SIOUX vs BISON Game Thread

AZSIOUX

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it worked on sioux-cia :lol::silly:

sounded like you cared :p

so i cant have a opinion and since it differs from you thats a concern to you? i forgot that rule here :lol:

not that big of a deal, really, wow........ from the two coming in my OWN opinion i though lapoint would get the nod. hell i could be wrong and could give 2 shi!s if i am..wouldnt be the first time...halarious ;)

Forney is pretty much starting out as a freshmen because he battled through an injury last year. He didn't get time in the weight room, which means that he is still pretty thin. I was impressed with Marto's play tonight. This team isn't not going to be like last years team in the sense that there are multiple guys to go to every night. Last year's team I felt was a one line team for the most part. This team is going to have a good amount of guys that will step up everynight.

i only watched the first two periods, but i liked the depth of the lines. I thought zajac looked much more comfortable on the ice with his line than he did at any point last year.

good to see watkins and kozek as well, i think they will shine when expected to score.

i only watched the first two periods, but i liked the depth of the lines. I thought zajac looked much more comfortable on the ice with his line than he did at any point last year.

good to see watkins and kozek as well, i think they will shine when expected to score.

I think we could see an offensive juggernaut this year...

I thought there was still a waiting list for season tickets?:silly: Apparently not!

I know two groups alone who quit the season tickets. To expensive and yet alone they are being very unfair and unprofessional. Long story. Look at the benefits of the coaches club for example. It still shows pregame socials as a benefit, but that hasn't existed for two years. Whoever runs the ralph needs some serious TQM. No offense, well, ok maybe some. The ralph, management wise, is falling apart. unless your a big name of grand forks

I know two groups alone who quit the season tickets. To expensive and yet alone they are being very unfair and unprofessional. Long story. Look at the benefits of the coaches club for example. It still shows pregame socials as a benefit, but that hasn't existed for two years. Whoever runs the ralph needs some serious TQM. No offense, well, ok maybe some. The ralph, management wise, is falling apart. unless your a big name of grand forks.

The Ralph has nothing to do with benefits for Fighting Sioux Club members. That is all up to the Fighting Sioux Club and the UND athletic department. That is where the ball has been dropped. The Ralph's new manager is top notch.

Lees number has officially been taken over. Malone played very strong, very agressive and wow, for the first "exhibition game" he showed his value for the team for the future.

Trupp, holy quick and what a defensive play to save a two on one! (plus a goal)

Welcome to the captain spot Kaip, you proved yourself more than enough for one game and Im sure for the rest of the year.

The best part was kaips second goal when malone took out the team during the celebration!

Four quick goals, looking so easy, is only a glimpse of what this team is planning on doing the rest of this year.

And Oshie, this guy is amazing to watch...Watch his stick/skate movement and you'll be more than impressed. He's gained weight(in a good way) and has more balance than ever. Hes definitely a force to be reckoned with this year, wow! He stays healthy and gets the hobey this year! :silly:

Basically all the rookies this year made an ok, if not great, statement tonight and I think this is a great year to see sioux hockey.

Exhibition or not, this team made a statement tonight and I can't wait to be able to compare them to state next saturday. I think sioux dominate. Trupp w/ two goals!

p.s. I think Kozek dropping his eye tech and going for the black mask will triple his goals!

The Ralph has nothing to do with benefits for Fighting Sioux Club members. That is all up to the Fighting Sioux Club and the UND athletic department. That is where the ball has been dropped. The Ralph's new manager is top notch.

didn't know that. Its on the ralph.com so I'll still blame who I want to :silly: The value of a dollar should be fullfilled as far as I see it and basically us season ticket holders are paying more and getting the 'quoted' benefits ripped out underneath us.

Lees number has officially been taken over. Malone played very strong, very agressive and wow, for the first "exhibition game" he showed his value for the team for the future.

Welcome to the captain spot Kaip, you proved yourself more than enough for one game and Im sure for the rest of the year.

The best part was kaips second goal when malone took out the team during the celebration!

Four quick goals, looking so easy, is only a glimpse of what this team is planning on doing the rest of this year.

And Oshie, this guy is amazing to watch...Watch his stick/skate movement and you'll be more than impressed. He's gained weight(in a good way) and has more balance than ever. Hes definitely a force to be reckoned with this year, wow! He stays healthy and gets the hobey this year! :p

Basically all the rookies this year made an ok, if not great, statement tonight and I think this is a great year to see sioux hockey.

Exhibition or not, this team made a statement tonight and I can't wait to be able to compare them to state next saturday. I think sioux dominate. Trupp w/ two goals!

p.s. I think Kozek dropping his eye tech and going for the black mask will triple his goals!

:silly: shouldnt be that hard. that would be 15 goals :lol: i think he will double it face shield or not. (10-20) from him would be nice!!

:silly: shouldnt be that hard. that would be 15 goals :lol: i think he will double it face shield or not. (10-20) from him would be nice!!

:p I hardly recognized him tonight. I wonder why he made the change? He always stood out with the eye tech

EDIT: And triple the goals, for the team we have this year, will be plenty

Finally able to comment on tonight's game.

First things first, it feels great to have hockey season back.

Glad to see the first goal go to such a good guy like Kaptain Kaip, also glad to see the hat trick, someone has been working hard in the offseason, also noticed his faceoffs were really good.

I think after the 1st period Hak went into the locker room with a piece of paper and said, "This color is white, we are wearing this color tonight, you pass to the same color, there is your first lesson of the season." The second and third were night and day.

We got two bad bounces in the first, and lets hope there out of our way for the rest of the season, I'm feeling the bounces will fall our way this year after seeing goals like Kaip's 2nd and 3rd, Oshie's, and Bina's or Genoway's shot that took the cap off the water bottle.

Never seen 3 goals in :49 seconds, and who else has.

LaPoint is a skinny boy, but that will change after a year in the REA weightroom.

Anyone find it a little sad to see a new person in a #19 jersey, anyone think some of Trupp's manerisms resemble a certain Prpich?

Anyone think it was a bogus attendance the REA announced tonight, 11,007?

Anyone think Hak treats today like a kids first day of school, fresh haircut, new suit, new shoes, organized desk, anxious for what lies in the year to come?

Bike is not as good as last years, glad to hear some new music, and looking forward to a great game next week, can't wait to see this team after a week of practice, when was the first official practice?

article and pics up on the herald online

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...;section=sports

"It wasn't a good start for (Lamoureux), but those things are going to happen," Hakstol said. "It was a tough night for him very short. He didn't have the opportunity to come back and redeem himself and that's one of the real qualities about Phil. He's a battler. He'll come back to work on Monday and be fine."

1008sioux3.jpg

And Oshie, this guy is amazing to watch...Watch his stick/skate movement and you'll be more than impressed. He's gained weight(in a good way) and has more balance than ever. Hes definitely a force to be reckoned with this year, wow! He stays healthy and gets the hobey this year! :lol:

Yep, it has definitely been awhile since we saw a #22 Sioux jersey play the body. Malone was very impressive.

This may have been brought up already, I didn't check the forum while I watched the game, but does anyone know anything about Forney? I thought it was strange that he was not at least given a look if he is 100% healthy. Maybe Hak based his decision off how everyone practiced the day before. Hopefully we will get to see him and Davidson at some point this year.

Overall, I thought the team looked good. I was impressed by all the freshmen that played. Malone is quite physical, Frattin will work out well on the Duncan and Oshie line, Trupp worked hard at both ends and should develop nicely. I thought Lapoint was pretty composed, but agree he needs to put on some mass. Marto had alot of jump, I don't envy Hak, he has some tough choices on his hands.

I thought that Frattin struggled on the Duncan Oshie line comparitively to others...granted, it was the first game, and essentially the second practice.

He definitely had his chances. I remember two of them in the same shift, back to back. He'll be fine on the line, or wherevere else Hak decides to put him. Also, how easy can it be to look as good as your two linemates when they're names are Duncan and Oshie?

He definitely had his chances. I remember two of them in the same shift, back to back. He'll be fine on the line, or wherevere else Hak decides to put him. Also, how easy can it be to look as good as your two linemates when they're names are Duncan and Oshie?

I thought Duncs and Osh were supposed to make the OTHER guy look good...oh well. I liked our depth at scoring last night. I know it was only Manitoba, but everyone looked like they could score.

They played Manitoba....i just pray we all keep this in context. Many things were there to be happy with, dont get me wront...but Manitoba was just awful last night and i dont know how many people noticed that. They couldn't get the puck out of their zone, and not because of the forecheck, but because they just couldn't. Their pp was awful and again not because of our killing. Not to mention they were tired and it looked it. For instance the goal kozek scored when he poked it around that guy. Apparently checking was optional because in any WCHA game he would have been down on the ground. We just can't get to high off this one guys but its a great great place to start. Now lets see what happens next saturday because it will be a damn fun one to watch and it will be fun to see them play a real team!

I thought that Frattin struggled on the Duncan Oshie line comparitively to others...granted, it was the first game, and essentially the second practice.

So by what or whose standard did he struggle. Toews?

I thought he looked fairly comfortable for a freshman and had his chances. He even threw a few good hits.