up and the women play Montana State the night before in Grand Forks...so I suppose it is possible that Roebuck may go as a fan.

If I were a bigger fan of basketball I would consider making the road trip for this one. Have fun at the game.

This was discussed briefly on the coaches' show a couple of weeks ago. Basically, both teams need games. In the past, they've played home-and-home most seasons. Bemidji (for whatever reason) didn't want to travel to GF this year. UND didn't want to travel to BSU without a corresponding home game. So this was the compromise. I think what makes it more attractive to UND is the fact that the twin cities are obviously a primary recruiting area.

Thanks! Clears that up ..... thinking of taking my nephew down to watch the game.

Thanks ... never thought of that ... thanks for the insight. All I did was ask a simple question and you come back with that comment?

I was trying to answer the simple question you asked.

Forgive me for assuming but I thought you might have already knew the obvious answers:

This will help recruiting in the Twin Cities area.

This will help promote the University of North Dakota in a unique way to people outside their usual demographics meaning possible increased enrollment.

It will give the administration insight into future games there with other teams.

Have a Great Day!

I was trying to answer the simple question you asked.

Forgive me for assuming but I thought you might have already knew the obvious answers:

This will help recruiting in the Twin Cities area.

This will help promote the University of North Dakota in a unique way to people outside their usual demographics meaning possible increased enrollment.

It will give the administration insight into future games there with other teams.

Have a Great Day!

Never A$$-U-ME :D ... thank you for explaining yourself ... no hard feelings I hope :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I was there and would have guessed the atendance to be around 400 - $6.50 for 12 oz. bottle of beer - I only bought one. Good game though.

Nice guess - boxscore says 453.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/downloads1/30...DB_OEM_ID=13500

If they were to try again with a rivalry game, decent notice, and a better date, it could draw decently. But this had none of those...