SiouxSports.com Forum

How sad are the Twins

Fetch

looks like the Yankees dont like to be bullied around..."I want to get it done by tonight, one way or another"-Hank Steinbrenner on the Santana talks.

If I was Hank I diffentely wouldnt be pushing the Twins away from you because as everyone in baseball knows the Yankees always have poor pitching and if you scare off the one team that has an ACE pitcher wanting to trade to you, you dont make such frivolous demands!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the Yankees dont like to be bullied around..."I want to get it done by tonight, one way or another"-Hank Steinbrenner on the Santana talks.

If I was Hank I diffentely wouldnt be pushing the Twins away from you because as everyone in baseball knows the Yankees always have poor pitching and if you scare off the one team that has an ACE pitcher wanting to trade to you, you dont make such frivolous demands!

If Hank Steinbrenner was indeed talking publically about acquiring another player (Santana) under contract to another team (Twins), that may be considered tampering by the league. That team (Twins) may get compensation from the Yankees for that. :lol:

If Hank Steinbrenner was indeed talking publically about acquiring another player (Santana) under contract to another team (Twins), that may be considered tampering by the league. That team (Twins) may get compensation from the Yankees for that. :lol:

I guess the Twins might be filing tampering charges against the Yankees!

If Santana must go, I hope he goes to Boston.

The Yankees are evil. :D

The Sox are worse... they embody every negative aspect which people use as reasons for hating the Yankees. I can accept the Yankees using payrolls to win championships, but when Boston does the same thing and Sox Nation uses that same fact to hate the Yankees makes them worse. There is a hypocritical aspect to the Red Sox that makes me cheer* for the Yankees.

* for lack of a better word. I am Twins through and through, and if a team ends in -Sox no matter which color I despise them...

I hope Santana does not go to Boston

The Sox are worse... they embody every negative aspect which people use as reasons for hating the Yankees. I can accept the Yankees using payrolls to win championships, but when Boston does the same thing and Sox Nation uses that same fact to hate the Yankees makes them worse. There is a hypocritical aspect to the Red Sox that makes me cheer* for the Yankees.

* for lack of a better word. I am Twins through and through, and if a team ends in -Sox no matter which color I despise them...

I hope Santana does not go to Boston

Anywhere is better than the Yankees.

• 2 weeks later...

This is insanity. If Silva is worth that much, Santana should get $35 M per year. Ridiculous. I hope Seattle gets burned on this one.

Not as bad as you're making it sound, there's absolutely no pitching on the market and Silva is a durable 3 or 4 starter who can give you 200+ innings a year, especially for a team with atrocious starting pitching.

Not as bad as you're making it sound, there's absolutely no pitching on the market and Silva is a durable 3 or 4 starter who can give you 200+ innings a year, especially for a team with atrocious starting pitching.

It is as bad as it sounds. If Silva is your 3rd or 4th starter, that means you are paying 2 or 3 guys even more. Say they average $14 million (probably low), that's $28 plus Silva is $40 million. Add in a closer, the rest of the bullpen and a 5th starter and you are going to be well over $50 million for just your pitching staff. And most teams pay less than 50% of their payroll to the pitching staff. Now you have a payroll of well over $100 million and possibly well over $120 million. I am pretty sure that not too many teams not named New York, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles can afford payrolls over $120 million.

A year ago people were amazed that the Twins would resign him for $4 million. Now he's worth triple that much?

It is as bad as it sounds. If Silva is your 3rd or 4th starter, that means you are paying 2 or 3 guys even more. Say they average $14 million (probably low), that's $28 plus Silva is $40 million. Add in a closer, the rest of the bullpen and a 5th starter and you are going to be well over $50 million for just your pitching staff. And most teams pay less than 50% of their payroll to the pitching staff. Now you have a payroll of well over $100 million and possibly well over $120 million. I am pretty sure that not too many teams not named New York, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles can afford payrolls over $120 million.

A year ago people were amazed that the Twins would resign him for $4 million. Now he's worth triple that much?

Ok, now repeat that post to us in English.

Ok, now repeat that post to us in English.

I'll keep it simple just for you. Seattle paid way too much for Silva. The absence of quality free agent pitchers does not make a number 3 or 4 starter worth $12 million per year unless you have a payroll of more than $120 million. Very few teams can afford that much payroll.