SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day Finally Here

4siouxnow

I don't completely disagree with playing a patsie for the first game like we did last year with CSP. The scary part for us is that SFA will have already played a game and we'll still be knocking the rust off. SUU will give the Sioux a far better game than Humbolt did but they're still not very good. You guys will win by 15-20.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to compare Humpty Dumpty State to Stephen F. Austin that's fine.

That would be a poor comparison. A better comparison would be between Humbolt St. and Arkansas-Monticello, or Valparaiso, or Concordia St. Paul. Those three schools were all invovled in a big matchup with a regional school in recent years as well. :D

I'm surprised, BisonBacker, at the way in which you are attacking Humboldt St. and the Sioux for playing them. Of the three founders of the "Board for the Banned" you're usually the most level-headed. Or did you loan your password to JBB? You know as well as anybody the scheduling troubles that both UND and NDSU have had in recent years. Grow up and move on. I heard your favorite squad is supposed to be pretty good this year. Focus on that.

Couple observations from last night.

Danny Freund impresses me.

The crowd noise was great. That delay of game on the first series was huge.

The people around us actually stood and cheered and paid attention to the game.....I hope they all have season tickets so they're there every game. :D

I can't remember what else......

They had problems doing a lot of things inside the dome. :D

that is what we told them and yet they still wanted to talk to us. At which we told them to talk when they could reach an endzone besides ours. Overall, I enjoyed the game.....the entire game.

Bison fans who keep talking about how bad Humboldt St. was- Every one thought that they were going to be somewhat good. Their record was 9-1 last year including a win over Western Washington. They lost 23 seniors and only returned 4 starters on their offensive line. Good Luck to you guys against Stephen Austin. You probably win, just don't get cocky. If you want prove, I don't need to remind anyone of the UNO game at the Alerus two years ago. All I am saying is wait until you play to start telling us how bad UND is. BTW, UND won't be D2 for much longer.

I have no real offical rules to base this on, and there is a very good chance that I made the whole thing up in my head, but I always thought that you couldn't play two guys with the same number.

Gudmudson and Ankenbauer both played last night with the number 14. That threw me off a little bit.

This morning when my coworkers asked about the game, I had to mention Stroup's block. I just pictured stars and birdies flying around poor #72's head. Other happy highlight of my night was when Hellevang was able to kick a touchback from the 15 yard line.

HSU also had two #8 playing... that got confusing until I realized that there were two, the QB and a black kid on defense. The hit towards the end of the game was FABULOUS! I stayed until the end of the game, and other than the fact that my feet are a little sore today, I don't regret it at all. It's sad to see so many fans leave so early.... yeah, it's still a blowout, but can't we support our team a little more?

HSU also had two #8 playing... that got confusing until I realized that there were two, the QB and a black kid on defense. The hit towards the end of the game was FABULOUS! I stayed until the end of the game, and other than the fact that my feet are a little sore today, I don't regret it at all. It's sad to see so many fans leave so early.... yeah, it's still a blowout, but can't we support our team a little more?

my feet hurt too, but that is mostly cause some guy ripped my toenail in half when he stepped into my toenail when the shuttle stopped suddenly.

This is the worry I have for night games during the week. Enough fans already leave early on Sat afternoon games. But on a Thurs night, I could see some people leaving that wouldn't on a Sat because they have work, school, parties, and other things the next day. Night games on weekends might be a different story though.

I completely agree with your last statment. I have the philosophy that you stay until the last dog is hung. Though since becoming a parent I'm willing to bend in the case of unruley tikes!! Sanity first!!

Bison fans who keep talking about how bad Humboldt St. was- Every one thought that they were going to be somewhat good. Their record was 9-1 last year including a win over Western Washington. They lost 23 seniors and only returned 4 starters on their offensive line.

There's probably more talk about UND on Bisonville than there is here, as they seem to study Lennon's every breath. The large margin of victory brings out deep insecurities in many bison fans (with many exceptions of course, like westsidebison): why else did so many of them trash UNI last year but never admit UND was a good team? Somehow, SDSU, Youngstown St, and Illinois State, which all lost to UNI, were all good teams in their narrow minded IAA vision, yet UNI sucked. :D

There's probably more talk about UND on Bisonville than there is here, as they seem to study Lennon's every breath. The large margin of victory brings out deep insecurities in many bison fans (with many exceptions of course, like westsidebison): why else did so many of them trash UNI last year but never admit UND was a good team? Somehow, SDSU, Youngstown St, and Illinois State, which all lost to UNI, were all good teams in their narrow minded IAA vision, yet UNI sucked. :D

I don't agree that the margin of victory brings out any insecurities in Bison fans. I think most of us probably expected you to roll over them. I agree that some fans from Bisonville concern themselves too much with what is going on up there, for which I have no explanation. I think that fans on both sides,no matter how much venom has been built up over the last few years need to atleast admit that North Dakota has two damn good college football programs. Look at the preseason polls NDSU/UND are both ranked around #3 in the nation in their respective divisions, that's pretty darn good for ND. Hopefully one of these days we'll settle it on the field once again. I think that game might sell a few tickets!

I don't agree that the margin of victory brings out any insecurities in Bison fans. I think most of us probably expected you to roll over them. I agree that some fans from Bisonville concern themselves too much with what is going on up there, for which I have no explanation. I think that fans on both sides,no matter how much venom has been built up over the last few years need to atleast admit that North Dakota has two damn good college football programs. Look at the preseason polls NDSU/UND are both ranked around #3 in the nation in their respective divisions, that's pretty darn good for ND. Hopefully one of these days we'll settle it on the field once again. I think that game might sell a few tickets!

Great post. I can't wait to faceoff against the Herd in the next few years.

It would be nice to get the focus back to a recent head to head match up, but in the meantime, many Bison fans will yap about UND in whatever way they can (inferiority of D-2/UND opponents/superiority of Fargodome to Alerus, football attendance, Bison championships, the list goes on) until the game is played on the field. It's the hazard of browsing these sites.

It would be nice to get the focus back to a recent head to head match up, but in the meantime, many Bison fans will yap about UND in whatever way they can (inferiority of D-2/UND opponents/superiority of Fargodome to Alerus, football attendance, Bison championships, the list goes on) until the game is played on the field. It's the hazard of browsing these sites.

Absolutely pointless until we play. To be fair though it's not just Bison fans doing the yapping. A fair amount of Sioux fans like to start s&!t to. Sometimes what I see happen is a fan of one team(for discussion we'll say a Bison fan) comes on here and provides a comment that isn't really meant to be smack but is taken that way. Then in defense a Sioux fan responds with smack, and after the fight has raged on a while and the discussion is now on attendance and budgetary issues somebody chimes in with " hey, weren't we just talking about Augustana". It happens on the Bison board in the same way and it's petty!

• 2 months later...

If you want to compare Humpty Dumpty State to Stephen F. Austin that's fine. Shows what little you know about competition.

Regarding UNI, I congratulated you on that but UNI didn't make the playoffs last year either and they were down last year which their own fans admit, but it was still a good win for you.

Regarding the GWFC that comments ridiculous. first of all if not for the work of Taylor and Grom there would be no GWFC for you to join. But thats fine, UND's just doing what it always does, Follow NDSU. :D

SFA finished the season...0-11.