SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

I will admit that Miller has stepped up his game lately, but I like Kozek's physical presence along with Oshie and Duncan. I think Kozek is the best fit with those two, Miller is doing ok, but seems to shy away from physical contact, and the other two seem to use their physical nature to help their game. I will again defer to Hak, but I thought that Kozek is better served playing on the 1st line, and could do the most good for the team. The question also remains, if Trupp is ready to go this weekend, who sits??

Just to keep this thread off topic :silly: , Hak said during one of the pre or post game interviews during the St. Cloud series that he had moved Kozek to the 3rd line cause he wasn't producing the way he thought he should - not getting enough shot on goal and then he went out and got 5 shots on goal that night - nothing to show for it.

I trust Hak, however, it seems to me that Kozek's role on that line would be to create space for TJ and Duncs (Miller is not as physical a player and has a hard time doing this) and if he has the opportunity to shoot, go for it, but pure offense from him on that line maybe shouldn't be the goal (pun intended).

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep this thread off topic :silly: , Hak said during one of the pre or post game interviews during the St. Cloud series that he had moved Kozek to the 3rd line cause he wasn't producing the way he thought he should - not getting enough shot on goal and then he went out and got 5 shots on goal that night - nothing to show for it.

I trust Hak, however, it seems to me that Kozek's role on that line would be to create space for TJ and Duncs (Miller is not as physical a player and has a hard time doing this) and if he has the opportunity to shoot, go for it, but pure offense from him on that line maybe shouldn't be the goal (pun intended).

I thought Hak said he put Koz on the third line to try and jump-start the offense on that line, not because he wasn't producing on the first line, that just wouldn't make any sense. Like I said before, he was the leading goal scorer until he was moved back to the third line.

I thought Hak said he put Koz on the third line to try and jump-start the offense on that line, not because he wasn't producing on the first line, that just wouldn't make any sense. Like I said before, he was the leading goal scorer until he was moved back to the third line.

Nope - it was because Andrew wasn't "producing" on the top line - apparently he hadn't had a shot on goal in 2-3 games.

BCHL

hextall and penticton swept their conference final best of 7 and their title series starts april 4th

hextall has 10 goals and 2 assists in the playoff run so far which is 2nd on his team in the playoffs

AJHL

macwilliam and camrose are in their title series as well as it starts april 5th

4 points and 12 PIM

http://ajhl.ca/sidebar/pamco-jiro-service-...ff-information/

USHL UPDATES

gregoire (lincoln) - 1 goal in friday win, 1 assist in saturday loss

3rd in USHL scoring race with 64 points, leader ar 67 points. gregoire has 4 less games played than leader

cichy (tri-city) - 1 assist in friday win, 2 pim in saturday win

lamoureux (tri-city) - 1 asisst in friday win, 1 goal, 1 assist in saturday win,

fink (waterloo) - didnt play friday, 3 shots in saturday win

blood (indiana) - wednesday has 1 assist in loss, +1 in friday loss, 2 pim in saturday loss

finehage (indiana) - played friday in loss, played in saturday loss

bruneteau (des moines) - tuesday 1 assist in loss, 1 goal in friday win, 1 assist in saturday loss,

I take it that means he is back from his knee injury?

Actually that's a good question. Before I posted I forgot that he was injured, so he may not be playing. Either way, it's still a good tournament to follow because there are many good recruits in it.

Gregoire is up for a couple of awards...player of the year and forward oty

Hextall is doing awesome, and is going to the finals. MacWilliam is too.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/ thanks to brad

What would be interesting is that if both their teams win the league titles respectively, they would match up the following week in the Doyle Cup (which matches the BCHL vs. AJHL champions).

What would be interesting is that if both their teams win the league titles respectively, they would match up the following week in the Doyle Cup (which matches the BCHL vs. AJHL champions).

That would be even more awesome if the BCHL/AJHL champ met the USHL champ!! Now that would be cool!!

Actually that's a good question. Before I posted I forgot that he was injured, so he may not be playing. Either way, it's still a good tournament to follow because there are many good recruits in it.

Although Toews is listed on the roster, SSM has scored 16 goals in its first two games, and he doesn't yet have a point. I'm guessing he's not playing.

Although Toews is listed on the roster, SSM has scored 16 goals in its first two games, and he doesn't yet have a point. I'm guessing he's not playing.

anyone know the severity of the injury? possible ligament damage? :lol: hopefully it is not too bad, but sucks for him if it is keeping him out of the national tourney. any possibility of keeping him out of gf for another year? i know we are stacked at forward, but i don't think david will be a four year guy, so defering him another year means one less year in a sioux jersey :lol:

anyone know the severity of the injury? possible ligament damage? :lol: hopefully it is not too bad, but sucks for him if it is keeping him out of the national tourney. any possibility of keeping him out of gf for another year? i know we are stacked at forward, but i don't think david will be a four year guy, so defering him another year means one less year in a sioux jersey :lol:

From what I heard at the rink at the time, the thought was it may have been an ACL injury. Not sure on the severity. The plan was to have it re-evaluated when they got back to Fairbault. I know he left the rink on crutches the night he injured it, but was at the rink the next night with a large brace on. He did appear to be in a fair amount of pain when having to move it, even with the brace on. Again, none of this is gospel, just what I heard and observed at the SSM/Bobcats game in Bismarck.

That would be even more awesome if the BCHL/AJHL champ met the USHL champ!! Now that would be cool!!

I was talking to one of the BCHL coaches awhile back, and he said that we in favor of that idea. It's hard though, because the week after the BCHL/AJHL champ meets, the winner then plays for the RBC Cup, that tournament goes well into May.

Mattson with zero points in a 7-2 loss to St. Louis, they play today in a must win. Danny Kristo and the NTDP 18U team will be playing in the IIHF World 18U Championships starting next Sunday. The team has already departed for the tournament. Also, it's unfortunate that David Toews will not be playing for Team Canada. Here is the preliminary schedule,

April 13 -- vs. Switzerland

April 14 -- vs. Belarus

April 16 -- vs. Sweden

April 18 -- vs. Finland

The USHL Clark Cup playoffs start this week, four of our recruits will be playing, here is the schedule,

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=1150

brad states toews injury isnt that serious so thats good news

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Team Canada will be going there without Sioux recruit David Toews.

Toews, who is at Shattuck, suffered a sprained knee while playing against the Bismarck Bobcats three weeks ago. The injury is pretty much the exact same one his brother, Jonathan, suffered with the Blackhawks a couple months ago.

The good part is that the injury is not serious. The bad part is that Toews will miss both the national midget tournament and the World U-18s.

Nick Mattson had zero assists in the 6-2 loss to St. Louis today which ends their playoff run. Congrats to David Toews (even though he didn't play due to injury) on winning the national 18U championship today. Brett Hextall and the Vees are up 2-0 in their series which resumes on Tuesday. Andrew MacWilliam and the Camrose Kodiaks took a 1-0 lead in their series and they are playing game 2 right now.

Nick Mattson had zero assists in the 6-2 loss to St. Louis today which ends their playoff run. Congrats to David Toews (even though he didn't play due to injury) on winning the national 18U championship today. Brett Hextall and the Vees are up 2-0 in their series which resumes on Tuesday. Andrew MacWilliam and the Camrose Kodiaks took a 1-0 lead in their series and they are playing game 2 right now.

Camrose won again 3-1 and MacWilliam assisted on their first goal.

http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey_boxSc...p;gameID=547692

I think if Cichy would have been on a slightly better team we would have seen much bigger numbers out of him. I know the hype surrounding him has died down a bit, but I think he will surprise alot of people coming in. I don't know if I would roll with a line of all freshmen, especially since they have slightly different styles of play, but I think they will put up some good numbers from the get go.