SiouxSports.com Forum

High School Football

Well here we are back to STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game day for Calss AA.

Devils Lake vs Fargo Shanley up at 5:00

This is Devils Lakes last year in Class AA, and next near will be back to AAA, to play against the GF, Bismarck and larger Fargo schools.

My opinion is, they are too small of a school to playy AAA. Any other opinions?

This is Devils Lakes last year in Class AA, and next near will be back to AAA, to play against the GF, Bismarck and larger Fargo schools.

Don't they rank the top 16 by enrollment and force them into AAA? Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't worry, they'll only be there for a couple years then we'll reshuffle...................again. NDHSAA really needs to explain why we have 3 classes of 11 man football in ND. Makes no sense.

Is that how they determine what class they play in? By enrollment?

I suppose that the NDSHSA (if thats what it's called) has a web site that has enrollment numbers? I'm gonna have to check that out!

Its based on enrollment.....sort of. It has to do with the number of boys in grades 7-12, not total enrollment.

Its based on enrollment.....sort of. It has to do with the number of boys in grades 7-12, not total enrollment.

OK, thanks. So Devils Lake, going from AA to AAA, means that there have been more boys enrolled now? Or, because they have had success at AA, to now it's time to move them up to AAA. Not understanding why Shanley doesn't move up too.

OK, thanks. So Devils Lake, going from AA to AAA, means that there have been more boys enrolled now? Or, because they have had success at AA, to now it's time to move them up to AAA. Not understanding why Shanley doesn't move up too.

After the Devils Lake move, Shanley is the 4th largest AA school.

The enrollment numbers were tweaked, DL has more boys in grades 7-12 so they move up. Shanley has a ways to go before they move anywhere

Either Devils Lake is gaining boys in grades 7-12, or schools that had more are losing more boys in those grades. It has nothing to do with success on the field. Devils Lake would be moving up if they were winless the last 3 years.

I believe that there may be a provision so that schools can play up a level if they choose. It's similar to Roseau playing up a level in Minnesota high school hockey.

With the addition of Fargo Davies, Class AAA was at 13 schools this year. NDHSAA wanted to get it back to an even number, so Devils Lake had to move up as the AA school with the largest enrollment. The enrollment figures are the current 7-10 male enrollment except for private schools and those on the reservations.

Next year's full plan is here http://www.ndhsaa.org/files/11_12_FB_Division.pdf

Dickinson Trinity is playing up to AA and Harvey and Velva are playing up to A. State Champion Velva has by far the smallest enrollment in the division.

Either Devils Lake is gaining boys in grades 7-12, or schools that had more are losing more boys in those grades. It has nothing to do with success on the field. Devils Lake would be moving up if they were winless the last 3 years.

I believe that there may be a provision so that schools can play up a level if they choose. It's similar to Roseau playing up a level in Minnesota high school hockey.

Schools can opt up if they choose. Paperwork has to be done in the spring/summer prior to alignments changing. Alignments change in 2011 so paperwork had to be submitted by spring/summer of 2010.