SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or U.S. College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the express written permission of the author.

From the Green Mill, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol who's on the road to Houghton.

TH: How did practice go today?

DH: It went reasonably well. We

Hak going to bounce around the lines. My guess is that Trupp gets a chance at the top line. I like his answer though that we may see Chorney up there! :crazy: Thanks PCM.

THANKS!

yeah maybe trupp or my other guess maybe kozek with oshie and duncan??

or does vande slide to center on top line and move oshie to wing with duncan, i like the way that vande line has played though

THANKS!

yeah maybe trupp or my other guess maybe kozek with oshie and duncan??

or does vande slide to center on top line and move oshie to wing with duncan, i like the way that vande line has played though

give kozek the spot! I think he'd kick arse on the Doshie line :huh:

yes there is a webcast on techs site. its 11.95 for month or something like that, so 6.00 per sioux game. there are threads on this info

Uses the same site/service as the Sioux webcast subscriptions. Guess hockey worked a couple weeks ago although Sioux football has been hit and miss. So maybe we (sioux fans) can lock up the whole tech webcast also.

Oh, and thanks for the coaches' show report, PCM.

Forney, Oshie, and Duncan?? anyone

For some reason I was thinking the same thing. Hak always said last year that he wanted Forney to be a top 2 line guy and not a 3rd or 4th line grinder. But who knows maybe he'll throw him with those two to give him some confidence but I wouldn't bet on it.

Based on performance so far, I have to believe it will be Kozek.

Oshie, Duncan and Kozek

Kaip, Watkins and Frattin

Vandevelde, Trupp and Miller

Zajac, Radke and Martens

Forney rides pine

We need to work on the breakout. Hopefully we can get our ducks in a row.

that looks correct to me. i could see forney jumping in for martens, though.

Hmmmm.....when I say that Frattin didn't click with Osh and Duncs I get ripped a new a-hole...but now that Hak sees the same thing no one mentions anything.

Anyways...I hope it's Kozek, but I think it will be Trupp on that first line. The reason I say Trupp is because he isn't the same grinder that Kozek is (although he has potential...his size limits him tho), so I'd say put the scorer with the other scorers and their speed. I'd like to see a line of Vande centering Kozek and Frattin. That'd be the Special Ops line because they'd be some nasty snipers.

Based on performance so far, I have to believe it will be Kozek.

Oshie, Duncan and Kozek

Kaip, Watkins and Frattin

Vandevelde, Trupp and Miller

Zajac, Radke and Martens

Those would be some pretty nice lines.

Hmmmm.....when I say that Frattin didn't click with Osh and Duncs I get ripped a new a-hole...but now that Hak sees the same thing no one mentions anything.

Anyways...I hope it's Kozek, but I think it will be Trupp on that first line. The reason I say Trupp is because he isn't the same grinder that Kozek is (although he has potential...his size limits him tho), so I'd say put the scorer with the other scorers and their speed. I'd like to see a line of Vande centering Kozek and Frattin. That'd be the Special Ops line because they'd be some nasty snipers.

kozek has been labeled as a grinder only because he hasnt cracked a top 2 line on a nightly basis at UND,only reason. hes a goal scorer that can flat out mash out on the ice. he can score and so far this year he has shown something. kozek tore the bchl up so there is something there and maybe its coming out as we speak. that would be a hell of a bosst for this sioux team!!

and you said that after 1 game regarding frattin where he played well :huh: sorry, no brownie points for you :crazy:

kozek has been labeled as a grinder only because he hasnt cracked a top 2 line on a nightly basis at UND,only reason. hes a goal scorer that can flat out mash out on the ice. he can score and so far this year he has shown something. kozek tore the bchl up so there is something there and maybe its coming out as we speak. that would be a hell of a bosst for this sioux team!!

and you said that after 1 game regarding frattin where he played well :huh: sorry, no brownie points for you :crazy:

If Kozek can grind, and is mainly used as a grinder on this level, then to me he's a grinder. We all know he has the ability to be put on a top two line because of his intensity and scoring ability, but he's good at hitting people and making people work. So, if he's used as a grinder, I dont' think it's wrong to label him a grinder.

Also, I'm just that good to notice it after game 1. :huh:

If Kozek can grind, and is mainly used as a grinder on this level, then to me he's a grinder. We all know he has the ability to be put on a top two line because of his intensity and scoring ability, but he's good at hitting people and making people work. So, if he's used as a grinder, I dont' think it's wrong to label him a grinder.

Also, I'm just that good to notice it after game 1. :huh:

im not sure why players have to be labeled. scorer, grinder, enforcer. and yes he has been on a 3rd or 4th line so far but i think that may change with how hes came oput the first 3 games. if hes scoring now and kicking ass out there as well than great. if he does get that top line forward spot he has a hell of an opportunity there. i guess we will find out friday night