SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone like Music ?

Fetch

This one was a no-brainer. One of the best songs of all time. Seven out of ten high school band directors agree! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EBMo8xHGNs

I was already thinking of that song if I got "I"! Love that one.

When I moved to the Cities in 1988, there was a group that played the hard rock bars here called the Speed Kings. They were a fantastic show. They put out a CD and had at least a couple of killer original songs. Never have been able to find one though.

Ok, I need to go find a J.....

Can another old guy play? A lot of great choices for L, but this is one of the great party bands.

One of my top handful of best songs ever. Along with the Doobie's "Black Water" no matter what my circumstances I always feel good hearing it.

Ok, I really wanted Angry Eyes by Loggins & Messina (hey, why should Messina be cheated because Loggins' name is first?) but couldn't find a youtube vid. Great song. But, it's such a great day today (at least in Mpls) that I think I'll give a nod to Mungo Jerry since it feels so much like In The Summertime.

Back to the A-Z, in the late 70's my brothers and I painted houses in the summer during high school/college in a little town in NE South Dakota. Our little transister radio only pulled in KFYR out of Bismark. Certain songs can pull you back to a certain place, time or activity. This song by Poco takes me back to warm lazy prairie summers and....paint. We didn't paint In The Heart Of The Night but this song still takes me back to the smells, sounds and feels of that time.

Back to the A-Z, in the late 70's my brothers and I painted houses in the summer during high school/college in a little town in NE South Dakota. Our little transister radio only pulled in KFYR out of Bismark. Certain songs can pull you back to a certain place, time or activity. This song by Poco takes me back to warm lazy prairie summers and....paint. We didn't paint In The Heart Of The Night but this song still takes me back to the smells, sounds and feels of that time.

This one from Quincy Jones takes me back to my grandparents' living room...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WqazleR3FE

Call me an interloper if you wish, but I could only think of one band that starts with 'U'.

***edit*** Well, there's also U2, but I refuse to acknowledge them as "classic rock".

I don't think U2 would fit in Shawn-O's 70's A-Z fantasy anyway...Great choice!

Ok, so no one wants to take a stab at X? I wonder why.

I'll take a shot. I'm going to pervert the rules, so feel free to give a game DQ to this suggestion. I couldn't come up with a 70's band/artist that started with X. So I thought, hmmmmm, maybe we go with a guy named xirdneh imij (if you look at his name in the mirror) and play something from one of his very last shows. This selection is from a show in Copenhagen just a couple weeks before his death.

Jimi Hendrix Playing Copenhagen, Sept 1970.

Ok, so no one wants to take a stab at X? I wonder why.

I'll take a shot. I'm going to pervert the rules, so feel free to give a game DQ to this suggestion. I couldn't come up with a 70's band/artist that started with X. So I thought, hmmmmm, maybe we go with a guy named xirdneh imij (if you look at his name in the mirror) and play something from one of his very last shows. This selection is from a show in Copenhagen just a couple weeks before his death.

Jimi Hendrix Playing Copenhagen, Sept 1970.

All I could come up with was this, and I don't know if that officially would qualify, either.

XDreamysts

More Xdreamysts