SiouxSports.com Forum

Green/White Weekend

yeah sioux sioux

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the maroon and urine colored bodies that will be infecting the seats? They are substantial in number? Regardless, hope it works out.

Wish I could be there, I will be trying to survive law exams :)

ill be there for sure, ill bring a green and a white!! cat wait!

I've seen it on the scoreboard at the Ralph and the tv in the concourse... however originally they had the colors on the wrong nights, so I had to have that changed. Where I sit I can't hear when the announcer talks, so I can't say whether or not he's mentioned it at all. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find the publicity that is currently in place.

I've seen it on the scoreboard at the Ralph and the tv in the concourse... however originally they had the colors on the wrong nights, so I had to have that changed. Where I sit I can't hear when the announcer talks, so I can't say whether or not he's mentioned it at all. Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find the publicity that is currently in place.

I have also noticed it on the scoreboard but it needs to be better publicized or we wont have a very good green or white night.

Just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find the publicity that is currently in place.

Hopefully this doesn't sound rude (because I definitely am not trying to be), but...

If you have to keep your eyes peeled to see it, there isn't enough publicity.

What about having Sweeney announce it on TV (somehow, don't know how that works)?

Or having Josh Morton mention it on his blog and regular emails to Fighting Sioux Club members? (that's free, at least)

If some group is willing to pay for the paper (or if the Ralph is generous), have the little square handouts put in the cupholders of the Ralph..

Remember, there is only one more home series before Green/White weekend, and it is over Thanksgiving weekend, coming up soon.

Those are just some thoughts and ideas I had this morning...take 'em or lose 'em :)

It's green on Friday and white on Saturday.

And all your suggestions were good... In the one meeting I've had with the people involved I was under the impression that they would be doing the publicity. I don't have the free time to publicize an event for 11,000 some people by myself... hopefully they'll get something going.

I've mentioned this before, but how about getting some of the players to go on the radio stations and talk about this. I'm pretty sure that they would like nothing more than have a sea of green/white out there, especially for the goophs series. After talking to some of the guys last weekend in madtown, they all mentioned how the fans really get into it. I bet if you went to the right people you could get a couple them to help out with this by mentioning it on the radio or something.

this goes against a routine that has worked for the better part of a year, black jersey first game of series green one second game. they are(were) unbeaten for the enite 2007 year in games which I attended until the saturday cc game. 16 games which included the regional.so maybe change is good.

this thread isnt about what jersey the sioux should wear. this is aout the green/white weekend vs the gophers in december. its for the fans to wear green one night and white the other night.

this thread isnt about what jersey the sioux should wear. this is aout the green/white weekend vs the gophers in december. its for the fans to wear green one night and white the other night.

my bad I forgot to put that's what I've worn to the games and they hadn't lost until last saturday. sorry, for the confusion. I will definatley come in the green friday and white saturday night.

So where's this publicity?? Isn't that the whole reason we had those "meetings" ???

Anyways, just reminding everyone of this.... Hopefully I can figure out the whole poster situation soon. That way, I can get it up on here somehow and the rest of you can print some off and put some up in your respective cities?? That'd be great!

Let me know if you need any help!

Hi gang! Just wanted to give you all a little update since most of you have no idea what's going on for this!

First off, posters have been made! And they are super SWEET! (I just have to figure out how many they are willing to print off for me and when they can get them to me)

Secondly, we have decided to wait until right after the Duluth series this weekend to massively publicize for Sioux/Gopher weekend as both series are just as important.

So next week, probably Monday or Tuesday, we will need an army of people to hang up posters all over UND, GF, and surrounding areas (and wherever else we can!).

You don't need to be a UND student to help! (Like if you live somewhere other than GF where there are Sioux fans) So if you and/or anyone you know wants to get a hold of me and get some of these awesome posters, PLEASE send me an email at leah.labounty@und.edu (to exchange some info personally).... We will appreciate any and all help we can get! Thank you!

Leah

I would suggest checking with REA to see if a small paper notice could be placed on each seat in the Ralph this Saturday night to advertise this. They do it with many other things and that would get the word out to those who actually go to the games. From there it should spread on it's own.

I would suggest checking with REA to see if a small paper notice could be placed on each seat in the Ralph this Saturday night to advertise this. They do it with many other things and that would get the word out to those who actually go to the games. From there it should spread on it's own.

I agree, that is a great idea to target a large number of the folks who will be at the gopher games.