SiouxSports.com Forum

I'm sorry Sioux fans

01grad

Yes I was the Sioux fan at the final five who put on my gopher gear and cheered the furs over Mankato. I just can't stand the state teams and feel I should cheer for a team from the original WCHA. I did however cheer for CC in the chamipionship. We were sitting right behind the presidents at the game who were pulling for the gophers and I guess they rubbed me the wrong way. I grew up a gopher fan, but switched while I attended UND. I will always be a Sioux fan, but when I am at a game I need to pick a side so I had to do it. Some of the Sioux fans around me looked a little dissapionted in me. I just wanted to let you know that I am not one of those people that jumped on the gopher bandwagon. I will always stick with the Sioux and will never revert back to cheering the gophers over North Dakota as I did when I was growing up. I can understand why I got some dirty looks because if I was from North Dakota I would never cheer on the maroon and gold because that would be like these annoying Minnesota people that cheer on the Packers, as was stated in another post. I can't wait until next year. Hopefully we will be able to get the same seats because the people around us were terrific. I felt like I was up at school again the way we were putting down drinks. I think we alone paid for the final five coming back to the X next year. I wish I could get tickets for this weekend, but I am broke. Let's do this thing SIOUX! F the East teams! :)

As 01 already knows I did see this and it was very confusing and almost really disturbing at times. I can't confirm if I saw him spell MN because I think once you do that then you are committed to the cause FOREVER. In his defense when I went down to talk to him on Saturday he was working over some Maine fans because of their hockey east affiliation as well as some Gopher fans. Really nobody was safe that wasn't wearing green. All in all 01 was a solid fan as well as a major contributer to the concessions of the Xcel Energy Center which I think may have been a major reason for him wearing the shirt to begin with.

Speaking of the Final Five, our own forecheck got face time on the big screen on Saturday night.

Hooray for forecheck!! You looked good up there!

:D

Wrong, I looked drunk up there. :) I think I got on the big screen twice, although the first time they might have just shown my jersey and not my face. The second time during Dance Mania I was too concerned about not spilling my beer. :D Either way I got booed. ;)

Thanks Ghosty, I needed that. There was a time however that I have done the rouser, but this was a basketball game and was a long time ago. I would NEVER do this at a hockey game regardless of who they were playing. There was a time that the gophers were my second team if the Sioux were done for the year, but not anymore. The reason for this is that I have too many friends that follow them and whenever the Sioux are playing they cheer against them no matter who they are playing just to piss me off! They also are getting too close to us with the Championships and we need to catch Michigan. When it does come the the NCAA's I do pull for the WCHA teams but probably won't be pulling for the gophers anymore. If it is an East team up against them hopefully it is a weaker team so we can pull for them and hope for an upset. As long as the Boston's, Maine and Michigan aren't up against them it will be great to see them loose early. North Dakota can now be the cinderella team since we will be underdogs after our downhill finish which will be fun to watch.

LET'S GO USA AND SIOUX!!!

Wrong, I looked drunk up there. :) I think I got on the big screen twice, although the first time they might have just shown my jersey and not my face. The second time during Dance Mania I was too concerned about not spilling my beer. :D Either way I got booed. ;)

forecheck...nice beads!

:D

WPoS

Dagies, jk, PCM, the list goes on and on, it was fun meeting everyone this weekend! I should have mentioned you guys WAY before the Gopher fans! ;) I was glad I found you during the 3rd period Thursday, and that I wasn't the only one who wanted to deck the annoying UMD fan sitting behind us. That guy knew nothing about hockey if he thought a Duluth player made a good play by laying on the puck to eat up time on the clock. :) And I was still mixing up the names of some players on our Sioux team Sunday, sorry about that. I even tried to get a POI guy to pay me for renting the ice. Hehe, whoops!

WPoS, everyone knows green is the ONLY hockey color. :D

Dagies, jk, PCM, the list goes on and on, it was fun meeting everyone this weekend! I should have mentioned you guys WAY before the Gopher fans! :D

Sniff. ;) I am so hurt. :D

It's hurts almost as bad as Greyeagle telling me that he thought I was a lot younger. :)

But that's okay. I expected someone who goes by "Greyeagle" to be a lot older. :D

I went to Wild Tymes on Thursday to meet some fans that were suppossed to be there but everytime I said that I was looking for someone in particular because I was suppossed to buy them a beer I got the same response, "you can buy me a beer". So I just quit looking and then proceeded to buy myself several beers. Good place to go. Thanks for whoever recommended that place. Friday it was too packed to I went to Alary's. The girls there appeared to work out and eat right.

Sniff. :D I am so hurt. :D

It's hurts almost as bad as Greyeagle telling me that he thought I was a lot younger. :)

But that's okay. I expected someone who goes by "Greyeagle" to be a lot older. :D

Bad phrasing by me - Sorry. I was gassed after the game.

I thought you were a student. Better? :D;)

I went to Wild Tymes on Thursday to meet some fans that were suppossed to be there but everytime I said that I was looking for someone in particular because I was suppossed to buy them a beer I got the same response, "you can buy me a beer". So I just quit looking and then proceeded to buy myself several beers. Good place to go. Thanks for whoever recommended that place. Friday it was too packed to I went to Alary's. The girls there appeared to work out and eat right.

Ghost, let's keep Alary's a well kept secret ;) A guy needs a place between Friday games he can actually get into...

I was there as well. 2 Guinness draughts and a game yet to look forward to is a damn fine way to pass the time.

:)

PCM, I looked for you but didn't see you....

Yeah, sorry about that. My buddy told me that our seats were in the same spot that we were in two years ago. He'd forgotten that last year, he bought tickets in a different spot on the other side at the opposite end of the arena. I looked for your green 87 Sioux jersey, but never saw you. :)

Yeah, sorry about that. My buddy told me that our seats were in the same spot that we were in two years ago. He'd forgotten that last year, he bought tickets in a different spot on the other side at the opposite end of the arena. I looked for your green 87 Sioux jersey, but never saw you. :lol:

Another time!

I can't confirm if I saw him spell MN because I think once you do that then you are committed to the cause FOREVER.

I guess I shouldn't mention that in addition to being a U of M alum, I also had season football tickets as recently as two years ago and quite often spelled M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A. As history has now recorded, this website was up throughout that entire sordid time, so spelling MN doesn't necessarily fully convert you.

All in all 01 was a solid fan as well as a major contributer to the concessions of the Xcel Energy Center which I think may have been a major reason for him wearing the shirt to begin with.

In my defense, concessions at the Metrodome were always a big part of the event (not to mention Bloody Mary's at Bullwinkles before they let me in the dome).

I guess I shouldn't mention that in addition to being a U of M alum, I also had season football tickets as recently as two years ago and quite often spelled M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A. As history has now recorded, this website was up throughout that entire sordid time, so spelling MN doesn't necessarily fully convert you.

In my defense, concessions at the Metrodome were always a big part of the event (not to mention Bloody Mary's at Bullwinkles before they let me in the dome).

There should be some kind of dispensation for doing that cheer for non-hockey related events. I have been a huge gopher bb fan for many years and have attended several games. They are a serious blast. I enjoy that cheer then, but hate it in a hockey venue. You really can flip a switch.

And funny, I found myself cheering against the gopher women's hockey team in their Frozen Four too.

Yes I was the Sioux fan at the final five who put on my gopher gear and cheered the furs over Mankato.

You're not the only one...I saw one kid that I have a few classes with sporting Gopher gear and cheering for Minnesota (although he was doing M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, quite enthusiasticaly too....which was dissapointing to see)

01grad...we're you the one wearing a black Sioux jersey in 105 or 6 (on the glass)cheering for the Gophers on Sat. night?