SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA News

Sioux

I'm just curious to see how you guys spin this to blame it on the Gophers and WCHA refs! :lol:

well you brought it up so congrats, you are one yourself then ;)

you and many other gopher fans seem to have a nice interest in what a select group of sioux fans think :lol:

complex?? pretty much every thread in GPL a gopher fan brings up this about all sioux fans, interesting. obsession anyone with select sioux fans thoughts? hmmm maybe.... :lol: funny s$t

nice pic in your gpl sig, your new favorite goalie, she looks familiar. ill tell her you said hi :D

I'm just curious to see how you guys spin this to blame it on the Gophers and WCHA refs! :lol:

LOL

Well since you ask I'm not blaming it on the refs, but for all we know this is common practice for Gophers but the Minneapolis Media Monopoly (except channel 9 of course) and the WCHA league office covered it up.

(Just kidding, I only said that for fun and FHG challenged us)

But yes it is bogus political correctness gone wild.

Surprised Rev. Al Sharpton isn't involved with this one yet.

I am sure he will be before it is all said and done. I am thinking the Coaching staff took care by suspending his players before it spun out of control.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/players_28...le_student.html

The players were not allowed to practice or participate in any team activities for two weeks, including an exhibition against University of Calgary. They returned to practice Oct. 8, played in an exhibition against the U.S. under-18 team Oct. 12, and are expected to be in the lineup during this weekend's series against Minnesota.

The "neat" thing about that punishment is that it isn't punishment at all.

Ok, maybe missing practice might be punishment. But seriously, how much of a deterrent is not being allowed to play in an exhibition game?

Stats don't count...game doesn't count. Therefore, I argue the suspension doesn't count.

They just got a two week vacation that's all.

Whoopdedoo.

The "neat" thing about that punishment is that it isn't punishment at all.

Ok, maybe missing practice might be punishment. But seriously, how much of a deterrent is not being allowed to play in an exhibition game?

Stats don't count...game doesn't count. Therefore, I argue the suspension doesn't count.

They just got a two week vacation that's all.

Whoopdedoo.

yup and thats what all other teams probably would have done as well

Not exactly sure where to put this, so I guess this thread is as good as any :lol:

WCHA team by team preview

NORTH DAKOTA

On the marquee: W Ryan Duncan is the reigning Hobey Baker Award winner and C T.J. Oshie, Duncan's linemate, is dynamic enough to win the Hobey this season.

Strengths: A deep, veteran offense and defense in front of senior G Philippe Lamoureux.

Concerns: The psychological barrier of getting over the hump. North Dakota has come home from the last three NCAA Frozen Four empty-handed.

Bottom line: The Fighting Sioux are prohibitive favorites to win the national title.

Wisconsin connection: Freshman D Derrick LaPoint is from Eau Claire.

NORTH DAKOTA

Concerns: The psychological barrier of getting over the hump. North Dakota has come home from the last three NCAA Frozen Four empty-handed.

This is the first time that I have seen this, but I have to agree this is the concern. They played very well in 2005, and not so well in 2006, and 2007 at the frozen four. A little less bad luck and 2005 could have been a win as they most certainly outplayed DU. Goaltending just didn't get it done in 2006. And 2007, could have been a different outcome minus 1 very poor call, (but give BC credit, they did play well enough to win).

But given all of that, the playoffs are one and done so can they put it together for four straight games? I think the Sioux are the best team in college hockey, BUT will they be the best team in those 4 straight games?