SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or US College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the expressed written permission of the author.

From the Green Mill, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux associate hockey coach Cary Eades.

TH: It's a long break for the Sioux until the New Hampshire series after Christmas. You probably have it down pretty well what you do and what you don

Thanks, PCM! You must have carpal tunnel syndrome after typing all that in. :lol:

Nice to get Cary Eades' perspective this week. Looking forward to (hoping for!) a dominant second half. As dissatisfied as we all feel right now at least we're in better shape than we were at this time last year!

Wow, Cary talks a bit more than Hak, eh?

Actually, I got an important call about the Fighting Nokotas nickname project right before the coaches' show started, so I put my digital recorder next to the radio and recorded the show. I can include a lot more detail when I can pause and then type. It takes longer, but it's nice to be able to expand on comments a bit more than usual.

Thanks again for relaying the coach's show. We all appreciate it.

The evaluating comments make me wonder what they are thinking about changing. Line shuffling is pretty easy to do; i wonder what else they are contemplating?

As we hit the halfway point I think it is important to evaluate the team this far.

Special teams: Power Play unit 1 gets a "B-", Power Play unit 2 gets an "F" PP taken as a whole C-

Penalty Killing has been very good "A-"

Goaltending: Noone started out hotter than JPL. He is still playing very well. "A"

Defense: In the defensive zone "B+", breaking the puck out "D+", In the offensive zone "B-" Taken as a whole C+

Offense: Transitional hockey "B+", cycling "B-", finishing "C-", forecheck "B", backcheck "B-" Taken as a whole B-

Team grades: C-, A-, A, C+, B- cumulative: B-

If I recall correctly, the problem with the WCHA 'trying' the NCAA rules was the inconsistency in calling penalities. This resulted in quite an outcry from fans and coaches alike.

Maybe, but my recollection is a lot of screaming about all the penalties, and no flow to the game, etc. The way I remember it the fans weren't willing to be patient enough for the coaches and players to finally adapt.