SiouxSports.com Forum

Imagine if you will

Sioux17

I am sure there has been a discusion about this already but i thought this might be fun

What if no one left school early lets start with the year ZP and Bo left early. What would the lines be?

Would parise, duncan, toews skate together. sparky, stafford and bo. imagine corney, green, smaby, lee, finley, bina, jones has our defense.

i'm curious what you all think if no one left early

my thoughts are this

2004-2005

Parise, Bo, Murray

Stafford, Zajac, Sparky

McMahon, Fylling, Genoway

Prpich, Porter, Kaip

Green, Jones

Schneider, Fuhr

Bina, Smaby

Brandt, Parise, Lammy

2005-2006

Parise, Toews, Stafford

Murray, Zajac, Sparky

Oshie, Duncan, Prpich

Potter, Kaip, Fabian

Green, Smaby

Chorney, Lee

Bina, Finley

Parise, Lammy, Walski

2006-2007

Duncan, Oshie, Toews

Murray, Zajac, Stafford

Sparky, Potter, Kozek

Fabian, Kaip, Watkins

Smaby, Genoway

Chorney, Lee

Bina,Finley

Parise, Lammy, Walski

Ant other thoughts.

Can you say #8,9,10

I've had those thoughts too, but in all fairness you would have to also assume that other schools had no early defections either.

Exactly...coulda...woulda...shoulda....the Gophs would have been right there with us with some stacked lines and D as well. Early defections are part of the deal. If there was a rule that all players had to stay 4 years the top players would not play college hockey and the sport would not be what it is today.

No defections would certainly change the parity situation in college hockey. For the most part there's only a few schools that get hurt year after year with early defections.

I think it's great for those players that leave early and have a successful year in the NHL, (ie. Toews, Zajac.) What I don't understand is the clubs paying top dollar for a player to play in the minor leagues for a season or two (ie: Zach Parise who was signed for the strike year. (Of course he had to take the money that was on the table.))

No defections would certainly change the parity situation in college hockey. For the most part there's only a few schools that get hurt year after year with early defections.

I think it's great for those players that leave early and have a successful year in the NHL, (ie. Toews, Zajac.) What I don't understand is the clubs paying top dollar for a player to play in the minor leagues for a season or two (ie: Zach Parise who was signed for the strike year. (Of course he had to take the money that was on the table.))

A lot of clubs want their prospects to develop in the AHL with their coaches etc rather than in college. Often it is up to the player if they want to do that ie Brian Lee this year or if they want to stay in college and play ie Finley or Chorney. Lee probably knew he had little chance of making the big club but chose to spend the year in Binghamton rather than UND.

A lot of clubs want their prospects to develop in the AHL with their coaches etc rather than in college. Often it is up to the player if they want to do that ie Brian Lee this year or if they want to stay in college and play ie Finley or Chorney. Lee probably knew he had little chance of making the big club but chose to spend the year in Binghamton rather than UND.

something gives me a gut feeling it will be more than a year if he doesnt improve a lot.

something gives me a gut feeling it will be more than a year if he doesnt improve a lot.

many players spend a year + in the AHL before heading to the show. pretty much every player unless your toews, EJ and company pay their dues in the AHL

He wanted to but the powers that be said school first, school second and hockey a distant third.

Instead of focusing on his life after hockey he took the easy route and went to the NHL.

Barring a serious/career-ending injury in the next 5 years, I don't think he has much to worry about after his career in the NHL.